User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I thought there wasn't a direct correlation? I mean, aren't Stanley Kubrick, Trent Reznor and Glenn Gould INTJ 5w4s? (And David Lynch an INFJ 5w4?)
    I don't know. It's just what I've noticed. I know there are are plenty of exceptions, since they don't match up perfectly and J/P isn't the only factor. The 4 wing for an INFJ makes sense being a feeling type, and I find it hard to imagine a 5w6 INFJ. But from what I've seen it seems like INTJ's are more commonly 5w6 and INTP's are more often 5w4. I don't know if there's any real correlation though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I thought there wasn't a direct correlation? I mean, aren't Stanley Kubrick, Trent Reznor and Glenn Gould INTJ 5w4s? (And David Lynch an INFJ 5w4?)
    I wouldn't give any credence to the notion. e56s are more naturally inclined to follow a linear train of thought than e54s, which might give the impression of an mbti judger because focus is so strong, but I think both are equally adept at open-ended problem solving or "charting the course", circumstance pending of course. We, as part of a giant digital speculative blob, associate irritability, fickleness, and the knowitall syndrome pretty much exclusively with tjs, while discounting factors that we've named sub-sections of this forum after. So much easier to repeat.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    little to no focus on security.
    Pardon?

Personally, I think Reznor and Kubrick were INFJ as well. But it doesn't make that big of a difference (to me at least. hah).

Ginkgo

Albert Einstein.

ThatGirl

Everyone knows Einstein was an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Personally, I think Reznor and Kubrick were INFJ as well. But it doesn't make that big of a difference (to me at least. hah).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B62f1gQliLY#t=1m10s

Cool video.. The film fan in me enjoyed it, but was there anything in particular you wanted to point out, type-wise?

To go back to what I was saying, I think some Ni dominants are very close. Especially the stronger their introversion (naturally). I could see him typed either way, but just little hints here and there lead me to think he was Fe over Te.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Albert Einstein.
    Fictional, I said.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Cool video.. The film fan in me enjoyed it, but was there anything in particular you wanted to point out, type-wise?
    The anecdote about how Kubrick changed Spielberg's perspective on Jack Nicholson and 'The Shining'. It was very cut-to-the-chase, unadorned, efficient - one might say, in function terms, Ni-Te.

To go back to what I was saying, I think some Ni dominants are very close. Especially the stronger their introversion (naturally). I could see him typed either way, but just little hints here and there lead me to think he was Fe over Te.
    Could you name a few of those hints?