123 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default e5 so types and brainstorming instinctual subtype possibilities

any e5 so instinctual subtypes?

so far, on my list i think sx types can be 1-9, i've also seen so types at all but e5, and then sp types i've seen all but 3, 7, and 8, which makes sense given the fact that the hornevian triad claims that these are assertive, aggressive types, and an extrovert self-preservational focused on the retreat and safety of home doesn't really make a whole lot of practical sense.

enneagraminstitute argues that sx grows up with a single primary caregiver attachment whereas an so types grows up with multiple caregiver attachments.

i also wonder if 3, 7, and 8 sx/sp makes sense. and i also wonder if the secondary instinct is attributed to such a young age like the primary, predominant instinct, or if the second instinct is rooted in other contexts at a later age like puberty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I know many 5 so. They tend to be those nerds that talk a lot about the subject they know at great lengths, even though no one is interested in it. The worst one I know is a 5w4 so/sp who doesn't have any social graces and doesn't know when to stop talking and to pick up on subtle (or sometimes, not so subtle) cues that people don't care about what he has to say.

Also, sp in 3's and 8's are quite common, but sp 7's seem to be rare. A perfect example of a 7w6 sp/sx would be Auntie Mame from the movie with the same name. She's drawn to lots of interesting people and situations, but more than that, she loves to entertain her friends and loves to surround herself with materialistic things.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

After an extraordinary amount of consideration...I would have to say that I am a 7w6 sp/sx.

In spite of 'extrovertedness' and 'seveness'...'assertiveness' is not something I have ever really had a handle on. I can become a little aggressive from time-to-time...maybe have an angry outburst when I have been pushed too far...but in reality...I couldn't really claim to be someone that is either assertive or aggressive.

I can't say I was attached to one parent over the other either. I grew up in a big family (a good family but I would say it was/is dysfunctional as well)...and it was really the family that was the 'unit'. It was very much like being attached to a 'powerful unit' made up of strong individual characters.

EDIT: I just realized that I needed to come back and edit this for clarification in order to 'set myself apart' for the enneagraminstitutes so definition. With regards to my large family...there was NOT the sense that I was interacting with 'multiple caregivers'. To the contrary. I definitely felt that I needed to 'fend for myself'.

The Social Network is a very stereotypical portrait of a social Five. Of course, it's just a stereotype.
    Hello

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

so far, on my list i think sx types can be 1-9, i've also seen so types at all but e5, and then sp types i've seen all but 3, 7, and 8, which makes sense given the fact that the hornevian triad claims that these are assertive, aggressive types, and an extrovert self-preservational focused on the retreat and safety of home doesn't really make a whole lot of practical sense.

enneagraminstitute argues that sx grows up with a single primary caregiver attachment whereas an so types grows up with multiple caregiver attachments.

i also wonder if 3, 7, and 8 sx/sp makes sense. and i also wonder if the secondary instinct is attributed to such a young age like the primary, predominant instinct, or if the second instinct is rooted in other contexts at a later age like puberty.
    my dad is a social 5w6... talk about weirdness. he doesn't get social cues AT ALL and will just randomly talk about things. Tonight at dinner he told a story where the main point was that his ENTJ dad used to put on headphones to watch TV in peace and quiet when my dad and his brother were young. However, on the way to that story he decided to stop by in "Let's lead up to this by extrapolating upon the chain of events leading up to this via the cleverly circuitous route of "The year was 1955".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm a 5 so/sp. Don't know what to really say about it though.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Easy way to meet so e54s is at your periodic neighborhood record show.

thinking of you

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

There's people of the three subtypes in each enneatype.

Dr Gregory House and Albert Einstein are the Social 5s prototypes. Also Stephen Hawking and Tim Burton. Or Stanley Kubrick, Isaac Asimov, Beast from X-men, Calvin from Calvin&Hobbes, or Jeff Goldblum, or the Riddler.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I might be a social five. I'm deciding between so/sp and sp/so. I relate to both.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I might be a social five. I'm deciding between so/sp and sp/so. I relate to both.
    I think you are So/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan