User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    It depends why you hate it. I hate it because I feel the immense pressure of it to be burdensome. It cripples my ability to be myself and say what I really think, because I'm so worried people will judge me. I've discovered 4w5 sps for example, dislike conformity but don't care as much what people think and are more inclined to be all, "this is me, get used to it".
    If that's true, I probably am a social 4, then. I care way too much about what people think of me (or really more like what kind of impression I think I made). Whenever I make even the tiniest mistake (which can even be just imagined awkwardness), I can't help feeling like an idiot.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    If that's true, I probably am a social 4, then. I care way too much about what people think of me (or really more like what kind of impression I think I made). Whenever I make even the tiniest mistake (which can even be just imagined awkwardness), I can't help feeling like an idiot.
    In these descriptions, which do you relate to the most? http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...sition=80:80//

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    In these descriptions, which do you relate to the most? http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...sition=80:80//
    In the general stacks page, the only one that fits me is Sp/Sx. In the 4 stacks page, So/Sp fits best, followed closely by Sp/Sx, and then Sp/So.

brainheart

In the general stacks page, the only one that fits me is Sp/Sx. In the 4 stacks page, So/Sp fits best, followed closely by Sp/Sx, and then Sp/So.
    I wonder if that's common for fours, that sort of disparity. (4w5s especially) I can see fours relating primarily with the sp/sx and sx/sp general stacks- I know that's how it is for me. But then for the 4 stacks for me, it's pretty much a tie between so/sx and sp/sx, with so/sp third. And whenever I've taken that instinct test, I get very strong sx followed by sp with so barely making a showing.

I wonder if that's common for fours, that sort of disparity. (4w5s especially) I can see fours relating primarily with the sp/sx and sx/sp general stacks- I know that's how it is for me. But then for the 4 stacks for me, it's pretty much a tie between so/sx and sp/sx, with so/sp third. And whenever I've taken that instinct test, I get very strong sx followed by sp with so barely making a showing.
    Yeah, 4's tend to be very passionate and emotional, and I think that gives them a natural inclination toward the Sx instinct. Compared with all types, even Sx-last fours may relate more to Sx descriptions than to their actual variant. But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.
    This is very true and why the specific stacking descriptions for 4s are a lot more accurate for typing. In the general descriptions, I can see myself in the sx/sp a lot, but not so much in the 4 specific descriptions. The sx-dom 4s are almost an exaggeration of classic 4 traits.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me.

Yeah, 4's tend to be very passionate and emotional, and I think that gives them a natural inclination toward the Sx instinct. Compared with all types, even Sx-last fours may relate more to Sx descriptions than to their actual variant. But when you look at the variant descriptions specifically for 4, there's less bias because those descriptions will take into account those qualities that would normally come out Sx when they're really just e4 qualities.
    Yeah, the general descriptions are terrible as they are biased toward certain enneatypes (ugh, I can't get over how wrong the so/sp one is ). In those, I do relate more to the sp/sx and sx/sp descriptions.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

This sounds very much like so. I can experience embarrassment on a level similar to that of physical pain and can relieve it years afterwards with the same sting. It doesn't even have to be my own; just watching someone else make a fool of themselves, knowingly or not, is sheer agony for me.
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the exact same way. It never really goes away. All I have to do is think about something stupid I did in the past to feel like a complete idiot all over again. And I could never laugh at someone else for making a fool of himself because I know how painful it is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

That all sounds just like me, especially the part with the bold!

Does this mean I should consider being at least So-second as a possibility?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I'm the exact same way. It never really goes away. All I have to do is think about something stupid I did in the past to feel like a complete idiot all over again. And I could never laugh at someone else for making a fool of himself because I know how painful it is.
    Aaagreed. >_>
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥