when you look at them a little deeper, that have a lot in common with each other
8s and FPs both
- a strong, visceral response to injustice
- insist on being independent
- become extremely pissed if you try to control them
- are wild and free spirited and disdain rules and being expected to be "appropriate"
- strong disliking for social expectation
- solid and resilient (FPs to social conditioning and moral adversity; 8s to everything)
- both tend to have protective personalities (though the 8 is likely to be a little more so right off the bat while most FPs tend to wait a little longer to step in)
- value truth over tact (FPs often value tact and saying things in a nice way when possible, but not at the expense of truth)
- both have beliefs and/or preferences that they will not compromise on under any circumstances
- both insist on doing things "their way"
I don't see how being an FP 8 seems to contradictory to some people. their motivations are extremely similar