User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

As for myself, I've observed people who have tons of posts who still don't know jackshit about the types and still stereotype, and it really appears that they don't know jackshit about anything else either. Mind-boggling to behold.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As for myself, I've listened and listened to Sixes, and all I can conclude is that their intellectual insecurity is mind-boggling to behold.
    That's just fine; if you're pretty set on that assessment, then you've reached it through what you believe is a sound analysis and might not need to carry your analysis any further. Really, I mean no sarcasm there. There are probably some 'types' that encompass entire personas that some find bewildering and will never get along with.

It'd be wrong of me to not point out that a strong 6 might think of strong 5s bullheaded and closed-minded, though.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    That's just fine; if you're pretty set on that assessment, then you've reached it through what you believe is a sound analysis and might not need to carry your analysis any further. Really, I mean no sarcasm there. There are probably some 'types' that encompass entire personas that some find bewildering and will never get along with.

It'd be wrong of me to not point out that a strong 6 might think of strong 5s bullheaded and closed-minded, though.
    I think some types are sensitive and can be put off by directive types. They don't seem to like 8's either. It seems to be more of a case for some people of being overly-sensitive, and possibly more of a case of disliking an overall type or at least a directive type, rather than six. Sx-dom also comes to mind.
    Last edited by ICUP; 12-12-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENFP

Eh, being a 6 has its perks and its fault.

The worst being the anxiety. Working through it is difficult and it only gets better with age.

However, I am very adept at spotting problems and solving them. Systems of thought are comforting to me and I learn them fairly fast. I can tinker with and break down how a car works mentally, see the flow of the money system, or fix a computer.

I also love playing the devil's advocate in debates. It's remarkably easy destroying most arguments doing this.

I'm also highly self sufficent and can ferret out problems like it is no ones business.

Just have to be careful because fear is the worst type of vice that can be projected onto others. I struggle with this one. Sometimes I wish I was a different enneagram type because of the anxiety.

The difference being though that I get a lot of comfort accepting it for what it is.

I'd say I'm a phobic 6w7, but I've learned to embrace my counter phobic ways. I see through most BS and I like how my view of the world isn't myopic.

Permabanned

Don't 6's cling on to each other and form groups and such? plus they must be also good at forming relationships with one another as well and working as a team. I think these are some positive traits to 6's. The flipside to anxiety is it's survival mechanism when someone is anxious they are usually thinking about the next step before they get caught with something. 6's have alot of survivability being phobic and dependent only comes with the bad side of being a 6.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Don't 6's cling on to each other and form groups and such? plus they must be also good at forming relationships with one another as well and working as a team. I think these are some positive traits to 6's. The flipside to anxiety is it's survival mechanism when someone is anxious they are usually thinking about the next step before they get caught with something. 6's have alot of survivability being phobic and dependent only comes with the bad side of being a 6.
    First: This would only apply to type 6's with a social instinctual subtype. A self preserving 6 like myself doesn't really care about other people's feelings and how the group feels. It is actually a huge flaw of mine! With my strong 7 wing, I seek out people, but I am almost hilariously inept at realizing how group dynamics work.

Second: The virtue of 6's is courage, when we know our anxiety but don't fall apart because of it. We are always anxious, though sometimes we do not realize it because it is the backdrop to all of our feelings. It's bubbling under the surface, always. It is like an existential worry that we try to fill with "real" fears, something solvable, anything to avoid confronting that central anxiety. But that is what courage is; confronting it.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    First: This would only apply to type 6's with a social instinctual subtype. A self preserving 6 like myself doesn't really care about other people's feelings and how the group feels. It is actually a huge flaw of mine! With my strong 7 wing, I seek out people, but I am almost hilariously inept at realizing how group dynamics work.
    That doesn't sound very "6-like" my idea of a 6 are people who naturally cling on to each other to feel "safe" like a religious group, biker or street gang, musical band or any other kind of group. 6's want to seek people who are like them. A 6w7 is probably more outgoing and has more options as to who they want to "feel safe" with.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

That doesn't sound very "6-like" my idea of a 6 are people who naturally cling on to each other to feel "safe" like a religious group, biker or street gang, musical band or any other kind of group. 6's want to seek people who are like them. A 6w7 is probably more outgoing and has more options as to who they want to "feel safe" with.
    That is what some 6's do. Others cling to work, or to ideas, or concepts, or beliefs. It is all in an attempt to avoid confronting our inner, most frightening, most dreaded, yet omnipresent, anxiety.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    That is what some 6's do. Others cling to work, or to ideas, or concepts, or beliefs. It is all in an attempt to avoid confronting our inner, most frightening, most dreaded, yet omnipresent, anxiety.
    That sounds alot like a 7 to me, 7's are the ones who seek other ideas, hobbies, and people to avoid being alone and thus dealing with their thoughts or fears, maybe 6w7 would act this way more though I suppose.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

That sounds alot like a 7 to me, 7's are the ones who seek other ideas, hobbies, and people to avoid being alone and thus dealing with their thoughts or fears maybe 6w7 or 7w6 would act this way.
    After reading that, I did just realize that my idea of being a type 6 is heavily influenced by my strong 7 wing. All 6s have that anxiety, but perhaps the wing makes them deal with it differently.