User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: 7s and Morals

  1. #11
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    could be a 6 as well. thats not unheard of for entps. i think its the weak fe that still has a high demand to function well in society that thrives in entps or istps. mixed with the playful nature of ne a 7w6 or 6w7 is an option
    If I'm sure of any typing, I'm sure she's 7w8.

  2. #12
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Yea no prob. I am just on the quest to enlighten people to think a bit deeper at times and not label all Extroverted perceivers a 7 right away, just because they are enthusiastic. More than often the real personality is hidden under that shallow outer self-image in said cases.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #13
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Yeah, he's ESFP, so the strong morals must arise from Fi then.

    I don't see how 7s can disintegrate to type 1. Type 1 is about self control... you'd think that would tear a 7 in half.
    ESFPs are verbal about what they believe.
    They are quick to point out something and what think think (of feel) about.
    This could be the reason why they (he) appears to have strong sense of morals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    One of my exes (ENTP 7w8 so/sx) has a very strong sense of morals...she just doesn't think about them that much. They're very consistent, though. She tends to call people that violate her morals "stupid" instead of "wrong", but in her vocabulary, those terms are synonyms.
    Once uttered it becomes law.
    It is the other way around of what is normally thought out to happen.
    People believe, that the belief (opinion) comes 1st, followed by the verbalization.
    But I've noticed (no I am not an SJ) that some believe what they have said.
    (They say 1st without thinking too much of it, then they follow it since they have said it earlier.)

    ---

    Subconsciousness - Oh I said _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ therefore I have to live by them.



    Ps - Evan I just noticed that you have (4,003) exactly one thousand posts more than I (3,003) do.

  4. #14
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Once uttered it becomes law.
    It is the other way around of what is normally thought out to happen.
    People believe, that the belief (opinion) comes 1st, followed by the verbalization.
    But I've noticed (no I am not an SJ) that some believe what they have said.
    (They say 1st without thinking too much of it, then they follow it since they have said it earlier.)

    ---

    Subconsciousness - Oh I said _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ therefore I have to live by them.



    Ps - Evan I just noticed that you have (4,003) exactly one thousand posts more than I (3,003) do.
    So your drug dealer sells again ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #15
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    i still dont even have a clear idea as to what morals mean. its like the term family values? it depends on the family. and at times, who in the family you value? and if you even value family. morals seem like a societal emotional regulator to optimize group thinking to a common or human goal. they are ideas, as abstract as love, where definitions change constantly depending on the group, people, customs, context and location.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  6. #16
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    One of my exes (ENTP 7w8 so/sx) has a very strong sense of morals...she just doesn't think about them that much. They're very consistent, though. She tends to call people that violate her morals "stupid" instead of "wrong", but in her vocabulary, those terms are synonyms.
    Sounds familiar. Maybe it's because "morality" has a connotation of being stupid to her?

  7. #17
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Nope. Not at all. Mine are totally bendy and changeable. I guess he's some kind of non ENTP Fi user?

    Seen some SFP E7s with strong morals, which weirds me out.
    Yeah, I'm with Kasper on this, especially considering that "morals" are subjectively defined at vast levels.

    Ring 7 Summary for Arbitrary Constraints:
    (1) Rules = Guidelines
    (2) Morals = Ideals SOME People Think Should Be Held by All as Universal Human Truths

    Good luck trying to get me to blindly follow either of the above, LOL!



    -Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  8. #18
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sounds familiar. Maybe it's because "morality" has a connotation of being stupid to her?
    I honestly think its more that she implicitly believes that the smarter people are, the more likely they are to agree with her.

    I also think she avoids talking about morals using more "subjective" terms because it makes her perspective just one of many. When she keeps her terminology impersonal, she can use her gift with language to give her perspective extra weight.

  9. #19
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Yeah, I'm with Kasper on this, especially considering that "morals" are subjectively defined at vast levels.
    Ring 7 Summary for Arbitrary Constraints:
    (1) Rules = Guidelines
    (2) Morals = Ideals SOME People Think Should Be Held by All as Universal Human Truths
    Good luck trying to get me to blindly follow either of the above, LOL!

    -Alex
    point 1: yeah, I agree with this
    point 2: this one I disagree with. to some degree, I think morality is an absolute rather than an opinion. for instance, sacrificing children was just wrong in the days of the Mayans as it is today. I don't care what anyone's "opinion" on that matter is. it's evil and that's a fact
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #20
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    if you were born a Mayan you likely wouldnt come to the same conclusion.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

Similar Threads

  1. Animals, Sex, and Morals
    By Savage Idealist in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 06:55 AM
  2. Happiness and morals
    By Moiety in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 12:36 AM
  3. Science and Morality
    By Epiphany in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
  4. Ethical Dilemmas and Moral Mazes
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
  5. Are Ideology and Morality like AIG and Citibank?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO