User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping with 9 indifference

How do I deal with indifferent tendencies... By being indifferent of course!

I kid. But I do recall an instance when i was about to be PISSED OFF because I thought my dog shit on the floor. and then I realized my dog actually shit on the floor... and I was like- I don't care.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to elaborate more on that question.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

I don't deal with my indifferences. I'm pretty happy with them the way they are. :P

That said, there is a level in my life where I dont suffer from indifference as a vice. For example, in my job, stuff needs to be done, and regardless of how I feel about it. I will do it. Because I realize it must be done. And the same applies to other things. I guess I never let my indifferences stand inbetween me and what must be done. Although in certain cases, it can make me be very creative with deadlines. Even so, I manage well.

And it definately is no issue in terms of my happiness. I have no expectancies of myself that would make this an issue.

468 sx/sp

I'm indifferent to my indifferences.

As a 9, you are a Peacemaker. When stressed you resemble a Loyalist, when secure you resemble an Achiever. You receive your primary help from the Perfectionist.

9 tends to look for compromises between opposing sides, and may seem indifferent, as they are not taking sides. However, this is not actually indifference, but a particular bias concerning the outcomes of an event. They are conflict-averse in the sense of trying to move things from conflict to peace, however also pursue conflictual situations as they wish to make use as much as they can of their talents in restoriyng the peace.

Watch out for overcompliance, i.e. not standing up for yourself, and for over-head-use, i.e. getting bogged down by the inconsistencies. When you start to become more yourself, you will learn to listen more to what you want for yourself, and be focused on achieving it.

The first type will be there along side you to keep you on track.

The thing is, the reason why I seem indifferent is because I have a hard time taking sides in a conversation or argument--I see both sides as valid and I can understand both points of view.

Senior Member Array statuesquechica's Avatar
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aspie aspiring View Post
    The thing is, the reason why I seem indifferent is because I have a hard time taking sides in a conversation or argument--I see both sides as valid and I can understand both points of view.
    I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, if anything you are willing to acknowledge there may be pros and cons in each point of view. That could also be looked at as a great opportunity to learn and understand another point of view. To me, there is always fluidity when looking at all sides of an issue, and I like that about myself, being an e9 as well.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    As is known, the vice/addiction of the 9 is indifference. Right now it is preventing me from enjoying life. I can't enjoy all of life and be satisfied, life's too short for that. It's as if in order to get some real fun out of life, some decisions have to be made....

Anyway, aside from the above paragraph, how do you 9s deal with your indifferent tendecies?
    lol @ what 9's consider a paragraph