• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Fictional Examples of 8s

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think Jeff Winger from Community is an 8.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Al Swearengen is an ENTJ 8w7 so/sp.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Harry Potter is definitely an 8w9

How? He's extremely 8 in the books, in the movies though, he's not 8-ish at all.

I was on another thread about this, where I listed him as a possible 8w9 at first, but then a few people pointed out how he is a 6, as he was trying to recreate the family structure for guidance, and looking to various authorities to tell him what to do. I think it's a good argument for him as a Cp-6.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Palpatine is a 5.

Interesting assessment. =)

Explain?

Edit: Sorry, I was too impulsive. I saw your explanation later in the thread afterwards.

I want to say, though, it is true that 5s are concerned with power. They do have a type 8 soul-child as well - people forget this too easily. 5s can be even more purely power-hungry than 8s in a way; 8s have that soul-child 2 underneath. ;)

Any 5 will tell you knowledge is power, and knowledge is what they seek, so...

Nicki

Retired
I was on another thread about this, where I listed him as a possible 8w9 at first, but then a few people pointed out how he is a 6, as he was trying to recreate the family structure for guidance, and looking to various authorities to tell him what to do. I think it's a good argument for him as a Cp-6.

Yeah, he's either a 9w8 or cp6w7. Both make a lot of sense. I'm leaning towards 9w8.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An 8w9 that comes to mind is Alucard. There's a slight possibility that I could see Hei from Darker Than Black as 8w7 but somehow I doubt it. Anakin struck me as an ISFP by the way, based on how I remember him. I think Dante in the new DmC game is a good candidate for ISFP 8w7 too. Also, Vi from League of Legends is most definitely an ESTP 8w7. Then I pretty much ran out of ideas. Scratch that. I also want to add Zaraki Kenpachi as an ISTP 8w7.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The Tick

Doom Marine (in the comic at least)
41166-141623-page03jpg-620x.jpg

Jayne Cobb (Firefly)

Daenera

Rogue heart
What about Walter White form Breaking Bad? I think he's an 8, but I'm not sure about the wing, I've seen people type him as a 8w7 or and 8w9 , but also some tend to think he's E5 of E6.

Burger King

What about Walter White form Breaking Bad? I think he's an 8, but I'm not sure about the wing, I've seen people type him as a 8w7 or and 8w9 , but also some tend to think he's E5 of E6.

I'd say in the 5/6 space. I type him as 6w5.

Edit: I think an 8 in Breaking Bad would be someone like Mike. He's in the 8/9 area.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], just listening to the first seconds of that clip you linked makes me think The Tick is a 1 the way he's talking about moral righteousness and how he's the only one capable of living up to them. Sounds like superego ideals. He is going to fix the world. 8s don't possess that kind of mindset. They just try to survive. Alternatively watching further in, I could also see an argument for CP6 because he's definitely barking louder than he bites. Well, superego type anyway. I don't see the 8-ness there.

I have to say I see a similar pattern with Jayne, although there I definitely lean towards 1. Unhealthy controlled, superego-energy anyway. Also, the way he racks down on people and criticize them is more of an unhealthy superego type thing than id thing. 8s are more of a living-let-live. Ids don't need to prove they are awesome by telling others or criticizing others, they already know. Study and compare to Dante's simple living-let-live attitude. Why should he care or be concerned? He's just another guy living in the gutter trying to have some fun and get by. It's also interesting to note how he clearly startes to integrate towards 2 as he gets more involved but most importantly, starts taking a liking towards Kat. He still doesn't care much about people as a whole. He has no connection to them. He cares about Kat though.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION], just listening to the first seconds of that clip you linked makes me think The Tick is a 1 the way he's talking about moral righteousness and how he's the only one capable of living up to them. Sounds like superego ideals. He is going to fix the world. 8s don't possess that kind of mindset. They just try to survive. Alternatively watching further in, I could also see an argument for CP6 because he's definitely barking louder than he bites. Well, superego type anyway. I don't see the 8-ness there.

I have to say I see a similar pattern with Jayne, although there I definitely lean towards 1. Unhealthy controlled, superego-energy anyway. Also, the way he racks down on people and criticize them is more of an unhealthy superego type thing than id thing. 8s are more of a living-let-live. Ids don't need to prove they are awesome by telling others or criticizing others, they already know. Study and compare to Dante's simple living-let-live attitude. Why should he care or be concerned? He's just another guy living in the gutter trying to have some fun and get by. It's also interesting to note how he clearly startes to integrate towards 2 as he gets more involved but most importantly, starts taking a liking towards Kat. He still doesn't care much about people as a whole. He has no connection to them. He cares about Kat though.

Eh, I picked jayne mostly because he just wants to fight people constantly, haha.

The tick is a full on ESTP exaggeration. Whether or not that's a 1 or 8 I suppose is up for debate. He's completely ESTP inner child though.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, I picked jayne mostly because he just wants to fight people constantly, haha.

The tick is a full on ESTP exaggeration. Whether or not that's a 1 or 8 I suppose is up for debate. He's completely ESTP inner child though.

ESTP inner child lol? Are you suggesting he's an INFJ who wants to be an ESTP then? Like living out his shadow as a superhero?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESTP inner child lol? Are you suggesting he's an INFJ who wants to be an ESTP then? Like living out his shadow as a superhero?

In a way.

If I was 100% enthusiastic about everything constantly and loved everyone around me I'd probably act like the tick.

Daenera

Rogue heart
I'd say in the 5/6 space. I type him as 6w5.

Edit: I think an 8 in Breaking Bad would be someone like Mike. He's in the 8/9 area.

I'm not sure I'm ready to rule out Walter as an 8, but I agree with you about Mike being an 8w9. Oh, and what about Hank he strikes me as a possible 8w7 maybe? :shrug:

knowledge827

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Godfather:

Michael Corleone: INTJ 8w9 sp/so
Vito Corleone: INFJ 8w9 sp/sx with a strong 9 wing
Santino "Sonny" Corleone: ESFP 8w7 sx/so

The Sopranos:

Tony Soprano: ESTJ 8w7 sx/so
Paulie Gaultieri: ESTJ 8w9 so/sx

Can't think of more specific 8s from The Sopranos, but the entire atmosphere created seems to be a breeding ground for Social Eights.

Game of Thrones:

Tywin Lannister: ENTJ 8w9 sp/so
Oberyn Martell: ESTP 8w7 sx/sp
Robert Baratheon: ESxP 8w7 sx/so
Ramsay: ESTP 8w7 of some sort

Bill from Kill Bill: INTP 8w9 sp/sx

Darn. I can't think of a lot of them right now...but I know they exist.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Must it always be about movies and cable series?

Lord Foul in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
Angus Thermopyle from the Gap Cycle.
Holt Fasner from the Gap Cycle.

From Books/movies
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
Lamont Cranston, the Shadow.
Stewie Griffin
Voldemort