User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I'm a 9 and I'm definitely addicted to caffeine, a habit I'm always trying to break, but I love waking up in the morning, listening to the sound of the coffee brewing, smelling that wonderful aroma, and sitting there sipping on it until I slowly wake up. It gives me a nice peace of mind in the morning.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    girl

I'm a 9. I don't usually use stimulants. But I've been known to down a nasty 5-hr energy on occassion. I don't drink coffee and soda does nothing for my mental awareness. In fact, I don't know how much caffiene works at all somedays - I have actually taken a no-doz and then napped for several hours.

It is fascinating how having a life that I enjoy is awakening. I've been a stay-at-home mom for a few yrs and it is exhausting and draining, but sometimes just getting out w/out kids wakes me right up. ItsInMyHead?!
    I can work long, hard hrs without any stimulants, though, but I can also sleep for 20 hrs at time. which seems like a disorder or something.

... Sometimes just having infants wake you up in the night for years on end causes adrenal fatigue, etc - regardless of type.
    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by justwannabeMe View Post

... Sometimes just having infants wake you up in the night for years on end causes adrenal fatigue, etc - regardless of type.
    I know! I have chronic sleep deprivation from working 2nd shift and getting up with the kids in the morning. Memory? Gone. Attentin span? Worse than ever! I guess I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead, right?
    Until then.......

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I am also quite the grump until I get my first cup and relax in the morning!

Oh yeah

The kids know......give daddy a few minutes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the Sun View Post
    I am also quite the grump until I get my first cup and relax in the morning!

Oh yeah

The kids know......give daddy a few minutes

My husband has just learned this! It's best to avoid me for at least 15 minutes in the morning. I don't need the coffee, just need some time alone to wake up.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't think so.

For a while I was drinking ice machiatto for a bit that you can buy in stores here, and there were times where I felt thirsty, but only for that particular drink. So I stopped that.

But I occasionally drink coffee and I suppose cola on a regular bases. But when I am away or just drinking something else, I don't feel like I am missing something.

I do currently smoke. And in a sense my smoking is very habitual and not really addiction. Because if I go where I can't smoke (like a hotel room where you can't smoke until you're outside again) I don't feel the need to go out and have a smoke and get through the evening/night without any issues. But when I do go outside, I light one right away just because I can.

I really should probably just quit. It shouldn't be too hard for me if I'd just make the descision. But habit I guess. :P

But that's also where my habits end. I'm not much of a habitual person
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I can see where the OP is coming from. I used to have a massive caffeine addiction to Red Bull type drinks and ProPlus Caffeine pills. (This is the UK. I imagine you have different brands throughout the world.)

I have tried to cut down because they are so bad for you but honestly, I feel like I am merely a shadow without them. I use them to feel alive. I use them to have some conversation and some kind of personality. I feel physically and mentally sluggish without them. Caffeine helps me get stuff done and for that I am grateful. And I overdose massively. The packet says take 1-2 pills every 8 hours. I take 4 pills every 4 hours.

Otherwise, I could quite easily sleep all day.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    My husband has just learned this! It's best to avoid me for at least 15 minutes in the morning. I don't need the coffee, just need some time alone to wake up.
    That's exactly how my wife (ISFP (9w8 sx/sp)) is in the morning.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

A little caffeine can be inspiring at the right time, but having it in a large dose (coffee or more concentrated) is no more than a necessary evil. To be used as rarely as possible. The cost of the energy, at least for myself, is a dulling of the senses and of awareness in general. Seeing and hearing, and feeling things less. The feeling of everything coming in to me through a screen is frightening if I let it be.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]