Thread: 5w4

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Found the description I can identify the most with, ever.

They even meantioned nihilism
    It's obvious to me where this quote came from, but Riso and Hudson might appreciate it if you would at least cite them.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    entropie...you're...you're a 7. Like you know that right? (I actually didn't even know you were questioning your e-type). I mean...I don't like sharing my opinion on here with regards to other people's MBTI & e-type because I don't feel that I could know better than them. But I consider you a friend...and it is just so obvious with you. You are a 7. I understand the 7 descriptions are so lame. It took me forever to see my own 7ness as well. And what I'm thinking is that perhaps you are just evolving and thus seeing yourself in the 5w4 description? As 5 is the security point for us? Or maybe you are just totally unhealthy like me...and are currently on the low sides of 5 & 1? What do you think?
    Well I gave it some thought and read up on the enneagram descriptions from enneagram institute. I never really dealt with finding out my enneagram, so its basically new to me.

@Asterion was right, when I read up more on the pure 5 type that wasnt really me. The "unatlethic cautious chess player" doesnt fit with my facts.

From all descriptions the 8 had the most in common with the most objective way to see myself possible. The 7 description sounded to passive for me, especially the things about indecisiveness resulting from too many projects. I definitly have this aspect, but I try to counter it and to stay in control everywhen I can, so it would make the most sense to me, if I'ld label myself a 8w7.

I have considered 6 as well, but I dont get along with the stubborn sense of loyality nor would I devote myself to a cause I havent invented myself. Still there is a lot of the integrity of the 6 in me and thats why I thought I was a 6 before.

However, when I continued thinking about it, the 8w7 does not cling with my sense for harmony and order. Normally I like things the most, when there are no problems, so I read up on the 8w9 and that made more sense. Still I am not to convinced, if I really come off as "less-assertive" since I am not so good at reflecting myself thru others (and that because I never let them speak ).

So what do you think ? 8 possible or did I forget another obvious number ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

stuff in the post just above mine
    Maybe 7 with a strong 8 wing, then? I consider myself to have a really, really strong 6 wing, to the point where many of the common (but secondary) 6 traits supercede those of the 5 in me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Well I gave it some thought and read up on the enneagram descriptions from enneagram institute. I never really dealt with finding out my enneagram, so its basically new to me.

@Asterion was right, when I read up more on the pure 5 type that wasnt really me. The "unatlethic cautious chess player" doesnt fit with my facts.

From all descriptions the 8 had the most in common with the most objective way to see myself possible. The 7 description sounded to passive for me, especially the things about indecisiveness resulting from too many projects. I definitly have this aspect, but I try to counter it and to stay in control everywhen I can, so it would make the most sense to me, if I'ld label myself a 8w7.

I have considered 6 as well, but I dont get along with the stubborn sense of loyality nor would I devote myself to a cause I havent invented myself. Still there is a lot of the integrity of the 6 in me and thats why I thought I was a 6 before.

However, when I continued thinking about it, the 8w7 does not cling with my sense for harmony and order. Normally I like things the most, when there are no problems, so I read up on the 8w9 and that made more sense. Still I am not to convinced, if I really come off as "less-assertive" since I am not so good at reflecting myself thru others (and that because I never let them speak ).

Don't sweat the everyday tendencies you have when figuring out your enneagram type. You look at your motivation.

5: To protect themselves from being stranded and helpless (they do this by retreating into their minds so they aren't vulnerable)
    6: To quiet their internal and existential fear
    7: To avoid pain (always staying one jump ahead of it)
    8: To avoid being controlled or dependent

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Given what you've stated, the only other possibility would be type 3, but only because of its resemblance to 7. Just speculating.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Enneagram institute descriptions aren't bad if you just want a quick idea/overview, but if you really want to know I would recommend a book. There are plenty of them around, but I found Helen Palmer's to be solid gold in paper form.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I really like this site's descriptions. It has a lot of info, and it is really good at showing why the types are flawed.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

I thought about this quite a bit...and for me personally...I can't place you outside of enneagram 7. I mean...I would buy 8w7...although it is still a 'mental stretch' for me...and a big one at that. Perhaps it is the case that @bologna got it right with the whole '7 with a powerful 8 wing'.

I wish I could provide you with a more thoughtful answer right now...with 'reasons' and 'evidence' and 'textbook learnin'...but I'm spending the whole day baking cookies and candy and only have a few minutes here and there before I burn something. The reason I'm telling you this is because I now totally want to be German. I'm making Spritz...and when I was reading about it...I learned that German's traditionally bake for TWO WEEKS prior to Christmas? Ah yum. Is this true? Yes...I want to be German now.

Hopefully someone that can explain things better than I will come on here and...talk.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I thought about this quite a bit...and for me personally...I can't place you outside of enneagram 7. I mean...I would buy 8w7...although it is still a 'mental stretch' for me...and a big one at that. Perhaps it is the case that @bologna got it right with the whole '7 with a powerful 8 wing'.

I wish I could provide you with a more thoughtful answer right now...with 'reasons' and 'evidence' and 'textbook learnin'...but I'm spending the whole day baking cookies and candy and only have a few minutes here and there before I burn something. The reason I'm telling you this is because I now totally want to be German. I'm making Spritz...and when I was reading about it...I learned that German's traditionally bake for TWO WEEKS prior to Christmas? Ah yum. Is this true? Yes...I want to be German now.

Hopefully someone that can explain things better than I will come on here and...talk.
    Haha thanks for your vote of confidence. Yea my girlfriend and me are baking Spritzgebäck and other cookies since the beginning of December. I didnt know this was uniquely german. We made Mozart - Kugeln lately, which are pralines that is great ! They have nougat on the inside wrapped in a marzipan/pistachio cover and dipped in black chocolate. Very tasty, ate already way too much of them. If you like I can write you down the recipe .

Thanks to all of you for your participation. In what @Owfin wrote down about the basic fears, I can very identify with the 7. The 3 may be an option as well, but I want to read up more on that, maybe a book indeed is in order. So far 3 strike me as kind of "social achievers" what I like but what I dont need and what I could relinquish. I'll reply when I gave it some more thought. For the moment I have entrenched myself behind xmas preparations aswell. Plus the job doesnt seize to be demanding. This year people really work until the last minute. Last year I was already drunk everyday before xmas .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

If you like I can write you down the recipe .
    Ja, bitte. Ich würde sehr gerne dieses Rezept. Und ich möchte, betrunken zu sein auch.