• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] e6 is the worst enneagram type

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
This sounds a bit like the ISTJ bashing threads.

My wife's ex is a 6, probably counterphobic I don't know. What matters is his level of deterioration. We're talking levels 8 - 9. I had the pleasure of spending two weeks in the same household with him. It was utter madness. I don't know about lighting the curtains on fire but he would carry out a lot of crazy stunts. He was bipolar, of course, and untreated; and it was a predictable type. After a few days I could predict which mood he would be in at what hour of the day. Angry, crybaby, mellow, angry, crybaby, mellow... And he had one full-blown anxiety attack during my stay there.

Interesting, because STJ's are my least favorite mbti types as well. Maybe just my perceptions on how humans should treat and relate to each other are very different then the approaches 6's and STJs must find it more natural to take..

i've literally not been able to stand a single ESTJ i know that is my age. The only one (i think, i probably suck at typing) i get a long with is my 50+ year old aunt who i feel actually respects the differences between our personalities. Otherwise, i should probably just not surround myself with these people.

G

garbage

cool, now you're just going to type anyone who you don't like and who expresses any sort of anxiety as a six

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cool, now you're just going to type anyone who you don't like and who expresses any sort of anxiety as a six

Could be, but I looked in Personality Types to make this determination. I didn't just say to myself, "Another crazy angry jerk, must be one of those Sixes."

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be, but I looked in Personality Types to make this determination. I didn't just say to myself, "Another crazy angry jerk, must be one of those Sixes."

I don't see how you could know what type he is when he has bipolar disorder. What you are describing is someone who is bipolar, not 6.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah I'm not a type 6 and I still think this thread is a load of crap. We can make a thread about the unhealthy levels of every type.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've literally not been able to stand a single ESTJ i know that is my age. The only one (i think, i probably suck at typing) i get a long with is my 50+ year old aunt who i feel actually respects the differences between our personalities. Otherwise, i should probably just not surround myself with these people.
Don't worry, you'll have an easier time getting along with people who aren't like you when you get out of your teens.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1s try to project the image of being head center/rational/objective to themselves and others, but when you dig deeper, the route of it all is anger, anger at the world for not being as it should be.
7s have quick wit and a nervous, mentally quick energy to them.

That may be true :thinking:

I don't see alot of people wanting to be 6's. Maybe its the way the enneagram descriptions are written. I think its common to mistype as 4. People see 4s as unique and creative and want to be like that because it makes them feel special. 5s get the stereotype of being highly intelligent, 7s as happy and fun. I think people see those as desirable. On the surface 6s are perceived as being scaredy cats or mindless followers of authority. Who wants to be that?

Don't forget, 6's also are the courageous, loyal, and responsible types ;)

lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me, so they'll pick up what ammo they can find before blasting it away at me. i guess the disconnect is that this seems like a whole lot of work to go through for no apparent reason. like thanks, now we have to deal with this problem that you've just created because u needed to feel superior or in control or whatever. it's like they're just bored or insecure or something.. idk thats what i'm trying to figure out. but if this is really their approach to try and interact with me, they need to throw rocks in order to get some reaction, then obviously they aren't going to be interesting enough for me to really connect with anyways.

Supposedly their all wired up on anxiety all the time, so i guess they just have more energy to deal the way they do.

ehh sorry im kind of new on this board and don't mean come off as stuck up or on a high horse or anything :doh:
just trying to figure out these blasted 6s
Interesting, because STJ's are my least favorite mbti types as well. Maybe just my perceptions on how humans should treat and relate to each other are very different then the approaches 6's and STJs must find it more natural to take..

Perch420, is that you?

I would suggest that you read up more on 6's and STJ's, as well as observe members of that same type (like me! :D) and see for yourself that niether 6 nor STJ are inherently bad.

G

garbage

I mean the OP. It's written all over the OP.

I thought I was a six once. Turned out I was just bipolar. That was kind of a silly mistake to make!

oneirocriticism

Permabanned
MBTI Type
heha
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
Perch420, is that you?

I would suggest that you read up more on 6's and STJ's, as well as observe members of that same type (like me! :D) and see for yourself that niether 6 nor STJ are inherently bad.

Heh I dunno I was banned from this forum once from a 6 being overreactive and ambiguous at the time :boohoo:
But you'll probably never see me in vent or anything. I just like the idea tossing that goes around here so i've been lurking around for awhile out of boredom and decided to start posting

I was thinking and I never assume anyone is inherently bad because of their proposed type, but just as general trends which types i think it is that really erk my boat. Like, in real life I don't generally go out of my way to figure out someone's type, just when i see something that's almost a red flag marker for a type. Like I don't usually get along with ESTJs my age because my INFness really conflicts with their Te-style dick-waving. I notice what seems to be what every NF male typically dreads played out right in front of my eyes. I don't know it's just not my thing. But the ironic thing is that my dad is an ISTJ and he is just so stuck in his own little viewpoint on how the world should be and so we don't get along because i often can't decide on a viewpoint to settle on lol, but I have an ISTJ who i grew up with who was one of my childhood best friends, so I really don't mean their all bad at all when i talk about my type preferences in general.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heh I dunno I was banned from this forum once from a 6 being overreactive and ambiguous at the time :boohoo:

My bad, just me being a parinoid 6 after all :D

But you'll probably never see me in vent or anything. I just like the idea tossing that goes around here so i've been lurking around for awhile out of boredom and decided to start posting

I was thinking and I never assume anyone is inherently bad because of their proposed type, but just as general trends which types i think it is that really erk my boat. Like, in real life I don't generally go out of my way to figure out someone's type, just when i see something that's almost a red flag marker for a type. Like I don't usually get along with ESTJs my age because my INFness really conflicts with their Te-style dick-waving. I notice what seems to be what every NF male typically dreads played out right in front of my eyes. I don't know it's just not my thing. But the ironic thing is that my dad is an ISTJ and he is just so stuck in his own little viewpoint on how the world should be and so we don't get along because i often can't decide on a viewpoint to settle on lol, but I have an ISTJ who i grew up with who was one of my childhood best friends, so I really don't mean their all bad at all when i talk about my type preferences in general.

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean. I mean, it's natural to not get along certain types because of your own type, as long as your not stereotyping certain types all the time.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me, so they'll pick up what ammo they can find before blasting it away at me. i guess the disconnect is that this seems like a whole lot of work to go through for no apparent reason. like thanks, now we have to deal with this problem that you've just created because u needed to feel superior or in control or whatever. it's like they're just bored or insecure or something.. idk thats what i'm trying to figure out. but if this is really their approach to try and interact with me, they need to throw rocks in order to get some reaction, then obviously they aren't going to be interesting enough for me to really connect with anyways.

Supposedly their all wired up on anxiety all the time, so i guess they just have more energy to deal the way they do.

ehh sorry im kind of new on this board and don't mean come off as stuck up or on a high horse or anything :doh:

if a 6 is trying to get a reaction out of you, it's probably because you're actively making them feel unsafe and uneasy, and they are trying to figure you out so they can understand where they stand with you.

we don't create problems so much as we see potential tensions in places before others do. sometimes this means we exacerbate tensions to the point of having to be addressed, which is what others call "creating problems". other times we're the ones gathering people together to stand up to injustice before injustice morphs into tyranny. defensiveness can be used for good or evil, just like every other trait described on the enneagram.

anyway, i'm glad you decided not to just rant, but "e6 is the worst enneagram type" isn't really the most educated title for a thread. honestly, you're lucky to have gotten some coherent and patient responses. in the vein of problems being created, it always takes 2 people to create a communication problem. if you are having trouble with 6s, there's probably something you're also doing to them to make them act the way they're acting. the rather easy thing about 6s is that we're a reactionary type: we don't initiate; we respond to you. figure out what it is that you're doing to make us uncomfortable, and the issue will immediately disappear.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew this thread was bogus.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me,

This is a type 6 tactic known as "poking the lion in its cage." Of course the object is to get a reaction, and then watch as you seethe in helpless anger or something equally negative. That way his type 6 buddies can all laugh together about your anguish. It gives them a feeling of family and togetherness.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And he has been banned. How, unsurprising.

G

garbage

lol sorry, i don't mean to be so harsh on 6s. but i've been giving it some thought, what the 6s are probably trying to do is get a reaction out of the dull me, so they'll pick up what ammo they can find before blasting it away at me.

If you were really trying to figure sixes out, you'd listen rather than continually asserting your own opinions of them.

And now you're banned, but, hey, this message applies to pretty much everyone who lambasts a type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you were really trying to figure sixes out, you'd listen rather than continually asserting your own opinions of them.

And now you're banned, but, hey, this message applies to pretty much everyone who lambasts a type.

He was banned for being the dupe of a banned account.

G

garbage

He was banned for being the dupe of a banned account.

Oh yeah, I realize that. I mean that there's no point in me trying to discuss with a banned dude, but I said it anyway because I think the general sentiment is true.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, I realize that. I mean that there's no point in me trying to discuss with a banned dude, but I said it anyway because I think the general sentiment is true.

As for myself, I've listened and listened to Sixes, and all I can conclude is that their intellectual insecurity is mind-boggling to behold.