• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] 7s and Morals

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother (who I believe is a 7) has quite a strong sense for morals. I liken them to type 1, seven's point of stress. What I'm asking, is if you sevens on this forum share this quality, and can any describe it fully?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nope. Not at all. Mine are totally bendy and changeable. I guess he's some kind of non ENTP Fi user?

Seen some SFP E7s with strong morals, which weirds me out.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Not at all. Mine are totally bendy and changeable. I guess he's some kind of non ENTP Fi user?

Yeah, he's ESFP, so the strong morals must arise from Fi then.

I don't see how 7s can disintegrate to type 1. Type 1 is about self control... you'd think that would tear a 7 in half.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I don't really see E-types about morals, more motivations, think MBTI gives more insight on that one. But, I have seen it with SFP E7s.

I don't see how 7s can disintegrate to type 1. Type 1 is about self control... you'd think that would tear a 7 in half.

It's about more than self control, but yeah, it's a very, very uncomfortable place and very much against my nature when it happens, I do not relate to E1 in the slightest. The main thing that I see as related when stressed is perfectionism crud, I lose sight of the forest for the finest detail on a tree. Well that and being more critical where the norm is super laid back, my criticism is quite self directed though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you're such an ENTP =P

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does hedonism count as a strong sense of morals? ;)

I think I would be considered morally flexible but I do have some sort of line, that pretty much says "raising the net pain or lowering net life= :dry: " Other than that, live life to the awesomest.....

redacted

One of my exes (ENTP 7w8 so/sx) has a very strong sense of morals...she just doesn't think about them that much. They're very consistent, though. She tends to call people that violate her morals "stupid" instead of "wrong", but in her vocabulary, those terms are synonyms.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 7w8 Sp/Sx
very strong values here. values give me strength, integrity, passion and drive. I would be a weak man without them

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
One of my exes (ENTP 7w8 so/sx) has a very strong sense of morals...she just doesn't think about them that much. They're very consistent, though. She tends to call people that violate her morals "stupid" instead of "wrong", but in her vocabulary, those terms are synonyms.

could be a 6 as well. thats not unheard of for entps. i think its the weak fe that still has a high demand to function well in society that thrives in entps or istps. mixed with the playful nature of ne a 7w6 or 6w7 is an option

redacted

could be a 6 as well. thats not unheard of for entps. i think its the weak fe that still has a high demand to function well in society that thrives in entps or istps. mixed with the playful nature of ne a 7w6 or 6w7 is an option

If I'm sure of any typing, I'm sure she's 7w8.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea no prob. I am just on the quest to enlighten people to think a bit deeper at times and not label all Extroverted perceivers a 7 right away, just because they are enthusiastic. More than often the real personality is hidden under that shallow outer self-image in said cases.

R

Riva

ESFPs are verbal about what they believe.
They are quick to point out something and what think think (of feel) about.
This could be the reason why they (he) appears to have strong sense of morals.

Once uttered it becomes law.
It is the other way around of what is normally thought out to happen.
People believe, that the belief (opinion) comes 1st, followed by the verbalization.
But I've noticed (no I am not an SJ) that some believe what they have said.
(They say 1st without thinking too much of it, then they follow it since they have said it earlier.)

---

Subconsciousness - Oh I said _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ therefore I have to live by them.

:)

Ps - Evan I just noticed that you have (4,003) exactly one thousand posts more than I (3,003) do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Once uttered it becomes law.
It is the other way around of what is normally thought out to happen.
People believe, that the belief (opinion) comes 1st, followed by the verbalization.
But I've noticed (no I am not an SJ) that some believe what they have said.
(They say 1st without thinking too much of it, then they follow it since they have said it earlier.)

---

Subconsciousness - Oh I said _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ therefore I have to live by them.

:)

Ps - Evan I just noticed that you have (4,003) exactly one thousand posts more than I (3,003) do.

So your drug dealer sells again ? :D

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i still dont even have a clear idea as to what morals mean. its like the term family values? it depends on the family. and at times, who in the family you value? and if you even value family. morals seem like a societal emotional regulator to optimize group thinking to a common or human goal. they are ideas, as abstract as love, where definitions change constantly depending on the group, people, customs, context and location.

G

Ginkgo

Sounds familiar. Maybe it's because "morality" has a connotation of being stupid to her?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, I'm with Kasper on this, especially considering that "morals" are subjectively defined at vast levels.

Ring 7 Summary for Arbitrary Constraints:
(1) Rules = Guidelines
(2) Morals = Ideals SOME People Think Should Be Held by All as Universal Human Truths

Good luck trying to get me to blindly follow either of the above, LOL! :laugh:

:solidarity:

-Alex

redacted

Sounds familiar. Maybe it's because "morality" has a connotation of being stupid to her?

I honestly think its more that she implicitly believes that the smarter people are, the more likely they are to agree with her.

I also think she avoids talking about morals using more "subjective" terms because it makes her perspective just one of many. When she keeps her terminology impersonal, she can use her gift with language to give her perspective extra weight.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm with Kasper on this, especially considering that "morals" are subjectively defined at vast levels.
Ring 7 Summary for Arbitrary Constraints:
(1) Rules = Guidelines
(2) Morals = Ideals SOME People Think Should Be Held by All as Universal Human Truths
Good luck trying to get me to blindly follow either of the above, LOL! :laugh:
:solidarity:
-Alex

point 1: yeah, I agree with this
point 2: this one I disagree with. to some degree, I think morality is an absolute rather than an opinion. for instance, sacrificing children was just wrong in the days of the Mayans as it is today. I don't care what anyone's "opinion" on that matter is. it's evil and that's a fact

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
if you were born a Mayan you likely wouldnt come to the same conclusion.