User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Sexual Ones

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Not sure what you mean, but I'll take a shot in the dark.

You might have read some things about Sexual Ones being particularly critical of the people they like and love, in a manner that seems backwards to others. You might be referring to that. Well, I'll say that it's sort of true for me, but highly qualified. The more important someone becomes to me, the more seriously I take their flaws and also the more interested I am in seeing that person's potential maximized. This could, in a way, make me more critical. I think I probably do voice criticism to people I care about and feel closer to than I do with the general populace. But, there's a counter-active factor involved too. The closer I get to someone the more closely I monitor my behavior toward them. If I detect wrath toward that person in myself, that makes me feel guilty. I try very hard to control my emotions while I'm being critical. If I get too harsh, I can quickly turn on myself as the one who needs to be better. It pushes and pulls me back and forth.
    I see... So intimacy acquires an element of "improvement of self and others"?

You know, I think that constant balancing of standing between two people is a persistent theme.
    A persistent theme in what?

Also, thanks.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I see... So intimacy acquires an element of "improvement of self and others"?
    I suppose so, yes. You find a better life in being a better person, and ought spouses work together to bring each other a better life?

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    A persistent theme in what?
    The life of a sexual one.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I suppose so, yes. You find a better life in being a better person, and ought spouses work together to bring each other a better life?

The life of a sexual one.
    I understand now - it's like a kind of "mutual mentoring", no? Thanks for clarifying, MP!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One thing that clicks with me is always looking at a potential mate in terms of what they could be instead of who they actually are. Personally, I've done plenty of idealizing of others in the past and it's only caused me much frustration.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

As a 1w9 sx/sp, I don't think I ever entered a close relationship with a person with the intention of "fixing" them. I never set out with an idealized persona that I think they can achieve. But if, in my time in getting to know them, I see areas that they have the full capability to improve in, sometimes I can't help but point them out. Of course, it makes me feel conflicted, because I'm sure they don't appreciate being told they have to "do better." And I'm not telling them that they must do better in order to be worthy. It's just, if you see something that can be worked on, why not work on it? It's an instinct.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    As a 1w9 sx/sp, I don't think I ever entered a close relationship with a person with the intention of "fixing" them. I never set out with an idealized persona that I think they can achieve. But if, in my time in getting to know them, I see areas that they have the full capability to improve in, sometimes I can't help but point them out. Of course, it makes me feel conflicted, because I'm sure they don't appreciate being told they have to "do better." And I'm not telling them that they must do better in order to be worthy. It's just, if you see something that can be worked on, why not work on it? It's an instinct.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply Sx 1s were "meddlesome"... I was just theorizing about how the intimate instinct "synchs" with Oneness in general.