User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 135

  1. #101
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    (unless you're out hunting and hit a person? lol)
    Yeah, I don't know, this is pretty badass. And being badass is cool. Therefore, logically, we can conclude that --

  2. #102
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I’ll take myself as an example. I have ideas – often strong ones – that I believe are correct. However, the challenge at times is when it comes down to acting. I can be afraid to act entirely on my own perceptions because I may be wrong. What I consciously or unconsciously do is to surround myself with others that I can bounce things off of. I’m not looking just for yes people people who will agree with me. If anything that makes me less confident because of the lack of critical thinking that’s applied. I’m looking for people who have an opinion or will challenge my thinking. It doesn’t mean I’m going to do what they say. I do however use this process to help validate my perceptions and thinking. Sometimes of course, I just decide and don’t listen much to anyone (maybe that’s the INTJishness). Sometimes that works out brilliantly and other times it’s a disaster. Getting the right balance between these two things is what’s tricky because you need to have confidence in your own perceptions and thought process but not so much that you are blind and arrogant. The other thing is that while involving others in decisions and gaining consensus can be important to get things implemented, you don't want to be paralyzed from acting for fear of losing your support.
    Kind of a side tangent, but I’m going to go ahead and wonder aloud how much of this is more NiTe than it is e6, because it sounds *a lot* like what many INFJs say they do about conflict with other people (so with us- it’s more centered around the interpersonal, but it bears a resemblance to that process which INFJs go through regardless of being e6 or not). We (INFJs) need to surround ourselves with people we can bounce our experience off of to find out if we’re being reasonable- and not just anyone, it has to be an ‘other’ who has previously demonstrated sound judgment in such matters (Ni is touchy- it rejects everything questionable). It seems like more of a priority to us than most people, to make sure our judgment is reasonable before acting on anything. I’ve been wondering if it’s on account of being attached to the external environment through extraverted judging. When someone is Pi dominant (and least Pe), I think ‘reality checks’ from other people become more important (if only slightly) to feel secure that our perception reflects shared reality.

    I imagine being e6 makes you more aware than most INTJs that you’re doing this (needing to bounce things off others to test their staying power), because you’ve put thought into who to consider an ‘authority’ on something and why? Or possibly the process is exacerbated by e6ness. Maybe @uumlau has a helpful opinion about this (because I think he has an amazing understanding of Ni, and seems to sneeze fantastic explanations for how it works).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  3. #103
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Kind of a side tangent, but I’m going to go ahead and wonder aloud how much of this is more NiTe than it is e6, because it sounds *a lot* like what many INFJs say they do about conflict with other people (so with us- it’s more centered around the interpersonal, but it bears a resemblance to that process which INFJs go through regardless of being e6 or not).
    That's not necessarily true (that it is Ni/Te, rather than E-6). I do the same type of thing! E-6's often try to gather as much information as possible to get a sound judgment because we are always unsure, but we also try to figure out which sources are the most reliable and which judgments are the soundest, making us contradictory like that.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #104
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Kind of a side tangent,[...]
    I will say that I've got some trouble differentiating between Enneagram 6 and Ni to some degree. At least, they seem to have some behavioral manifestations in common, such as 'wanting to know what's "really" going on,' continually asking the next question, and so on. Though I'm slapping the Ne label on myself at present, those tendencies are why I (and some others) have typed myself as Ni-dominant at times and why I still continue to identify with Ni to a great degree.

    At least, I'll say that I identified pretty much completely with what @highlander wrote. For reference, I'm a near-definite 6.

    Nothing much to say on the subject at present--I'll think about it and post some thoughts if I gather any--but I'm interested to see how Ni/e6 can be reconciled or separated as well

  5. #105
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Kind of a side tangent, but I’m going to go ahead and wonder aloud how much of this is more NiTe than it is e6,
    Really? I was wondering if it isn't just a person thing. Isn't everyone like that to some degree?

    Did you mean a Ni-dom thing? INFJs aren't NiTe?
    -end of thread-

  6. #106
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I will say that I've got some trouble differentiating between Enneagram 6 and Ni to some degree. At least, they seem to have some behavioral manifestations in common, such as 'wanting to know what's "really" going on,' continually asking the next question, and so on. Though I'm slapping the Ne label on myself at present, those tendencies are why I (and some others) have typed myself as Ni-dominant at times and why I still continue to identify with Ni to a great degree.
    Yeah, this was actually occurring to me after I posted, that I seem to remember reading the opinion that e6 actually is like Ni. (edit: There was a thread at some point, where the poster proposed a list of how enneagram types can make people seem [certain cognitive function]-ish, like the way e5s seem Ti-ish.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Really? I was wondering if it isn't just a person thing. Isn't everyone like that to some degree?
    Sure. But every point on the enneagram is a 'person thing' which everyone has to some degree. Are you trying to argue that you don't think it's Ni-ish, that it isn't e6-ish or that it's somehow pointless to say one 'type' exhibits this behavior more than others? (I don't understand the point behind this comment, I guess.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Did you mean a Ni-dom thing? INFJs aren't NiTe?
    I said NiTe instead of Ni dom because what he wrote, specifically, seemed like a NiTe version of what INFJs have repeatedly claimed in the past. I thought I explained this in my post, but maybe it wasn't clear.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  7. #107
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Sure. But every point on the enneagram is a 'person thing' which everyone has to some degree. Are you trying to argue that you don't think it's Ni-ish, that it isn't e6-ish or that it's somehow pointless to say one 'type' exhibits this behavior more than others? (I don't understand the point behind this comment, I guess.)
    Well, I don't know that much about enneagram in general. Literally everyone I know does that kind of thing though, whether they're Ni-users or not. If there's any trend at all, it'd be for extroverted people to do it more (for obvious reasons), but even introverts do it constantly, just with a more select group of friends. Maybe I'm over-generalizing though, the quote is rather vague and maybe you're focusing on something in particular.
    -end of thread-

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Actually, you are not a 6w5 Sp/So, and not a 7w6 Sp/So and not A 6w7 Sp/Sx or a 6w7 So/Sp either as you put it in you signature. You are at the middle of all this: a 6w7 Sp/So. It' time for you to stop staying moving around and have some guts to assertively recognize your real type, the truth will liberate yourself.
    XD lol I love how you say I'm 6w7 sp/so so seriously

  9. #109
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    XD lol I love how you say I'm 6w7 sp/so so seriously
    Wait a minute, I thought you were changing your instinctual variant to Sp/Sx.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought you were changing your instinctual variant to Sp/Sx.
    In fact, I was about to do that just right now

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. Which type is the worst texter?
    By esidebill in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Which is the most aggressive type?
    By grendiecat in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 05:04 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
  5. What is the most paranoid type?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO