User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I used to be but I started to get really bad gastritis because of it so I stopped.

Now it's just fruit juice drinks
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I purposely limit myself to 1 or 2 cups a day so that I don't acquire too much of a tolerance to it, cuz I often don't get enough sleep and need it to work for me in the morning.

Also, I'm naturally a night owl, so avoid coffee in the afternoon to maximize my chances of getting to sleep at a reasonable time at night. I think my natural body clock is 25 or 26 hours long; I always want to stay up later than the night before, sometimes even when I'm sleep deprived.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Is there a relationship between being a type 9 and having a caffeine habit? Are these correlated more closely than with the other 8 types? Are there any type 9s out there who don't require some kind of stimulant (if not caffeine) to keep them going all day?
    No caffeine for me. 1 cup of green tea in the morning for health, and other than that, nopity nopity nope.

I predict there will be no relationship between caffeine use and being a 9 on the enneagram.

What makes you think there would be?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I purposely limit myself to 1 or 2 cups a day so that I don't acquire too much of a tolerance to it, cuz I often don't get enough sleep and need it to work for me in the morning.

Also, I'm naturally a night owl, so avoid coffee in the afternoon to maximize my chances of getting to sleep at a reasonable time at night. I think my natural body clock is 25 or 26 hours long; I always want to stay up later than the night before, sometimes even when I'm sleep deprived.
    But there's more than just coffee out there. Everything from pop to energy drinks to chocolate have caffeine.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    No caffeine for me. 1 cup of green tea in the morning for health, and other than that, nopity nopity nope.

I predict there will be no relationship between caffeine use and being a 9 on the enneagram.

What makes you think there would be?
    I'm saying there is caffeine dependence, not just use, because the type 9s that I've known have been low-energy types as well as coffee drinkers. Or soda drinkers. If my mom didn't drink coffee all day, all she would do is sleep. And she's always been like that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I used to be but I started to get really bad gastritis because of it so I stopped.

Now it's just fruit juice drinks
    For gastritis prevention, try Ranitidine (under various brand names), Prilosec, or Nexium. The last one is best, Prilosec is good but it has the most side-effects, I think. Fruit drinks can also cause gastritis because of the acid, but caffeine is far worse and alcohol is the worst gastric offender. Antacids have no effect on gastritis symptoms.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'm saying there is caffeine dependence, not just use, because the type 9s that I've known have been low-energy types as well as coffee drinkers. Or soda drinkers. If my mom didn't drink coffee all day, all she would do is sleep. And she's always been like that.
    Interesting ... my aunt is a 9 and she's kind of like your mom, but not me.

I do eat chocolate, but that's more of a PMS-y need.

I don't think I am an uber-energy kind of person either, but caffeine doesn't help me in that way. It generally makes me feel worse; caffeine makes me a jittery wired insomniac and gives me palpitations. I avoid it.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

But there's more than just coffee out there. Everything from pop to energy drinks to chocolate have caffeine.
    True. I don't drink soda or energy drinks, but I do drink tea and eat dark chocolate in limited amounts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I thought most people were caffeine addicts? 9s have an affinity for sleep right? Why would they seek out something that makes them more awake? I guess they might feel the benefits more than some types.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm a 7 and I'm a bit addicted - I drink 3 cups (espresso) a day. I'm a high energy person by nature but...I want more of it

That said, I never drink coffee past 1 PM, otherwise I can't sleep well.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp