User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I test as a 5 more often than 1, but I'm pretty confident that I'm 1w9. Most of the online tests I've taken were hung up on the whole morality aspect of it, and the shame associated with being corrupt, neither of which I identify with... my interpretation of right vs. wrong is far more functional and relativistic than most descriptions take into account. I do, however, associate strongly with the underlying anger and resentment said to be characteristic vices of 1s.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Tests as well as descriptions never tend to be all that good.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

The basic gist of the gut triad is that they instinctively know how things should be and will act on it to make it so. Ones are particularly tuned-in to their superegos and so they have very defined ideas of what's correct and incorrect. Morality is one way to describe it, although the word is often loaded and people carry with it all sorts of definitions. Fairness is a more precise way to explain it, at least for you, and I'm sure others can explain it other ways: the basic idea is that it all falls under the category of what's right and what's wrong.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yeah, I found the same. Both the resentment and the corruption thing kind of threw me for a loop, as I don't identify with either.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

1) the focus on "morality"*, which I don't relate to at all;
    2) the idea that we are defined by "resentment"*, which I am not; and
    3) the idea that our greatest fear is "corruption"*, which I am not all that afraid
    I don't think the definitions are inaccurate. Hypothetically speaking, a type 1 individual would not be able to fathom being a resentful person since every action is meticulously inspected for any faults in morality or reason. The listed negatives are just what Type 1s are blind to about themselves.
    ---

I typically test as 3w4 or 8w7. I didn't think I was either of those and thought cp6w5 was the closest behaviorally (I may have idealized their passion/courage, 'fighting for the under-dog' stereotype). But 5w6 was suggested by others, which confused me for a couple of months until I read Maitri and Naranjo.

The three things you've listed are the reasons why I never associated myself as a 1. Ironically, I hated type 1s because they were described as self-righteous, resentful, and corruptible (hypocrites). My rejection of all 3 of those traits are specifically what makes me a One because it was what I unconsciously avoided.

And although I don't subscribe myself to morality, I did in the past fervently latch on to objectivity which resulted into moments of self-righteous indignation and hypocrisy. I thought I could never be wrong if only I adhere to objectivity (holy idea of perfection). It never occurred to me that my objectiveness was lost once I saw it as absolute.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Morality is nothing more than a standard for measuring values and principles. We all choose those values and principles we hold dear. Some of us find an established standard we choose to follow. Morality only begs the question of "How much integrity do you demonstrate in living those things you say are important to you?"

Fear of corruption, goes hand in hand with morality. Another word for fear is reverence. Does the 1 reverence the standard they have chosen to live by? Or do they live hypocritically? Avoiding a standard all together doesn't make sense, because it ignores any foundation on which to build a life.

As far as resentment, I don't chose to resent others. It goes against my standard. But I do make choices based on avoidance of regret. I don't want to live a life of regrets; the would've, should've, could've syndrome. My standards are the foundation, my reverence to my standard creates a livable framework, and avoidance of regrets plumbs and levels the framework thus keeping future possibilities open.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's kind of funny that this thread got revived, as I have long since changed my stance on this issue. Yes, the online descriptions of Ones tend to use poor word choice and make us all seem like pontificating, self-hating religious people. But Savage Idealist (who seems to have been banned?) had the right idea -- online enneagram descriptions, in general, aren't that good. Threads abound on this forum about how some descriptions are better than others because of the natural biases of those who write them -- and how published typology authors are naturally much more qualified (and objective) than their online counterparts.

It is pretty cool to see other people's perspectives on this thread, though. It sounds, for example, like Working On It and Savitri experience their One-ness very differently than I do.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Yep but even the published authors on enneagram have their different takes on the types. Riso and Hudson would type me an 8; Maitri and Naranjo would type me a 1.

I went with Maitri and Naranjo since the holy idea of perfection was a prevalent theme in my past, which is basically to remove myself of all blame. Lol I configure my whole environment just to do that. Fortunately I am in the healthier levels of type one and seem to have let go of that instinct to control my environment. Family now thinks I'm 7-like hahahahahhah
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

I have always seen One's need for perfection in general terms, so corruption will mean something different for each One. Ones who focus on moral perfection fear being evil, Ones who focus on intellectual perfection fear being dumb or ignorant, Ones who focus on technical perfection fear being incompetent, Ones who focus on health perfection fear being sick, ones who focus on physical perfection fear being ugly or defective, so on...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

for myself, I think I know 1s pretty well, and as someone who's not a 1, i wouldn't have any clue at all at how to even begin to describe the type, yet I do (think i) know a lot about them. one of those things that you have to learn about it by experience i guess.

one thing i'll say though, from what i've observed, your wings define you a lot, from an outward pov, almost more than your main type. like 1w9 and 1w2 are 2 different things imo, yet you're not completely 9ish or 2ish either.

EDIT: also, NT is kinda common with 1s and standard issue with 5s, but I consider them to be complete polar opposites (as far as ideas and philosophies go). yet a lot of ones are getting mistyped as 5s and somehow this doesnt surprise me at all
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug: