User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

I think you need to take a break, mate. Go find yourself first, then come back and see if anything fits.
    Hello

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Maybe, but I get along with everyone. If I disagree with someone, I do it in a way that avoids conflict. If someone says something harsh or offensive, I rarely take it personally. It's pretty hard to make me angry, so I never get into conflicts with anyone.
    If this indeed is true, as well as your post before, I seriously doubt you're a four, in fact I wonder how you could ever think you were.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    If this indeed is true, as well as your post before, I seriously doubt you're a four, in fact I wonder how you could ever think you were.
    I think you're right. I'm starting to see type 4 in such a new way that I can't even relate to it anymore--there's a whole lot more to the 4's identifying with and embracing their melancholy than I thought. But if you're curious, my main type me thread is here.

Well, now that 4's out, that brings up 5 again as a possibility. Right now, I'm a bit split between 9 and 5, especially since 5 won last time, but the whole time I was a 5, it never really felt right.

Five/Nine
    Intense/Soft
    Strong-minded/Easy-going
    Argumentative/Comforting
    Resistant/Receptive
    Suspicious/Trusting
    Focused/Diffuse
    Penetrating/Unfocused
    Theory/Fantasy
    Particularities/Generalities
    Pessimistic/Optimistic
    High-strung/Peaceful
    Disconnect from others/Merge with others
    Defensive/Accomodating
    Complexify things/Simplify things
    Discriminating/Accepting
    Detach/Space-out

But 9 is in the gut/body triad, and I've never considered myself in-sync with my body. I'm clumsy and not at all athletic, though I do care a lot about physical comfort. I don't know if this triad is working for me.

Also, I feel the same way about social situations that a 5 would. I guess I like socializing sometimes, but I often feel like I like my mind better, my own little world where I can do whatever I want. When I'm with my friends, a lot of times it feels like I'm just going through the motions, I'm never fully there and fully engaged. I was just walking back from class with a friend earlier, and she kept telling me to "Say something!" when I didn't really have anything to say. My mind doesn't automatically go to conversation topics, but she didn't seem to get that. I like having friends, but I don't like having obligations and expectations placed on me, and I quickly get tired from socializing and need to get away so I can breathe again.

brainheart

@RevlisZero,

INFP 9w1 sp

9s are the ones in the gut triad out of touch with their instinctual energy.

In my opinion, though, this sort of test is the best way to settle it. Sometimes simplicity is best. http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the...enneagram-test

@RevlisZero,

INFP 9w1 sp

9s are the ones in the gut triad out of touch with their instinctual energy.
    That's kind of what I thought at first, but I can't seem to find anything that elaborates on that. But that's not the only problem I have with 9. Here's another thing I've been looking at:

Naranjo's conception of 9 is very much what we've come to except. The 9 becomes numb & dead to his inner life, and becomes an external conformist. The 9 goes along with society as a whole without second guessing it, becoming conservative. The 9 does not look inwardly much if at all, and prefers not to. The 9 is a social, instinctual creature who maintains a positive attitude and avoids negativity. E9s reject complexity in favor of simplicity.

The primary distinction between 5 and 9 here would be that 9s reject their internal life in favor of an external orientation to reality, whereas 5s reject the external world in favor of their internal world. 5s become externally alienated, and 9s become internally alienated by going along with everything around them.
    I definitely side with 5 here. I practically live in my head. There's no way I'd reject my internal life in favor of an external orientation to reality.

brainheart

That's kind of what I thought at first, but I can't seem to find anything that elaborates on that. But that's not the only problem I have with 9. Here's another thing I've been looking at:

I definitely side with 5 here. I practically live in my head. There's no way I'd reject my internal life in favor of an external orientation to reality.
    Crap, I dunno. Maybe you're a 5w6 or 6w5.

I don't get how any ixxp no matter the etype wouldn't have an internal orientation.

Crap, I dunno. Maybe you're a 5w6 or 6w5.
    Why not 5w4?

I don't get how any ixxp no matter the etype wouldn't have an internal orientation.
    Yeah, I wondered about that too. It doesn't really make sense since many 9's are INFP's, which should make them very introspective.

brainheart

Why not 5w4?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. It doesn't really make sense since many 9's are INFP's, which should make them very introspective.
    I have a hard time believing a 5w4 would say they get along with everyone. Maybe I'm wrong, though. (and maybe 5w6/6w5 would feel less this way?) Also, you already said 4 was something you couldn't even relate to anymore.

But still, I think you're a nine.

I think nine descriptions, for the most part, are written about isfjs or something, just like the four descriptions always seem to lean toward the 4w3. You have to look at it big picture vs getting caught up in the details. When I get caught up in details I start thinking I'm a five... Which I'm not.

Glycerine

You should totally get to know @Udog. to get a feel for an e9 INFP.