User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 69

  1. #51
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I don't drink caffeine. I always drink decaffeinated coffee, and usually decaffeinated tea. Too much caffei9ne makes my heart race, and it doesn't even keep me awake.

    Sugar is my drug. But I am a user, not an abuser.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You probably don't feel the same way about tea as I do.
    I love caffeine in any form. So I put up with migraines or "caffeine hangovers" for years. The only way to get rid of the hangovers was to heavily reduce my caffeine intake. A doctor ordered me to limit my intake to one soda a day. Finally I was forced to reduce it to zero. But if the headache was the only issue, I would still be drinking it. There was far more to it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #53
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't drink caffeine. I always drink decaffeinated coffee, and usually decaffeinated tea. Too much caffei9ne makes my heart race, and it doesn't even keep me awake.

    Sugar is my drug. But I am a user, not an abuser.
    Ugh, I hope sugar doesn't become classified as a drug, even though it probably is one.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #54
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Ugh, I hope sugar doesn't become classified as a drug, even though it probably is one.
    Haha, it definitely is. The food industry profits from it, which is why it's not classified as one. But I'm glad it exists because it makes our lives so nice. (thinking about cupcakes...)

  5. #55
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Haha, it definitely is. The food industry profits from it, which is why it's not classified as one. But I'm glad it exists because it makes our lives so nice. (thinking about cupcakes...)
    It probably is. This depends on sugar's effect on dopamine receptors.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #56
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It probably is. This depends on sugar's effect on dopamine receptors.
    Well, it's addictive and produces a high followed by a crash, and it has damaging effects on the pancreas if consumed in large doses for prolonged periods. Also it is refined from a natural form. So it fits my criteria. Since it gives people pleasure it probably affects dopamine.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Well, it's addictive and produces a high followed by a crash, and it has damaging effects on the pancreas if consumed in large doses for prolonged periods. Also it is refined from a natural form. So it fits my criteria. Since it gives people pleasure it probably affects dopamine.
    I wouldn't try to argue against someone's personal criteria regarding a highly complex subject.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #58
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Chocolate is one source of natural caffeine. I ate a little chocolate ice cream last night and was up until 1:00 AM. My usual bedtime is between 9 and 10 PM.

    So I haven't eliminated all caffeine from my diet, but the little bit that I do get just messes me all up.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #59
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I wouldn't try to argue against someone's personal criteria regarding a highly complex subject.
    Well, it's kind of arbitrary anyway.

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I'm a 7 with a caffeine habit. It's mainly for the smell and taste, and not usually the stimulant effect unless I really need it.

Similar Threads

  1. [E8] Type 8's and being gentle or some shit
    By Azure Flame in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  2. Lindsay Lohan: Addict or Spoiled
    By spartan26 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:12 AM
  3. MBTI Types: Drive and Orientation
    By MerkW in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 03:13 AM
  4. My type: Comments and inquiries welcome.
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 01:28 PM
  5. type change and trauma
    By miss fortune in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO