User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 135

  1. #111
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    I read that 9w8's are more likely to express their anger physically than 9w1's, and 9w1's are more likely to express it by yelling. If that's true, I probably side more with 9w8 on this one. I used to get so frustrated I would throw things when I was a little kid. And even now, when I get extremely angry, I first get away from the person who's making me angry, then I start pacing around in my room because I can't just sit and be angry. I don't think I've ever yelled at anyone, though. The closest I ever come is talking angrily, but not necessarily loudly.

    I also found this:

    9w8 assertive, passive aggressive (slow burn), assertive

    9w1 passive. aggressive (explosion, diffusion of tension). passive.
    I'm rarely assertive, though I think I could be if I needed to be. I'm not so passive that I won't say what needs to be said. I've exploded before a couple times, but much more often I'm passive aggressive. My parents have told me I tend to drag my heels when I don't want to do something...and it's true.

  2. #112
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    I'm not sure where you found that, but it seems contradictory and inaccurate. I would expect 9w8s to be more explosive to diffuse tension [what 8s do] and 9w1s to be more passive aggressive.



  3. #113
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I read that 9w8's are more likely to express their anger physically than 9w1's, and 9w1's are more likely to express it by yelling. If that's true, I probably side more with 9w8 on this one. I used to get so frustrated I would throw things when I was a little kid. And even now, when I get extremely angry, I first get away from the person who's making me angry, then I start pacing around in my room because I can't just sit and be angry. I don't think I've ever yelled at anyone, though. The closest I ever come is talking angrily, but not necessarily loudly.
    Ah ha! I hadn't thought of it that way in terms of the 8w, but now that I think about it, is very true for me. My mom said when I was really little (like 2 or 3), I would hit my older sister when I was mad. When I got a little older, instead of hitting her, I would fantasize about hitting her and then maybe go throw something instead. Even to this day, when I'm extremely angry at someone, I fantasize about how much I'd like to kick them in the head or punch them in the face, and then go do some exercise to get my aggression out. I thought everyone did that, but maybe 8ers do it more, haha.

    I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up, because it's so rare that I get angry. For little things, I can just curse and laugh it off, and I'm done. And actually because of that, I have to be careful around people who get angry easily at little things, because I don't see it coming and don't understand it. It's a serious blind spot of mine.


    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I'm rarely assertive, though I think I could be if I needed to be. I'm not so passive that I won't say what needs to be said. I've exploded before a couple times, but much more often I'm passive aggressive. My parents have told me I tend to drag my heels when I don't want to do something...and it's true.
    I'm usually assertive unless there's a good reason I'm afraid to be. That's when I run into problems and get all conflicted about what to do. I don't think I'm passive aggressive, but I could be wrong. I also drag my heels when I don't want to do something.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm not sure where you found that, but it seems contradictory and inaccurate. I would expect 9w8s to be more explosive to diffuse tension [what 8s do] and 9w1s to be more passive aggressive.
    Yeah, I see your point. Then again, 1's are explosive too (trust me, I've been living with one ), so I don't know.

    I found that here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...18&whichpage=2

    By the way, Oldham's "leisurely" personality style (passive-aggressive) corresponds to 9w8, not 9w1. I'm not saying this is conclusive evidence or anything, just something I've observed that fits. I've yet to see anything that indicates it's the other way around.

    Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I'm usually assertive unless there's a good reason I'm afraid to be. That's when I run into problems and get all conflicted about what to do. I don't think I'm passive aggressive, but I could be wrong. I also drag my heels when I don't want to do something.
    I thought dragging your heels kind of was passive-aggressive. Maybe a little, anyways, since you're demonstrating a sort of passive resistance against something you don't want to do. Like when I'm having a wonderful time playing video games and just get to a good part when suddenly I get called out to do yard work--my least favorite thing in the world. I'll still do it, but I'll be really angry and drag my heels, and probably not do as good a job as I should. And when I'm finishing up something and my mom yells at me to hurry up, I'll get angry because it takes as long as it takes. Just because she said that and made me angry, I'll probably be more inclined to take longer rather than "hurry up".

    And then my roommate keeps hinting that she wants me to get a poster for my area. How dare she try to manipulate me! I'm not spending 10 dollars for a poster I don't need or want, and why should I have to do what she wants anyways? Why does she even care whether my area of our room has a poster? And if she wants me to get a poster, why doesn't she just come out and say it directly, rather than just dropping hints? Coward!

    Whoa, maybe I do have some 8 in me!

  5. #115
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I'm a 9w8 and I yell when I'm angry. I never hit anyone in my life or get physical over it.

  6. #116
    Senior Member redcheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I'm a 9w8 and I yell when I'm angry. I never hit anyone in my life or get physical over it.
    Not hitting shows self control, which is good, and may be a 9 trait. But do you ever get the urge to, or imagine it, when you're really angry?

  7. #117
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    I'm a NEIN expert!

    NEIN NEIN NEIN!

  8. #118
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    I don't throw things anymore, that was just when I was a little kid before I learned self-control. And I've never hit anyone before, or even imagined it. But maybe it's not a 9w8 thing? I don't know.

  9. #119
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    How easily distracted are you?
    Hello

  10. #120
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    How easily distracted are you?
    It depends on what you mean. I sometimes get distracted in the sense that I can't focus or finish what I've started, but not usually in the sense that something more interesting catches my attention, if that makes any sense. There are some days where I just can't get anything done because I can't focus.

Similar Threads

  1. Any psychologists around here?
    By Silveresque in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 11:53 AM
  2. [so] Any so/sx people around here?
    By fidelia in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 11:54 AM
  3. Replies: 165
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 12:53 PM
  4. [INTP] Any INTP's around here make a marriage work with a ESFJ
    By Chris1973 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:43 PM
  5. Any insect experts/enthusiasts who can tell me what this is?
    By cascadeco in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO