User Tag List

First 12345 Last

No, the innate Fi-desire is not to be left alone. Isolation is little more than a means to an end for Fi-doms, typically cherished not for its own sake but for the help it provides in reconciling emotional consistency and clarity with a sense of self. That's kind of why Fi doms aren't recluses 24-7.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no that way definitely not my question. they do not look the same. my question was really "do they share similar internal desires and motivations?"
    My very first comment answered that.

Where do Fi values come from? Who knows? But they're instinctive, based on personal proclivity.
    Same thing as the "gut instinct" that Eight operates from.

But for me, that's like saying grapes and apples are very similar because they both have stems, which to me is silly -- pears and apples have far more in common.

I think the interaction of auxilary Fi and tertiary Te in EFPs also acts in a more 8-ish way than dominant Fi.
    Hmm... the tert Te might be the main factor there. Fi-dom has a wide spread between internal valueset and Te "hard-edged" expression, Fi-doms usually only express Te early when it "escapes from them" rather than using it as a more natural tool.

the opposite. MBTI is how you do things (via your cognitive functions). thus it is somewhat observable if you can spot "that was Ne" "that was Fi"; Enneagram is why you do things. there are observable similarities between many people of the same type, but there are people who show little to no external signs of their type.
    Sorry my opinion wasn't helpful to you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The last thing I want is to be left alone. I like people around me while I do my own thing. That is bliss.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah. Live and let live. Unless, you know...
    From the descriptions it sounds like eight like to control their environment. I don't like the descriptions because I think they focus in behaviour too much. But, if eight is about control then I don't think Fi and eight mesh that well. Strength I can agree on.
    wanting to control their environment is a bi product of wanting control over their lives. an 8 views life as a harsh dangerous place where you fight or you get beat to a pulp. they want to control their environment when they feel it encroaches upon them, but not for its own sake.
    also, you were right initially, enneagram is about motivations and predisposed world view, not behavior.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    also, you were right initially, enneagram is about motivations and predisposed world view, not behavior.
    If something is about motivations it would be invisible or at least could be. Wanting control over your life is about strength. Wanting control over others is about control. They are different to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My very first comment answered that.

Where do Fi values come from? Who knows? But they're instinctive, based on personal proclivity.
    Same thing as the "gut instinct" that Eight operates from.
    I think this is a significant similarity personally

Hmm... the tert Te might be the main factor there. Fi-dom has a wide spread between internal valueset and Te "hard-edged" expression, Fi-doms usually only express Te early when it "escapes from them" rather than using it as a more natural tool.
    I think so too. Fi/Te = Te external implementation + Fi gut energy and passion = similar to 8

Sorry my opinion wasn't helpful to you.
    I'm sorry too, looking back at my post, the wording came off much harsher than what I was trying to communicate.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If something is about motivations it would be invisible or at least could be. Wanting control over your life is about strength. Wanting control over others is about control. They are different to me.
    wanting control over others for an 8 is a tactic (and thus sometimes incorrectly perceived by the 8 as the same thing), not a desire in and of itself. as an ISFP 9, this is probably completely different from how you would handle a situation in which you felt you your freedom was threatened.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

8s and FPs both
    - a strong, visceral response to injustice sometimes
    - insist on being independent sometimes
    - become extremely pissed if you try to control them no, though I usually get annoyed/irritated when people control my time or invade my space
    - are wild and free spirited and disdain rules and being expected to be "appropriate" no
    - strong disliking for social expectation YES
    - solid and resilient (FPs to social conditioning and moral adversity; 8s to everything) not sure what you mean
    - both tend to have protective personalities (though the 8 is likely to be a little more so right off the bat while most FPs tend to wait a little longer to step in) probably
    - value truth over tact (FPs often value tact and saying things in a nice way when possible, but not at the expense of truth) sometimes
    - both have beliefs and/or preferences that they will not compromise on under any circumstances no
    - both insist on doing things "their way" no

In my case, independence and dislike of social expectations come from introversion, not Fi specifically. It's possible I'm not an INFP, but this doesn't really work for me.

ReflecTcelfeR

I can't help, but think of the thread where you believed yourself to be an ESTJ... Because I feel like this is essentially the same idea. I see you associating your own Fi love of qualities that are supposed to be manifested by extroverted thinking. Keep trying, but it's a limit. A 7 as it approach 8 diverges to +-infinity.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

How can an individualistic nature, who is against everything be protective of another one ? Isnt he in that regards not more like directive than protective, in forcing his worldimage onto another person ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]