First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Zen is fairly interesting and (I believe) useful for 9s as well.

MBTI
    ISFJ

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y"]A 9 song[/YOUTUBE]

Let the lyrics sink in.

brainheart

reading this OP yesterday combined with my nine year old son yelling at me to stop being so lazy and my husband begging me to do anything- I mean, just SOMETHING- with my life... Apparently all the forces are trying to wake me up, scream in my face, "Time flies, loser. Get off your ass! (and by the way, youre a nine...).

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    There are topics all over the net about how awesome it is to be 9?? Cool, I had no idea.

Now I'm wondering how many of us have type 2 ADD, or inattentive ADHD, and need either fear, intense pressure, or intense interest to get motivated to get shit finished.... Maybe just some of the Ne's among us, possibly including the OP (@Moiety)? I've been reading about it lately. Looks like we may be short of adrenaline and dopamine, which affect motivation, attention, and focus.
    I was diagnosed with that, but the meds just made me even more lazy... (adderall first then I think strattera.) Exercise and action work way better. Avoiding sitting in front of a computer.)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Exactly! Exercise .... better sleep .... better diet....maybe stop smoking if you are a smoker.....

The key to getting out of a rut for a 9 is to pay attention to your body! You are governed by the gut....and the reason why that statement sounds strange is because we tend to completely lose touch with it along the way! It even affects our decision making.

So take care of your body first of all! And make peace with your laziness when you feel lazy, don't beat yourself for it.

@redcheerio : I never went to the doctor but I raised hell when I was a kid. "Diseases" are just labels doctors use to name some extreme cases of a particular extremely NORMAL human trait. A lone ENFP in an island with 30 ISTJs is bond to be burned at the stake. The key is to understand medication only deals with symptoms and is bad for you on the long term. Enter psychology! Once you start understanding yourself you start dealing with the causes, which are a lot more important in the long term. So I guess maybe I COULD be ADHD by today's standards. Or have been anyway.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Exactly! Exercise .... better sleep .... better diet....maybe stop smoking if you are a smoker.....

The key to getting out of a rut for a 9 is to pay attention to your body! You are governed by the gut....and the reason why that statement sounds strange is because we tend to completely lose touch with it along the way! It even affects our decision making.

So take care of your body first of all! And make peace with your laziness when you feel lazy, don't beat yourself for it.
    This is so true! I think this is partly why it takes some 9s awhile to figure out our enneagram type. If I recall correctly, I think some of the less insightful E9 descriptions talk about being in touch with your body as if we all are, and when I read that I think "nope, not me, next?" But then, compared to a lot of people I am, so maybe it's just a matter of lacking self-perception.

And it's true that for me, exercise and diet make a HUGE difference in my well-being. I thought that was true for everyone, but may be even more so for us. When I was depressed about something, I made sure to go to the gym for an intense workout at least 3 times a week. It completely kept me out of the dumps on the days I worked out, and helped me get over the depression almost completely within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    @redcheerio : I never went to the doctor but I raised hell when I was a kid. "Diseases" are just labels doctors use to name some extreme cases of a particular extremely NORMAL human trait. A lone ENFP in an island with 30 ISTJs is bond to be burned at the stake. The key is to understand medication only deals with symptoms and is bad for you on the long term. Enter psychology! Once you start understanding yourself you start dealing with the causes, which are a lot more important in the long term. So I guess maybe I COULD be ADHD by today's standards. Or have been anyway.
    That's true, I agree. I think we have some awesome advantages, like being creative, learning quickly, working super efficiently under pressure, and being forced to find work we enjoy rather than settling for mind-numbing, soul-destroying work.