MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

The Tick

Doom Marine (in the comic at least)

Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

Rogue heart

What about Walter White form Breaking Bad? I think he's an 8, but I'm not sure about the wing, I've seen people type him as a 8w7 or and 8w9 , but also some tend to think he's E5 of E6.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    What about Walter White form Breaking Bad? I think he's an 8, but I'm not sure about the wing, I've seen people type him as a 8w7 or and 8w9 , but also some tend to think he's E5 of E6.
    I'd say in the 5/6 space. I type him as 6w5.

Edit: I think an 8 in Breaking Bad would be someone like Mike. He's in the 8/9 area.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@DJ Arendee, just listening to the first seconds of that clip you linked makes me think The Tick is a 1 the way he's talking about moral righteousness and how he's the only one capable of living up to them. Sounds like superego ideals. He is going to fix the world. 8s don't possess that kind of mindset. They just try to survive. Alternatively watching further in, I could also see an argument for CP6 because he's definitely barking louder than he bites. Well, superego type anyway. I don't see the 8-ness there.

I have to say I see a similar pattern with Jayne, although there I definitely lean towards 1. Unhealthy controlled, superego-energy anyway. Also, the way he racks down on people and criticize them is more of an unhealthy superego type thing than id thing. 8s are more of a living-let-live. Ids don't need to prove they are awesome by telling others or criticizing others, they already know. Study and compare to Dante's simple living-let-live attitude. Why should he care or be concerned? He's just another guy living in the gutter trying to have some fun and get by. It's also interesting to note how he clearly startes to integrate towards 2 as he gets more involved but most importantly, starts taking a liking towards Kat. He still doesn't care much about people as a whole. He has no connection to them. He cares about Kat though.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    @DJ Arendee, just listening to the first seconds of that clip you linked makes me think The Tick is a 1 the way he's talking about moral righteousness and how he's the only one capable of living up to them. Sounds like superego ideals. He is going to fix the world. 8s don't possess that kind of mindset. They just try to survive. Alternatively watching further in, I could also see an argument for CP6 because he's definitely barking louder than he bites. Well, superego type anyway. I don't see the 8-ness there.

I have to say I see a similar pattern with Jayne, although there I definitely lean towards 1. Unhealthy controlled, superego-energy anyway. Also, the way he racks down on people and criticize them is more of an unhealthy superego type thing than id thing. 8s are more of a living-let-live. Ids don't need to prove they are awesome by telling others or criticizing others, they already know. Study and compare to Dante's simple living-let-live attitude. Why should he care or be concerned? He's just another guy living in the gutter trying to have some fun and get by. It's also interesting to note how he clearly startes to integrate towards 2 as he gets more involved but most importantly, starts taking a liking towards Kat. He still doesn't care much about people as a whole. He has no connection to them. He cares about Kat though.

Eh, I picked jayne mostly because he just wants to fight people constantly, haha.

The tick is a full on ESTP exaggeration. Whether or not that's a 1 or 8 I suppose is up for debate. He's completely ESTP inner child though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Eh, I picked jayne mostly because he just wants to fight people constantly, haha.

The tick is a full on ESTP exaggeration. Whether or not that's a 1 or 8 I suppose is up for debate. He's completely ESTP inner child though.
    ESTP inner child lol? Are you suggesting he's an INFJ who wants to be an ESTP then? Like living out his shadow as a superhero?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    ESTP inner child lol? Are you suggesting he's an INFJ who wants to be an ESTP then? Like living out his shadow as a superhero?
    In a way.

If I was 100% enthusiastic about everything constantly and loved everyone around me I'd probably act like the tick.

Rogue heart

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I'd say in the 5/6 space. I type him as 6w5.

Edit: I think an 8 in Breaking Bad would be someone like Mike. He's in the 8/9 area.
    I'm not sure I'm ready to rule out Walter as an 8, but I agree with you about Mike being an 8w9. Oh, and what about Hank he strikes me as a possible 8w7 maybe?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The Godfather:

Michael Corleone: INTJ 8w9 sp/so
    Vito Corleone: INFJ 8w9 sp/sx with a strong 9 wing
    Santino "Sonny" Corleone: ESFP 8w7 sx/so

The Sopranos:

Tony Soprano: ESTJ 8w7 sx/so
    Paulie Gaultieri: ESTJ 8w9 so/sx

Can't think of more specific 8s from The Sopranos, but the entire atmosphere created seems to be a breeding ground for Social Eights.

Game of Thrones:

Tywin Lannister: ENTJ 8w9 sp/so
    Oberyn Martell: ESTP 8w7 sx/sp
    Robert Baratheon: ESxP 8w7 sx/so
    Ramsay: ESTP 8w7 of some sort

Bill from Kill Bill: INTP 8w9 sp/sx

Darn. I can't think of a lot of them right now...but I know they exist.
    INTJ | 5w6 (sw 4w5) > 8w9 (sw 9w1) > 2w1 sp/so

I put the Ni in Nightmare

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Must it always be about movies and cable series?

Lord Foul in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
    Angus Thermopyle from the Gap Cycle.
    Holt Fasner from the Gap Cycle.

From Books/movies
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Lamont Cranston, the Shadow.
    Stewie Griffin
    Voldemort
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”