User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    heha
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp

Default e6 is the worst enneagram type

to be honest this was originally going to be a rant thread, but i figured the moderators wouldn't very much appreciate that and i could use some enlightenment. So basically i've run across a few male 6s in my life who were counterphobic beyond belief and i can't figure out for the life of me how someone who is supposedly centered in the thinking triad would think this would be a logical approach to life. I mean really if you watch these guys its like they'll light a lighter underneath the curtain to see if the house catches on fire. but they supposedly want this house to be their eternal safe haven? whaaat??? can someone please explain.
    Last edited by Patches; 07-06-2012 at 06:47 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

No.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I wouldn't say that 6 is the worst enneagram type, in fact no enneagram type is really the 'worst'; such a notion is inherently subjective.

Now as for you skepticism concerning cp6's and being in the head triad, well I personally don't take the head triad (or any) too literally; in my opinion 7's don't seem like a head type at all (1's make more sense in that category). Anyway, I also don't think that every cp6 is some reckless danger loving jackass; as I see it cp6's simply reject seeking security in others or things, thus gainin a sense of tough independence, but while some may be rebels without a cause (usually young guys) others may simply be normal people who aren't afraid to stand up against authority when they need to.

There is no worst type. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, but a few extreme examples are hardly an accurate representation of the type. If you're asking why people do dumb things, I'm not sure I have an answer. Maybe they feel they have something to prove?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I wouldn't say that 6 is the worst enneagram type, in fact no enneagram type is really the 'worst'; such a notion is inherently subjective.

Now as for you skepticism concerning cp6's and being in the head triad, well I personally don't take the head triad (or any) too literally; in my opinion 7's don't seem like a head type at all (1's make more sense in that category). Anyway, I also don't think that every cp6 is some reckless danger loving jackass; as I see it cp6's simply reject seeking security in others or things, thus gainin a sense of tough independence, but while some may be rebels without a cause (usually young guys) others may simply be normal people who aren't afraid to stand up against authority when they need to.
    1s try to project the image of being head center/rational/objective to themselves and others, but when you dig deeper, the route of it all is anger, anger at the world for not being as it should be.
    7s have quick wit and a nervous, mentally quick energy to them.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't see alot of people wanting to be 6's. Maybe its the way the enneagram descriptions are written. I think its common to mistype as 4. People see 4s as unique and creative and want to be like that because it makes them feel special. 5s get the stereotype of being highly intelligent, 7s as happy and fun. I think people see those as desirable. On the surface 6s are perceived as being scaredy cats or mindless followers of authority. Who wants to be that?

Of course not all 6s are anything like that, but I can see how people wrongly misperceive 6s and why it can be perceived as a not so desireable enneatype to be.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I don't see alot of people wanting to be 6's. Maybe its the way the enneagram descriptions are written. I think its common to mistype as 4. People see 4s as unique and creative and want to be like that because it makes them feel special. 5s get the stereotype of being highly intelligent, 7s as happy and fun. I think people see those as desirable. On the surface 6s are perceived as being scaredy cats or mindless followers of authority. Who wants to be that?

Of course not all 6s are anything like that, but I can see how people wrongly misperceive 6s and why it can be perceived as a not so desireable enneatype to be.
    You must be interpreting the enneagram descriptions incorrectly.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

phobic 6 is prolly pretty bad.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zang View Post
    Not for the 6, presumably. It's who they are.

Vigilance can be a virtue, so long as it isn't marred by excessive, reactionary, volatile doubt.
    Hello

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zang View Post
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING