• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 is the worst enneagram type

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
to be honest this was originally going to be a rant thread, but i figured the moderators wouldn't very much appreciate that and i could use some enlightenment. So basically i've run across a few male 6s in my life who were counterphobic beyond belief and i can't figure out for the life of me how someone who is supposedly centered in the thinking triad would think this would be a logical approach to life. I mean really if you watch these guys its like they'll light a lighter underneath the curtain to see if the house catches on fire. but they supposedly want this house to be their eternal safe haven? whaaat??? can someone please explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't say that 6 is the worst enneagram type, in fact no enneagram type is really the 'worst'; such a notion is inherently subjective.

Now as for you skepticism concerning cp6's and being in the head triad, well I personally don't take the head triad (or any) too literally; in my opinion 7's don't seem like a head type at all (1's make more sense in that category). Anyway, I also don't think that every cp6 is some reckless danger loving jackass; as I see it cp6's simply reject seeking security in others or things, thus gainin a sense of tough independence, but while some may be rebels without a cause (usually young guys) others may simply be normal people who aren't afraid to stand up against authority when they need to.

Silveresque

There is no worst type. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, but a few extreme examples are hardly an accurate representation of the type. If you're asking why people do dumb things, I'm not sure I have an answer. Maybe they feel they have something to prove?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say that 6 is the worst enneagram type, in fact no enneagram type is really the 'worst'; such a notion is inherently subjective.

Now as for you skepticism concerning cp6's and being in the head triad, well I personally don't take the head triad (or any) too literally; in my opinion 7's don't seem like a head type at all (1's make more sense in that category). Anyway, I also don't think that every cp6 is some reckless danger loving jackass; as I see it cp6's simply reject seeking security in others or things, thus gainin a sense of tough independence, but while some may be rebels without a cause (usually young guys) others may simply be normal people who aren't afraid to stand up against authority when they need to.

1s try to project the image of being head center/rational/objective to themselves and others, but when you dig deeper, the route of it all is anger, anger at the world for not being as it should be.
7s have quick wit and a nervous, mentally quick energy to them.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see alot of people wanting to be 6's. Maybe its the way the enneagram descriptions are written. I think its common to mistype as 4. People see 4s as unique and creative and want to be like that because it makes them feel special. 5s get the stereotype of being highly intelligent, 7s as happy and fun. I think people see those as desirable. On the surface 6s are perceived as being scaredy cats or mindless followers of authority. Who wants to be that?

Of course not all 6s are anything like that, but I can see how people wrongly misperceive 6s and why it can be perceived as a not so desireable enneatype to be.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see alot of people wanting to be 6's. Maybe its the way the enneagram descriptions are written. I think its common to mistype as 4. People see 4s as unique and creative and want to be like that because it makes them feel special. 5s get the stereotype of being highly intelligent, 7s as happy and fun. I think people see those as desirable. On the surface 6s are perceived as being scaredy cats or mindless followers of authority. Who wants to be that?

Of course not all 6s are anything like that, but I can see how people wrongly misperceive 6s and why it can be perceived as a not so desireable enneatype to be.

You must be interpreting the enneagram descriptions incorrectly.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You're awful, silkroad. A true terror. And so reactionary, negative, and not to mention, simply unpopular. You mindless follower of authority. ;)

----------------------------------------------

What a load of shit this thread is.

Successful management of any type yields successful results. I find that 6 can be managed just like any other type. Find what you need. Also, when you mix mbti type with enneagram, instinctual variant and tritype, you come out with very different results. Sometimes there are contradictory elements that hold one another in check, and sometimes, one element wins out.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're awful, silkroad. A true terror. And so reactionary, negative, and not to mention, simply unpopular. You mindless follower of authority. ;)

Yup. Mindless, terrified, illogical. I'm a waste of space and I want to commit suicide anyway - please shoot me now.

We really needed another thread about how much 6 sucks. I think a lot of you need to realise that you're probably mistyping yourselves. It's probably the most common type, so stop deluding yourselves. :)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup. Mindless, terrified, illogical. I'm a waste of space and I want to commit suicide anyway - please shoot me now.

We really needed another thread about how much 6 sucks. I think a lot of you need to realise that you're probably mistyping yourselves. It's probably the most common type, so stop deluding yourselves. :)

Good answer. :thumbup:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ No no...it's just that all 6s suck. Because they're the "worst type". That's the "logical conclusion." :dry:

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
^ No no...it's just that all 6s suck. Because they're the "worst type". That's the "logical conclusion." :dry:

lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me, so they'll pick up what ammo they can find before blasting it away at me. i guess the disconnect is that this seems like a whole lot of work to go through for no apparent reason. like thanks, now we have to deal with this problem that you've just created because u needed to feel superior or in control or whatever. it's like they're just bored or insecure or something.. idk thats what i'm trying to figure out. but if this is really their approach to try and interact with me, they need to throw rocks in order to get some reaction, then obviously they aren't going to be interesting enough for me to really connect with anyways.

Supposedly their all wired up on anxiety all the time, so i guess they just have more energy to deal the way they do.

ehh sorry im kind of new on this board and don't mean come off as stuck up or on a high horse or anything :doh:
just trying to figure out these blasted 6s

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me, so they'll pick up what ammo they can find before blasting it away at me. i guess the disconnect is that this seems like a whole lot of work to go through for no apparent reason. like thanks, now we have to deal with this problem that you've just created because u needed to feel superior or in control or whatever. it's like they're just bored or insecure or something.. idk thats what i'm trying to figure out. but if this is really their approach to try and interact with me, they need to throw rocks in order to get some reaction, then obviously they aren't going to be interesting enough for me to really connect with anyways.

Supposedly their all wired up on anxiety all the time, so i guess they just have more energy to deal the way they do.

ehh sorry im kind of new on this board and don't mean come off as stuck up or on a high horse or anything :doh:
just trying to figure out these blasted 6s

I call it like I see it. This thread is idiocy. End of story. It has nothing to do with you, or me being a 6, although me calling a spade a spade is more-likely the result of my tritype and my mbti type.

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp

----------------------------------------------

Successful management of any type yields successful results. I find that 6 can be managed just like any other type. Find what you need. Also, when you mix mbti type with enneagram, instinctual variant and tritype, you come out with very results from 6'es. Sometimes there are contradictory elements that hold one another in check, and sometimes, one element wins out.

This is what i'm talking about. It's this annoying control mind trip. Sorry your so butt hurt about trying to explore the feces your type left behind.................

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to be honest this was originally going to be a rant thread, but i figured the moderators wouldn't very much appreciate that and i could use some enlightenment. So basically i've run across a few male 6s in my life who were counterphobic beyond belief and i can't figure out for the life of me how someone who is supposedly centered in the thinking triad would think this would be a logical approach to life. I mean really if you watch these guys its like they'll light a lighter underneath the curtain to see if the house catches on fire. but they supposedly want this house to be their eternal safe haven? whaaat??? can someone please explain.

This sounds a bit like the ISTJ bashing threads.

My wife's ex is a 6, probably counterphobic I don't know. What matters is his level of deterioration. We're talking levels 8 - 9. I had the pleasure of spending two weeks in the same household with him. It was utter madness. I don't know about lighting the curtains on fire but he would carry out a lot of crazy stunts. He was bipolar, of course, and untreated; and it was a predictable type. After a few days I could predict which mood he would be in at what hour of the day. Angry, crybaby, mellow, angry, crybaby, mellow... And he had one full-blown anxiety attack during my stay there.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is what i'm talking about. It's this annoying control mind trip. Sorry your so butt hurt about trying to explore the feces your type left behind.................

Sorry you're assuming I'm butt-hurt.
These replies are not educated enough concerning the types, me, or anything else to leave me butt-hurt about anything at all.