User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 66

  1. #31
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    That all sounds just like me, especially the part with the bold!

    Does this mean I should consider being at least So-second as a possibility?
    Its looking like a strong possibility. Although a very empathic person could conceivably experience the same.

    So you think you may be a sx/so then?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  2. #32
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    That all sounds just like me, especially the part with the bold!

    Does this mean I should consider being at least So-second as a possibility?
    Maybe. It's like that for social 4's, but I don't know how the three instincts manifest in a 6. It could be that most 6's are like that even as So-last.

  3. #33
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Its looking like a strong possibility. Although a very empathic person could conceivably experience the same.

    So you think you may be a sx/so then?
    I'm not sure. I'm not charismatic or proactively involved in the societal sphere at all. I'm passive and boring as hell. I have tremendous passion and emotion, but I do not usually show this in public. If I wasn't an introvert and so shy as to not bring negative or embarrassing attention to myself, I would be as fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler. I just think I'm too reserved and low-energy to be Sx/So. What do you think?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #34
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I'm not sure. I'm not charismatic or proactively involved in the societal sphere at all. I'm passive and boring as hell. I have tremendous passion and emotion, but I do not usually show this in public. If I wasn't an introvert and so shy as to not bring negative or embarrassing attention to myself, I would be as fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler. I just think I'm too reserved and low-energy to be Sx/So. What do you think?
    I don't think you're Sx/So, but I relate to everything you just said (except the "fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler"). I don't think charisma and being socially active has anything to the social instinct, it has to do with being an extrovert. In an introvert, the social instinct will act in more subtle ways, such as providing a focus on one's place in the group and society, and a strong need for belonging and acceptance (but some of that is also 6).

    I'm really not sure you're an Sx at all. You don't have to be an Sx to have a strong desire for a relationship or even to want to look sexually attractive. Sx in a 6 tends to manifest as a counterphobic stance. I could be wrong, but I see more So in you. Actually, you seem to have already expressed your preference in what you just said: you would be fiery and zealous if you weren't too afraid of embarrassing yourself. This shows that you're so focused on how the group perceives you (So), that you don't show your more passionate side (Sx).

  5. #35
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't think you're Sx/So, but I relate to everything you just said (except the "fiery and zealous as Adolf Hitler"). I don't think charisma and being socially active has anything to the social instinct, it has to do with being an extrovert. In an introvert, the social instinct will act in more subtle ways, such as providing a focus on one's place in the group and society, and a strong need for belonging and acceptance (but some of that is also 6).

    I'm really not sure you're an Sx at all. You don't have to be an Sx to have a strong desire for a relationship or even to want to look sexually attractive. Sx in a 6 tends to manifest as a counterphobic stance. I could be wrong, but I see more So in you. Actually, you seem to have already expressed your preference in what you just said: you would be fiery and zealous if you weren't too afraid of embarrassing yourself. This shows that you're so focused on how the group perceives you (So), that you don't show your more passionate side (Sx).
    I was exaggerating a bit when I said I would be as intense as Adolf Hitler, but I just mean that I would go after what I want rather than just have it pass me by. Adolf Hitler was a bad example because it implies influencing a crowd of people, which is not what I strongly desire to do. Yes, I would rather the world had adopted my views so there wouldn't be as much chaos and disharmony, but that's not what I strive for. I prefer a behind-the-scenes job, and it really doesn't matter if I positively affect society or not (though I would not want to negatively affect it). Let's just say I'm socially-aware and self-conscious about how I am perceived by others, but I would rather just not care what others think of me and go after my desires.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  6. #36
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I was exaggerating a bit when I said I would be as intense as Adolf Hitler, but I just mean that I would go after what I want rather than just have it pass me by. Adolf Hitler was a bad example because it implies influencing a crowd of people, which is not what I strongly desire to do. Yes, I would rather the world had adopted my views so there wouldn't be as much chaos and disharmony, but that's not what I strive for. I prefer a behind-the-scenes job, and it really doesn't matter if I positively affect society or not (though I would not want to negatively affect it). Let's just say I'm socially-aware and self-conscious about how I am perceived by others, but I would rather just not care what others think of me and go after my desires.
    I don't relate to the social instinct's desire to influence society either. I think this only manifests in certain enneatypes such as 1's and 3's, and maybe only a little in others. And I also wish I didn't care about what others think of me, but I do care nonetheless.

    I don't think you're So-dom, but maybe So second. How well do you relate to the Sp/So description here? The other one I think you could be is Sp/Sx. I personally don't see you as Sx/Sp, but I could be wrong.

  7. #37
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't think you're So-dom, but maybe So second. How well do you relate to the Sp/So description here?
    Not terribly much. Also, I would like to point out that I don't relate to most pure Sp descriptions. But, then again, the same could be said for So and Sx, but I usually find that I relate to more things in the Sx descriptions, and Sp the least. Out of the sub-variants, I relate to Sx/Sp the most, So/Sx the second most, and Sp/Sx the third most.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  8. #38
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me. :doh
    So... Southern kross and revlis, I definitely relate to this, but it doesn't seem to destroy me quite as much as it seems to you. Do you think an so/sx might shrug this stuff off a bit more, kind of an, "oh my god, I'm so embarrassed, but... it's who I am, so deal with it, people." Kind of a less intense, more self conscious sx/so, I guess.

    Hazashin, for the record, you've always struck me as an sp dom six.

  9. #39
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Hazashin, for the record, you've always struck me as an sp dom six.
    Why? I don't relate to Sp hardly at all.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  10. #40
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    So... Southern kross and revlis, I definitely relate to this, but it doesn't seem to destroy me quite as much as it seems to you. Do you think an so/sx might shrug this stuff off a bit more, kind of an, "oh my god, I'm so embarrassed, but... it's who I am, so deal with it, people." Kind of a less intense, more self conscious sx/so, I guess.
    Hmmm...yeah, I can see how having Sx second and Sp last might balance out that self-consciousness a bit. Sx makes you more intense and outgoing, while Sp last makes you less withdrawn and concerned about your well-being.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI and the Four Temperaments (Humors)
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 02:30 AM
  2. [E4] The Instincts of Type Four in Literature
    By brainheart in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 11:39 PM
  3. [Enne] Nines Instinct Questionnaire
    By Silveresque in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
  4. [E6] Sixes Instinct Questionnaire
    By Silveresque in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:07 AM
  5. [E5] Fives Instinct Questionnaire
    By Silveresque in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO