Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I don't think you are near identical either, you are very differents. I still associate you with 6w7 Sp/So (like Millhouse) and Elfboy with 7w8 Sp/Sx (like Gambit).
    I lean 7w6 for him personally. he seems more hakuna matata/non conscientious than a core 6. Sp/Sx or Sp/So I'm less sure of (I see elements of both)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

lol. no.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I will say that I've got some trouble differentiating between Enneagram 6 and Ni to some degree. At least, they seem to have some behavioral manifestations in common, such as 'wanting to know what's "really" going on,' continually asking the next question, and so on. Though I'm slapping the Ne label on myself at present, those tendencies are why I (and some others) have typed myself as Ni-dominant at times and why I still continue to identify with Ni to a great degree.

At least, I'll say that I identified pretty much completely with what @highlander wrote. For reference, I'm a near-definite 6.

Nothing much to say on the subject at present--I'll think about it and post some thoughts if I gather any--but I'm interested to see how Ni/e6 can be reconciled or separated as well
    Being a CP E6, I'll say I don't identify with your description of finding out "what's really going on". That may be more Ni in INFJ.

As an E6, once I sense I have enough information collected, I'm pretty confident that I already know what's really going on. Whether others follow that belief is irrelevant. (hello, CP) Most of the time, they aren't clued into what I'm noticing. It's not a fact finding mission or a down the rabbit hole approach. There's these constant but subconscious pin-drops in your mind about surroundings, people, objects. You're really clued in to nuances. It's a hyper-vigilence to danger that gives you a bigger picture and it's an automatic thing. Think 24/7 sonar and getting "pings" when something doesn't look, feel or act right.

For instance, a real life scenario. Friends and I are at a bar. We are talking. The crowd is normal. I tell my friends that a fight is about to break out. They look around and not seeing or hearing anything abnormal, continue with our conversation. About a minute or two later a fight breaks out. I get a "how did you know that?" kind of response. They didn't notice the tension in one guy's shoulders or how closely he was talking to the other guy, etc, etc.

I'm sure E6 ISTP looks different than E6 INFJ. We both have Ni but I'm not sure that's Ni at work. E6's guiding force is an escape from fear derived by anxiety. Ni doesn't have roots in that.

I think Ni is that AHA! moment of brilliance that comes to you and you just know. Personally, I think I've had Ni moments when I'm fixing or trying to figure something out I haven't seen before and I'm reaching toward a fix because it "feels right" rather than "what seems to be correct". Like, my brain on auto-pilot.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    lol. no.

Lol, it's this type of reactive behavior that bothers me most about myself. If you're not afraid, why are you making a freakin song about it? The superego is a giant twat.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Lol, it's this type of reactive behavior that bothers me most about myself. If you're not afraid, why are you making a freakin song about it? The superego is a giant twat.
    I see…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I would also agree that it is the worst type. I'm pretty sure they all die an early age due to cortisol overdose. Also, despite what I've read, they seem to make horrible advisers.

E6: YOU NEED A SIGN FOR YOUR BUSINESS
    me: *buys banners and posts them*
    E6: THOSE WEREN'T APPROVED! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO!?
    me: *takes banners down and asks for approval*
    E6: I CALLED THE LANDLORD AND THEY'RE NOT RESPONDING, WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!
    me: *puts banners back up*
    E6: BUT...!
    me: *starts business*
    E6: BUT YOU DON'T HAVE A BUSINESS LICENSE YET!
    me: *starts talking to city counsel*
    E6: DON'T TELL THEM YOU'RE DOING BUILDOUT, THEY'RE GONNA SHUT DOWN YOUR BUSINESS!
    me: *Doesn't tell them. Gets interrogated by building inspector.*
    E6: OMG WHEN HE COMES DON'T LET HIM IN THAT SIDE OF THE BUILDING, JUST SAY IT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!
    me: *does as told. Gets interrogated and business license suspended.*
    E6: OMG WHAT ARE WE GOONNNA DO?!
    me: *deletes E6 broker's number from phone, tells the truth to city counsel, gets business license, calls landlord himself gets permission for banners, and begins operating a successful business.*

Also, when I walked into the city counsel building, it was filled with 6's. The way they treated me made it seem like I walked into a nightmarish limbo. Everyone had these looks of existential terror in their eyes and spoke to me as if my world was going to collapse in on itself. I got the hell out of there quick.

Also, my design director is an E6, and can't for the life of him make up his mind. He wanted to run the gym himself, and when we first met he made it a point to tell me and I quote, "I'm a badass and I've been in a lot of fights." I also notice he tends to find strawman targets to be assertive toward, like, he'll constantly say stuff like, "DON'T FUCK WITH THE IRS." The gym didn't happen, so now I'm in charge. He comes to me with all these problems, he doesn't trust banks (lol) and then makes fun of me whenever I make a mistake. Now that I have the gym, he calls me sir, kisses my ass 24/7, and a buncha other shit. I really don't like it. This can't be human behavior.

On top of all this, from what I understand, starting a relationship with them is damn near impossible unless you want flakey hot and cold and spontaneous harassment.

Stansmith

Yeah, it's embarassing and depressing. I'd take a 4's fuschia colored internal world of opera ballads over being a paranoid sweaty accountant in an oversized greyish-brown suit.

I feel like a raisin in a jar full of tropical skittles. Anytime I feel special I see a crowd full of little awkward 6w7s reminding me of my place in the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by oneirocriticism View Post
    to be honest this was originally going to be a rant thread, but i figured the moderators wouldn't very much appreciate that and i could use some enlightenment. So basically i've run across a few male 6s in my life who were counterphobic beyond belief and i can't figure out for the life of me how someone who is supposedly centered in the thinking triad would think this would be a logical approach to life. I mean really if you watch these guys its like they'll light a lighter underneath the curtain to see if the house catches on fire. but they supposedly want this house to be their eternal safe haven? whaaat??? can someone please explain.
    Counter-phobic 6's act counter-phobicly because they would rather fight the fear than to run from it. 6's tend to have a fight or flight reaction to fear, and some are somewhere in between. Counter-phobic 6's just tend to exclusively fight the fear.

Stansmith

he doesn't trust banks (lol) and then makes fun of me whenever I make a mistake
    He's trying to make conversation and hoping that you'll play along, laugh with him and become best friends. We assume that if we just say something you'll carry the conversation for us and make us feel at ease and approved of.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Yeah, it's embarassing and depressing. I'd take a 4's fuschia colored internal world of opera ballads over being a paranoid sweaty accountant in an oversized greyish-brown suit.

I feel like a raisin in a jar full of tropical skittles. Anytime I feel special I see a crowd full of little awkward 6w7s reminding me of my place in the world.
    haha... dude. "I think therefore I am." You just need to feel earth's chi flowing into your empty soul. Let it fill you up and propel you to your destination. Don't just tell yourself you can do something, KNOW it. It takes practice. Sitting around hoping it happens is going to make you miserable. Everytime you do something that makes you uncomfortable, you're growing. Its the reason why navy seals say, "when you finish buds, you feel like you can actually accomplish anything." The thing about being an 8 is that you already know you can do everything it just hasn't happened yet. But as a 6, you're just going to have to push your limits until you learn what those are.