• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Am I a type 7 worried about disintegration point or counterphobic/counterdepressive?

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I've read these things in the thread "Tackling 5s fixation" http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/51467-tackling-5s-fixation.html about how to handle the fixation and I could really relate to most of what they wrote but it's really not something I think I need to tell myself more. That I don't need control and that I don't need to be more careful than I am naturally and so on. This made me thinking though, last time I took enneagram I got sx/so even though I expected sp to be first or second and definately not last. I'm not complaining though, Sx/So or maybe So/Sx sounds exactly the way I've always wanted to be so why not. The thing is though, about 5 years ago I had a deathwish and saw a shrink for social phobia. Now this could all be a part of some hereditary bipolar but either way I feel my scores in all the different tests give me the profile as someone very extrovert and comfortable with social situations when I guess it should at least in some way give an inkling about the fact that I have been having big problems with the social setting and still have my fair share of them. So I could go on to explain but with just this info, do I sound like a unhealthy seven or counterphobic/counterdepressive something else (5w4/6 4w3 or 6w7)? What do you think?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think any enneatype could be uncomfortable socially... it's just about your motivations. if you seek out novelty, distraction, and escape to avoid pain and deprivation, then you're a classic 7, regardless of how you feel about crowds. the major difference between 7 and 5 is that the more pain they encounter, the more 7 will dive into new things and the more 5 will draw away from everything.

and then your instinct variant is about the realm you focus on most - are you most concerned with your 1-to-1 interactions (sx), your part in the scheme of things (so), or your personal wellbeing (sp)?

i think all mind types (5, 6, 7) will relate somewhat to the 5 fixation thread, too. i know i am a huge information-gatherer. analysis paralysis!

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. It seems I kinda misunderstood the system. Interesting. I think I should really be Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx but still type 7 then.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. It seems I kinda misunderstood the system. Interesting. I think I should really be Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx but still type 7 then.

I'm a 7w8 Sp/Sx and we don't fit the stereotype of 7 very much. knowing your instinct variant and MBTI can help explain things about the description of your main type that seem to not fit you at all
ex: "I'm a 5, but I'm So/Sx so I'm a lot more sociable and gregarious than other 5s."