User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Emotional 5s

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    If you take glutony of 7s and turn it back, you will have 5s avaricity ( avaricia is in spanish but i dont know if im right)
    It's like seeing the world as too big, too strong, too intimidating, and they consider so small. The difference between 6s is that they naturaly choose to recluse, they dont actually try to conect with the world ( with Sp last and Sx first this may be less visible, but they really feel it) it's an existensial fear to keep the little energy that they think to have to themselves.
    This is true even for a Sx/So 5. Doesn't merely have to do wwith insctint is more than that.
    This is interesting. I had always considered 5's avarice and 5's emptiness as two separate things. I see "avarice" rather as a consequence of the obsession with ratonality and logic: "I don't want to spend money on that, because it's unneccessary" "I don't want to waste words because I've said everything I needed to say", etc...While other people don't mind wasting resources for the fun of it, 5's will do it only if there's a logical reason for doing it. At least that's how I see it.

Emptiness for me means rather the disconnection from the inner-self. You keep your head busy with dry theoretical problems and forget about yourself.
    In this way, 2's, 3's, 5's and 7's, all of them can become empty if they're not careful, because of different reasons.
    you will hear one ugly voice and see one ugly spirit
    is made of ugly old prerecordings the more you run the tapes through and cut them up the less power they will have
    cut the prerecordings into air into thin air (The Ticket that Exploded- William Burroughs)

Permabanned

Hi people

I want to know how 5s deal with emotions, i want some personal experience of the 5s here... I used to think that i was a Sx4, but now i know that i am a Sx 5...

In my experience it was difficult, i dealed and showed my emotions through my thoughts and my mind. It's like a blind game with my feelings, i dont know what they mean, but i still get near to my emotions and touch/analyze them.
    I dont want to sound elitist or wanabe unique, but im , like a counter 5 (reactive, emotional, temperamental, more artistic, still want engagment) at least the general description of the E5 dont describe me too much.
    And im not as absent minded, ethereal or rational than some 5s that i knew in real life. But i see the external world as too... i dont know, dangerous isn't the word, is a more agoraphobic feeling.
    I dont want to get involved with the world, but at the same time i cant stand long periods of lack of emotions or engagment... As a Sx first this statement makes a lot of sense.
    I know that i am a 5, it was much more difficult to admit//make sure of this, and the basic fear of the 5s made me crash/crack myself a bit... and took me quiet a long time to admit it to myself.

I want some 5s here talking a little bit more about emotions, the fear of emptiness and some things like that.

Chao
    We all just masturbate by ourselves. The end.

MBTI
    IxFP

Quote Originally Posted by taylor17387 View Post
    This is interesting. I had always considered 5's avarice and 5's emptiness as two separate things. I see "avarice" rather as a consequence of the obsession with ratonality and logic: "I don't want to spend money on that, because it's unneccessary" "I don't want to waste words because I've said everything I needed to say", etc...While other people don't mind wasting resources for the fun of it, 5's will do it only if there's a logical reason for doing it. At least that's how I see it.

Emptiness for me means rather the disconnection from the inner-self. You keep your head busy with dry theoretical problems and forget about yourself.
    In this way, 2's, 3's, 5's and 7's, all of them can become empty if they're not careful, because of different reasons.
    Once i read that the "holy idea" of 5s was "the return to the maternal uterus". i obviously if you take it literaly this have no sense, but ilustrates perfectly what i tried to say
    I see avarice as the cause of rationalization btw.

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Once i read that the "holy idea" of 5s was "the return to the maternal uterus".
    It is the journey, not the destination that I find most arousing.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

garbage

Hi, I'm posting under the assumption that I'm a 5. Whatever; I'll roll with it.

Descriptions of 5 also talk about how sensitive they really can be; some assert that the wall they place between themselves and the outside world is a defense mechanism because, otherwise, the dam is broken and the 5 can't handle the influx because of their sensitivity.

I've dealt with emotions simply by embracing that 'illogical' side. One way I do so is to realize that emotions are signals--they're just more information. If I don't factor them in, then I don't have the whole picture or a complete understanding of the world and of my own cognition.

That's one rational way I deal with them. I have tons of irrational ones, such as embracing joy that comes from a sense of purpose and understanding, for instance.

I'll probably never be one to "fly off the handle," though; I don't believe in subjecting others to intense negativity, especially directed at them.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Gotta keep in mind that Thinking/Feeling in MBTI terms is about morals and judgements rather than emotions.
    Sorry, but no. In Jungian terms emotions are left out of the equation. This theory was written by an unemotional INTJ.

What you are seeing these days is the Jungianizing of the original MBTI that was created by an INFP.

Here are the General Characteristics of the Feeler found in an MBTI book called LifeTypes (1989).

"I am more likely to act like a Feeler and:

Have harmony as my objective.
    Decide more on my heart.
    Prefer to agree with others' findings, believing people are worth listening to.
    See my encounters with people as friendly and important in themselves.
    Notice when people need support.
    Choose tactfulness over truthfulness.
    Overlook people's negative points, stressing areas of agreement.
    Focus my attention on personal motives.
    Deal with people compassionately, as needed.
    Expect the world to recognize individual differences."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Hi, I'm posting under the assumption that I'm a 5. Whatever; I'll roll with it.

Descriptions of 5 also talk about how sensitive they really can be; some assert that the wall they place between themselves and the outside world is a defense mechanism because, otherwise, the dam is broken and the 5 can't handle the influx because of their sensitivity.

I've dealt with emotions simply by embracing that 'illogical' side. One way I do so is to realize that emotions are signals--they're just more information. If I don't factor them in, then I don't have the whole picture or a complete understanding of the world and of my own cognition.

That's one rational way I deal with them. I have tons of irrational ones, such as embracing joy that comes from a sense of purpose and understanding, for instance.

I'll probably never be one to "fly off the handle," though; I don't believe in subjecting others to intense negativity, especially directed at them.
    Fives are so thin-skinned that they are forced by reality into burying their vulnerable emotional side.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Fives are so thin-skinned that they are forced by reality into burying their vulnerable emotional side.
    What is this drivel.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    What is this drivel.
    Probably you drooling on yourself again.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Let's keep it that way. End of discussion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Probably you drooling on yourself again.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Let's keep it that way. End of discussion.
    Well, I guess some Fives really do have thin-skin. You are entitled to your opinion but when your opinion is a blanket generalization it loses all meaning and value.
    Your signature is hilarious by the way (I should have read it before responding. Would have saved some time).