User Tag List

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Default Am I a type 7 worried about disintegration point or counterphobic/counterdepressive?

So I've read these things in the thread "Tackling 5s fixation" http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-fixation.html about how to handle the fixation and I could really relate to most of what they wrote but it's really not something I think I need to tell myself more. That I don't need control and that I don't need to be more careful than I am naturally and so on. This made me thinking though, last time I took enneagram I got sx/so even though I expected sp to be first or second and definately not last. I'm not complaining though, Sx/So or maybe So/Sx sounds exactly the way I've always wanted to be so why not. The thing is though, about 5 years ago I had a deathwish and saw a shrink for social phobia. Now this could all be a part of some hereditary bipolar but either way I feel my scores in all the different tests give me the profile as someone very extrovert and comfortable with social situations when I guess it should at least in some way give an inkling about the fact that I have been having big problems with the social setting and still have my fair share of them. So I could go on to explain but with just this info, do I sound like a unhealthy seven or counterphobic/counterdepressive something else (5w4/6 4w3 or 6w7)? What do you think?
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think any enneatype could be uncomfortable socially... it's just about your motivations. if you seek out novelty, distraction, and escape to avoid pain and deprivation, then you're a classic 7, regardless of how you feel about crowds. the major difference between 7 and 5 is that the more pain they encounter, the more 7 will dive into new things and the more 5 will draw away from everything.

and then your instinct variant is about the realm you focus on most - are you most concerned with your 1-to-1 interactions (sx), your part in the scheme of things (so), or your personal wellbeing (sp)?

i think all mind types (5, 6, 7) will relate somewhat to the 5 fixation thread, too. i know i am a huge information-gatherer. analysis paralysis!

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

I see. It seems I kinda misunderstood the system. Interesting. I think I should really be Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx but still type 7 then.
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Chaos View Post
    I see. It seems I kinda misunderstood the system. Interesting. I think I should really be Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx but still type 7 then.
    I'm a 7w8 Sp/Sx and we don't fit the stereotype of 7 very much. knowing your instinct variant and MBTI can help explain things about the description of your main type that seem to not fit you at all
    ex: "I'm a 5, but I'm So/Sx so I'm a lot more sociable and gregarious than other 5s."
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire