First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Umm... I do that I'm an Sx-dom.

I also relate to this. I'm starting to wonder if I have So in my top-two stacking...
    Maybe. Like I've said many times, they often write the so descriptions in ways that are extremely off-putting, especially to Fours. I'm sure many mistype because of it.

Fours with the social variant are more keenly aware the pressure to conform. This can make them hate social interaction and actively avoid it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Maybe. Like I've said many times, they often write the so descriptions in ways that are extremely off-putting, especially to Fours. I'm sure many mistype because of it.

Fours with the social variant are more keenly aware the pressure to conform. This can make them hate social interaction and actively avoid it.
    Well, I do hate social obligations and conformity, so that does that say anything about my instinctual variant?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Well, I do hate social obligations and conformity, so that does that say anything about my instinctual variant?
    I hate social obligations and conformity as well, but I still follow them because I don't feel like I have a whole lot of choice. I don't know if it really has a whole lot to do with your instinctual variant, especially if you're not a 4. It's only relevant to us because 4's are naturally inclined to be nonconformists, yet when paired with the social instinct it makes us feel more pressured to conform.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I hate social obligations and conformity as well, but I still follow them because I don't feel like I have a whole lot of choice. I don't know if it really has a whole lot to do with your instinctual variant, especially if you're not a 4. It's only relevant to us because 4's are naturally inclined to be nonconformists, yet when paired with the social instinct it makes us feel more pressured to conform.
    It's not like I rebel against conformity, I just don't conform if I don't agree with it. I do whatever I like, and I have no agenda to get people to see that I'm rebelling against conformity.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    All of your answers fit me very well except for this one. I never get loud or take control of the conversation. Maybe I just haven't learned how to do that yet, or maybe I'm not an So-dom. But I do like your answer for number 4 especially, and it fits me perfectly. I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Oh, I wouldn't let the answer to 3 distract you; even I find this behaviour wacky. Mostly it happens when there's drinking involved or when I'm inclined to overcompensate for my anxiousness. I am quite talkative though, for such a very shy person.

It depends why you hate it. I hate it because I feel the immense pressure of it to be burdensome. It cripples my ability to be myself and say what I really think, because I'm so worried people will judge me. I've discovered 4w5 sps for example, dislike conformity but don't care as much what people think and are more inclined to be all, "this is me, get used to it".
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

It depends why you hate it. I hate it because I feel the immense pressure of it to be burdensome. It cripples my ability to be myself and say what I really think, because I'm so worried people will judge me. I've discovered 4w5 sps for example, dislike conformity but don't care as much what people think and are more inclined to be all, "this is me, get used to it".
    Interesting, interesting. I feel the same way. :P

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've discovered 4w5 sps for example, dislike conformity but don't care as much what people think and are more inclined to be all, "this is me, get used to it".
    For me, it's more that I am oblivious to it. It's not that I don't ever care or worry what people think, it's that I often forget to care or worry. When I remember, it's too late & then I've already weirded people out or isolated myself. I certainly may feel resentment and/or mortification at that point, but I never seem to feel it enough to remember to be aware next time. My lack of awareness doesn't lead to saying/doing whatever I feel so much as not bothering to step outside my head, period.

Many times, I'm just too preoccupied with my own comforts so that I don't think about the impression I am making. I suppose that's a form of not caring, but the difference is that it's not really an active thought of "I don't care". It's more like a blind spot (which your last instinct usually amounts to).

Being shy, I have felt some inhibition due to self-consciousness & fear of judgment, but there's this simultaneous obliviousness where as long as I feel emotionally/physically secure & sure of my own independence, then I only lament it's hindrance with forming close bonds. I don't feel any resentment towards people as a whole for their expectations, but I do envy their individual relationships. This sums it up well, from the sp/sx 4 type: "They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships."

I had a friend once accuse me of being unsociable to the point of avoiding people and being a snob, and it really surprised me, because I never felt I avoided people on purpose nor saw myself as above them. I felt like I just got lost in my own world & focused on my own needs & comforts. It was self-absorbed, but not judgmental towards others.

I would expect sx-doms to be more flamboyant about being who they are & not caring what people think because it's a way of drawing admiration to you at the same time & opening the way for some intense experience/connection with someone else.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    For me, it's more that I am oblivious to it. It's not that I don't ever care or worry what people think, it's that I often forget to care or worry. When I remember, it's too late & then I've already weirded people out or isolated myself. I certainly may feel resentment and/or mortification at that point, but I never seem to feel it enough to remember to be aware next time. My lack of awareness doesn't lead to saying/doing whatever I feel so much as not bothering to step outside my head, period.

Many times, I'm just too preoccupied with my own comforts so that I don't think about the impression I am making. I suppose that's a form of not caring, but the difference is that it's not really an active thought of "I don't care". It's more like a blind spot (which your last instinct usually amounts to).

Being shy, I have felt some inhibition due to self-consciousness & fear of judgment, but there's this simultaneous obliviousness where as long as I feel emotionally/physically secure & sure of my own independence, then I only lament it's hindrance with forming close bonds. I don't feel any resentment towards people as a whole for their expectations, but I do envy their individual relationships. This sums it up well, from the sp/sx 4 type: "They also start to envy the ease with which others seem to form relationships and maintain friendships."

I had a friend once accuse me of being unsociable to the point of avoiding people and being a snob, and it really surprised me, because I never felt I avoided people on purpose nor saw myself as above them. I felt like I just got lost in my own world & focused on my own needs & comforts. It was self-absorbed, but not judgmental towards others.
    Yeah you're right. Its more that such things aren't on a sp's radar.

I hope you don't think I meant it in a bad way. I meant sps not caring in the sense that they aren't as bothered by what others think of them - its actually a quality I admire as you don't apologise for yourself. And I suppose if you aren't as aware of your how you're being perceived, you can't stress about it. Personally, sometimes I'd prefer not to notice so much. But I suppose the down side of being so-last is that people's reactions and expectations must seem baffling and difficult to predict. You must feel you have less control over your self-image (for the lack of a better word) and how you're perceived by others.

I would expect sx-doms to be more flamboyant about being who they are & not caring what people think because it's a way of drawing admiration to you at the same time & opening the way for some intense experience/connection with someone else.
    Yes, perhaps a 4 sx would advertise their 'uniqueness' and what separates them from the crowd. It could become more of a selling point, like with Lady Gaga for example (although I'm not sure whether she is considered a 4 or not).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah you're right. Its more that such things aren't on a sp's radar.

I hope you don't think I meant it in a bad way.
    Not at all, not at all.

I meant sps not caring in the sense that they aren't as bothered by what others think of them - its actually a quality I admire as you don't apologise for yourself. And I suppose if you aren't as aware of your how you're being perceived, you can't stress about it. Personally, sometimes I'd prefer not to notice so much. But I suppose the down side of being so-last is that people's reactions and expectations must seem baffling and difficult to predict. You must feel you have less control over your self-image (for the lack of a better word) and how you're perceived by others.
    Very much so.

Interestingly, I notice in the descriptions that the so/sp and sp/sx 4s seem to have the most disdain for social environments. For the sp/sx it's a blindspot issue, and for the so/sp, it's the preoccupation with it. The so/sx seems most at ease with the group (according to the descriptions), and the sx/sp seems the most dismissive.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

brainheart

Now I really have no clue what my instinctual variant is, after reading all of that. I usually don't feel quite as socially aware as southern kross seems to be (although I related a lot with what he said, especially about acting unpredictably (and the drinking component), but I also avoid groups like the plague so I'm becoming pretty asocial, like I'm forgetting how to act. I come across to most as aloof and self-contained, but with those I'm comfortable with I can be very warm and talk a lot, I have to remember to converse, not dominate. But sometimes with those same people I barely talk at all.

Sometimes I can very much be the social critic. Sometimes I don't care and I'm completely oblivious- I can very much be how orange said about being really intense with particular people, and also the whole issue with not getting how others manage relationships/acquire friends with such ease. I've lost friends over the years due to apparently not handling things correctly, of which at the time I was totally unaware. I completely forget to call my parents, my siblings- it's often as if people disappear if they're not in the same room as me- that is unless I'm infatuated with someone and then they are constantly very present.
    I also really dislike being uncomfortable, that seems like an sp thing.
    I do know that I hate being thrust into a crew of people without being notified that's going to happen first. It throws me into a panic. I feel like I need to prepare first, get my game face on or something.