User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 135

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    After reading that, I did just realize that my idea of being a type 6 is heavily influenced by my strong 7 wing. All 6s have that anxiety, but perhaps the wing makes them deal with it differently.
    I consider myself a 5w6 and I find it very comfortable being alone and dealing with my thoughts. However with a 6 wing I feel I need to attach myself to people and groups or else I would just be alone all the time. I notice that I am very selective towards who I chose to make friends with thus I prefer groups that carry positive energy.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I consider myself a 5w6 and I find it very comfortable being alone and dealing with my thoughts. However with a 6 wing I feel I need to attach myself to people and groups or else I would just be alone all the time. I notice that I am very selective towards who I chose to make friends with thus I prefer groups that carry positive energy.
    I also like to be part of a group, but I feel the need to do so because it is nice to have friends, people who like you and you like them back. I'm not sure what you mean by positive energy. I don't feel any "aura" of positive or negative feeling in a group.

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I also like to be part of a group, but I feel the need to do so because it is nice to have friends, people who like you and you like them back. I'm not sure what you mean by positive energy. I don't feel any "aura" of positive or negative feeling in a group.
    There are good groups to be apart of and bad groups, groups who steal and hurt others (or each other) or groups who are more healing and positive. Some people(probably 6's) cling onto the wrong groups to feel secure with themselves.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Owfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    There are good groups to be apart of and bad groups, groups who steal and hurt others (or each other) or groups who are more healing and positive. Some people(probably 6's) cling onto the wrong groups to feel secure with themselves.
    Wow, that sounds fascinating. I wonder if it partly from Fi versus Fe instead of enneagram. Your signature says you don't get Fe, but the way you describe seeing groups seems like a lot of what I have read about Fe. Very cool.

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Wow, that sounds fascinating. I wonder if it partly from Fi versus Fe instead of enneagram. Your signature says you don't get Fe, but the way you describe seeing groups seems like a lot of what I have read about Fe. Very cool.
    My point is that I am quite detached (5's being detached and observant) and aware of what is going on outside me and of group dynamics so I don't step in if I don't feel comfortable. This does sound like relates to Fe as well I agree.

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Don't 6's cling on to each other and form groups and such? plus they must be also good at forming relationships with one another as well and working as a team. I think these are some positive traits to 6's. The flipside to anxiety is it's survival mechanism when someone is anxious they are usually thinking about the next step before they get caught with something. 6's have alot of survivability being phobic and dependent only comes with the bad side of being a 6.
    Not not really. Being a six is just being a big ball of doubt and constantly questioning the strength of whatever it is he is questioning.

    The strength of being a 6 is the anxiety. It gives a drive to help pull one out of a potentially bad or mediocre situation. The fear gives lets us see potential problems well before they rise.

    Responsible yes, but even this ENFP type 6 is forgetful. I don't do well with details, but my strength is problem solving to the umpteenth degree. I do very well in IT and mechanics. But the 7 wing does an even better job with having something resembling confidence in social situations.

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
    Not not really. Being a six is just being a big ball of doubt and constantly questioning the strength of whatever it is he is questioning.

    The strength of being a 6 is the anxiety. It gives a drive to help pull one out of a potentially bad or mediocre situation. The fear gives lets us see potential problems well before they rise.

    Responsible yes, but even this ENFP type 6 is forgetful. I don't do well with details, but my strength is problem solving to the umpteenth degree. I do very well in IT and mechanics. But the 7 wing does an even better job with having something resembling confidence in social situations.
    Didn't I just say in my quote that the anxiety for a 6 is it's strong side as well?. Anxiety in itself can be both positive and negative when there is too much it turns against you and becomes overwhelming but when there is just enough you can work through problems and foresee the next step. 6's aren't always overwhelmed with anxiety but it seems to always be there which can be a plus in many ways. You make six's sound more incompetent then they really are, especially 6w5s could be the most competent type of all. You might not be good with details but a sensor type 6 might be.

  8. #58
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    I think frenchie just means that seeking out like-minded groups isn't a necessary trait of being a 6, then was extrapolating from that statement to explain what a 6 is.

    I happen to agree.. seeking out like-minded groups has never been my thing. If anything, I always question (for good or for bad) the ideas that I have and tend to want an opposing perspective to balance or to keep things in check. I often define myself in opposition to what a group thinks so that we all, collectively, have a holistic perspective. If I'm personally tackling a problem, or if I'm in a group that's tackling a problem, I want every single possible perspective to go into it.

    I want to move forward without bias, which means never anchoring myself to any given viewpoint.

    I'm a team player for sure, though.. often to a fault.

  9. #59
    Senior Member typologywhore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    125

    Default

    -dances silently through this thread-

    -showers love on all E6s-

  10. #60
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Here's a thing that might be relevant for the 6.

    From the Idiosyncratic style, Oldham's The New Personality Self-Portrait:

    "I wish." sighed Idiosyncratic Benjamin W., "that I'd been able to accept the Orthodox Judaism I was brought up in. My dad never had a doubt in his life. He never had to make up his mind. His father, the Talmud, and the rabbis told him what to believe, what to do, what not to do, what to think, what to eat, who to marry."
    [...]
    Benjamin [...] is constantly reinventing the universe in his search for reality and truth. He could no more accept an orthodox explanation of the Real World than his father could have lived in an ashram. But in part he envies his father [for] his lifetime consistency of faith and his ability to accept conventional interpretations of things without wondering whether they're true for him personally.
    I'm muddying the waters of the 6 a bit, this is how I experience the anxiety and doubt of the 6. I do wind up feeling as though life would be easier if there were a set of established guidelines for living as a way of making things actually make sense. This feeling might manifest in a 6 clinging to the first belief system they can find or rushing to find consensus before acting, but it's never manifested that way for me--still, even if I value my autonomy, that core feeling is there.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. Which type is the worst texter?
    By esidebill in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Which is the most aggressive type?
    By grendiecat in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 05:04 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
  5. What is the most paranoid type?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO