• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Fives and mind reading

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
I fancy a 5 for approx. 10 months now. I am type 4. Although we hardly talke that much at word except for a few words nearly each day, he stated to me that he knows exactly how I tick respectively how I think and how my brain works. I myself know nothing about him and how he functions. Is is possible for a 5 to know someone so well even though they have hardly anything to go on?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find people to be highly predictable, but that's not mind-reading. On the other hand, my type 9 wife has pulled words out of my head, literally mind-reading me. The last time, she repeated a word to me that I'd only been thinking about - and it was a word she had never heard of. She's not aware that she's been reading my mind until I tell her. And yes, it is quite shocking to me.

G

Glycerine

@OP: That's a highly arrogant thing for the 5 to say. However, if you observe someone for long enough and analyze them, you can pick up on many patterns and in some ways know how he or she ticks but how can one truly know someone else? It's typically not mind reading but moreso picking up on patterns.

VagrantFarce

Yeah, just sounds like he's being a smart-arse.

Let him get to know the real you and prove him wrong. :D