User Tag List

First 12

A_priori

I'm a 4w1 and winding down and relaxing is so difficult for me. I find that I have a lot of ideas and always like to keep busy and productive. Relaxing is so important and I can't even imagine if I was a 1wx.. One thing that I have learned is to find ways to chanel my energy, I do so by keeping busy and accomplishing stuff that builds me up. This is when I am most relaxed, when I have done something meaningful during my day. So it's almost like I have to be working towards something to be satisfied in order to relax. As strange as that sounds..

A_priori

I'm a 4w1 and winding down and relaxing is so difficult for me. I find that I have a lot of ideas and always like to keep busy and productive. Relaxing is so important and I can't even imagine if I was a 1wx.. One thing that I have learned is to find ways to chanel my energy, I do so by keeping busy and accomplishing stuff that builds me up. This is when I am most relaxed, when I have done something meaningful during my day. So it's almost like I have to be working towards something to be satisfied in order to relax. As strange as that sounds.. I think that 1s have to learn to lower the bar.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Relaxation is over-rated. I love working, creating, exploring new horizons, pushing the intellectual envelop, etc. I exercise vigorously to keep my stamina up, and attitude positive. It just dawned on me, running at least an hour a day is my relaxation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

When I was a child I was really into roller coasters and other adrenaline-heavy activities because it pulled me into experiencing and enjoying the moment. Now I try to just commit to valuable procrastinating when I feel like I don't want to work. I commit to spending that time outside or going out with friends and joyfully doing something.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by A_priori View Post
    I'm a 4w1 and winding down and relaxing is so difficult for me. I find that I have a lot of ideas and always like to keep busy and productive. Relaxing is so important and I can't even imagine if I was a 1wx.. One thing that I have learned is to find ways to chanel my energy, I do so by keeping busy and accomplishing stuff that builds me up. This is when I am most relaxed, when I have done something meaningful during my day. So it's almost like I have to be working towards something to be satisfied in order to relax. As strange as that sounds..
    This sounds right, I still don't know if i'm a 1 though...i think it's cause i don't want to be a one lol ...dammit
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Neutralpov View Post
    well and I think relaxing things are the things where my mind is engaged so that it is quiet from planning and thinking but more engaged in a fun book or intuitive project for me. that is a positive form of relaxation even though it doesn't look relaxing to some people. also sleep! nothing shuts the brain down like hard sleep after you have run yourself ragged mentally
    This sounds like me. I don't know if I have a hard time having fun, but what I deem fun probably isn't considered fun by everyone.

Somehow, when there's something familiar that I know I enjoy, or something out there that could possibly be fun, but it's uncertain how it will turn out, I'm more likely to pick what's familiar to me.

Usually I have a ton of leisure "projects" waiting for any time I have left over - photography, learning to play some of the other instruments I own, watching DVDs on topics that are related to my interests, reading books etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I schedule it in. I have difficulty being moderate in most activities I do. If I work, I devote 100% and when I play, I play 100%. Scheduling helps to secure a slot for madness in a year filled with productivity.
    Last edited by Savitri; 09-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    I schedule it in. I have difficulty being moderate in most activities I do. If I work, I devout 100% and when I play, I play 100%. Scheduling helps to secure a slot for madness in a year filled with productivity.
    yea I should probably start to do this...I'm definately the same way though, if I do play(it's not often) I'm 100% all play and I work more so I'm definately 100%

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    yea I should probably start to do this...I'm definately the same way though, if I do play(it's not often) I'm 100% all play and I work more so I'm definately 100%
    Looks like you're contemplating on a 1 core? It will hinge on why you do it this way. Although, sometimes the reasons are entirely irrelevant to type.

However, I believe the reasons why I schedule this is connected to my core. I've always done things with all effort. I don't believe in doing something I want to do half-assed. I do not think it fair for myself (wasting time) or others (wasting their time) to not be 100% present on the activity. If I go in, I go all in. If I find myself giving less, then the activity/person/goal needs to be questioned and perhaps cut or saved for a later time.

lol I do envy those who can do it both fluidly. But, friends have told me that I am quite generous with the drinks (and generous with my own intake lol) and offer a pretty spontaneous fun vacation when I'm with them. It makes up the other 350 days I am not hahaha.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    Looks like you're contemplating on a 1 core? It will hinge on why you do it this way. Although, sometimes the reasons are entirely irrelevant to type.

However, I believe the reasons why I schedule this is connected to my core. I've always done things with all effort. I don't believe in doing something I want to do half-assed. I do not think it fair for myself (wasting time) or others (wasting their time) to not be 100% present on the activity. If I go in, I go all in. If I find myself giving less, then the activity/person/goal needs to be questioned and perhaps cut or saved for a later time.

lol I do envy those who can do it both fluidly. But, friends have told me that I am quite generous with the drinks (and generous with my own intake lol) and offer a pretty spontaneous fun vacation when I'm with them. It makes up the other 350 days I am not hahaha.
    Hmm all or nothng sounds like the J in ENTJ...I know that is what it's like for me...I am on fence about 6, 1, or 3 for enneagram though. Yea I mean, that last sentence sound a lot like me lol...I'm still fun when I put my mind to it...or clear my mind..whatever lol...Either way I think I might be a one becuase when I do something I want to do it right, so I can try to perfect things alot. :/

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12