User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    First, thank you.

What is the source of this?
    You're welcome. Here's where I found it: http://pstypes.blogspot.com/search/label/Enneagram

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    What do you think about this:

It's kind of interesting that the relationships are reversed for 4's and 9's. Does this confirm 4 for you?
    Interesting. Where did you get that? I'd like to see that for 9 vs 2.

Permabanned

a 9 seems so ISFJ to me,.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

After watching more videos, Wow!, I'm not even close to being a enneagram 9, I believe.

It seems 9 have ease at knowing the feelings of those around them, and become absorbed in other people. They have to withdraw to find out what who they are as a separate entity. One video the lady said she gives an impression of being an excellent listener and presents a face of not ever being angry even though she is.

Most of the time, I have to really concentrate to know what other people feel. Generally, I'm self-absorbed to the max. Like many of the 4 videos said, I tend to interpret everything within the context of myself, and feel envy or comparison when listening to other people. It's like I have to concentrate, and I think most people get the impression that I have intestinal discomfort listening to them or something.

First of all, I have an almost impenetrable psychological block to people in general. If I even look at people or look them in the eye, it is an enormous effort and act of generosity on my part. It's not that I hate them, but rather, they are a distraction from my own thoughts and internal structures. I much prefer listening to own internal life, with all its richness, and I see no possibility with them. I see no future with them or any fascination.

(This is different in focus group, class room setting, discussion or group therapy. Then I look at whomever is talking.)

Also, I sometimes take great risk to assert or argue my own opinion in affront to authority or power. I argue my own point of view and vision, and I get angry somewhat easily when I feel someone is tinkering around with my creative freedom or autonomy.

So I'm thinking about this, and I believe I need to get some books on the enneagram, but I need to be more myself, and come into my own. I keep listening to Steve Jobs' Stanford speech. Your intuition knows who you are, just follow along.

Thus, I realize that...well...fuck that part of myself that wants to be all up with others and what they are feeling, and all squishy peace and love diplomatic. Nobody likes it; they don't really like me, and perhaps it is because I'm not being myself in full power.

I need to find some proper food for my soul. I think I'm addicted to forums and forum behavior, but these do not plug me into myself, most of the time, or feed my desire create beauty in the world or resonate in myself. The feedback is so limited, and perhaps lack of satisfaction is because I'm not being myself...not just on forums...real life as well.

MBTI
    IsFJ

You sound like a 4w5 to me, BAJ... It seems like you're in a bit of a not-quite-healthy "level" by your own admission, so I suppose it's easier to discover your E-Type (the Enneagram is somewhat more pathological than the MBTI...). I do hope you get a chance to wield your own strengths with gusto and achieve greater personal fulfillment.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    You sound like a 4w5 to me, BAJ... It seems like you're in a bit of a not-quite-healthy "level" by your own admission, so I suppose it's easier to discover your E-Type (the Enneagram is somewhat more pathological than the MBTI...). I do hope you get a chance to wield your own strengths with gusto and achieve greater personal fulfillment.
    Thank you! Yeah, I bought book form amazon. Then I took off from work and drove to town 1 hour away. I looked at several books on the enneagram (as well as many other books), but didn't buy any.

In theory...it's just a theory...the pathological 4's go into clinical depression, and since I've been hospitalized with major depression three major times, plus much out patient work, I'd say that is a good indicator.

It's just...I need to begin by not trying to act like somebody else.

If you are nine then the way to balance it out and become great is to become a hardass about things. It balances things out... you see? If you are nine you have the soft skills down, so you are free to focus on the hard skills with wild abandon.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    If you are nine then the way to balance it out and become great is to become a hardass about things. It balances things out... you see? If you are nine you have the soft skills down, so you are free to focus on the hard skills with wild abandon.
    Hah, hah. Like I said you (and maybe @Halla74) are the only ones who could actually throw me off a bridge...physically speaking.

No, this has always backfired for me to mean.

In real life, I like to work quietly, mostly to myself. Yet, I have to tell people what to do too sometimes. Most of the time when I did loose my cool, it did not work out. So nowadays, I don't loose my head gasket. I just Te people to death in a nice way.