User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I don't think you have to be an Sx to have the desire for merging, intimacy, and finding your soul mate. I very much want those things, yet I'm fairly certain I'm Sx last. I decided that because I when I talk with my friends, I don't really approach it like an Sx would by trying to find out everything about that person and exchange intimate secrets. I mostly do it to be friendly and maintain relationships. I think that is the one of the main differences between Sx and So.
    Interesting. It doesn't have to be secrets, and the person doesn't have to be a lover for the connecting tendency to kick in. It's not just on a romantic level, not in the least.

Enneagram
    5w4

1) What is your type (5w4 or 5w6) and instinctual variant, and how positive are you that your variant is accurate?
    I'm 5w4. I haven't been studying instinct variants for long but for now I think I'm sp/sx.

2) How would you describe your overall focus when alone versus in social situations?
    I cherish my time alone. I'm sure I'm not special in this regard though. Obviously when by myself, I don't have to spend much energy catering to another person. One thing I will mention is that I'm probably too comfortable alone...to the point where I can't seriously imagine myself in a close relationship where I have to share myself, my time and my own comfort. I think I'm more selfish than most people in that regard.

3) How would you describe your interaction style when in a group?
    Like many others here, I'm never the centre of attention unless someone does it for me. I'm a smiling observer who is naturally invisible. Though I sometimes wonder why I'm "not like other people", I don't try hard to fit in groups, nor do I deliberately separate myself. "Fitting in" is just not something I'm too interested in and never really felt pressured about. I just accept the fact that I don't fit in like others and focus on more relevant/worthy areas in my life.
    On the other hand, I love family groups and family get-togethers but perhaps that is Sx rather than So.

4) How would you describe your interaction style in one-on-one situations?
    I ask a lot of questions, sometimes enthusiastically. People do love talking about themselves and I take advantage of that. It does depend on my chemistry with the other person, but I'm rather good at making others feel like they themselves are really fascinating...which they often are. (Often, it's nice when there's a 3rd person so there's less pressure and more things to bounce off of.) I myself don't reveal much.
    I must point out that I don't have any best or close friends that I can tell deep dark secrets to. I just don't trust anyone enough...and it's this same reason that I have never been intimate with anyone. It's something I secretly desire but no one knows because for some reason, I put on a front that I don't NEED a special someone.

5) How well does this description of your variant fit you?
    It fits me well. But this line from the So/Sp description: "They can really be content to adopt the role of “people watcher,” but they do it from a closer and closer perspective. Their blind spot revolves around the fact that they tend to convince themselves they can get along just fine in the observer role. It does feel safer to them" fits me uncannily...although it could be describing an Sp/Sx too.

6) How did you decide on your variant? Was there anything that gave it away, or else made you change your mind from what you previously thought it was?
    I made a thread about it here. It was helpful when @VagrantFarce here said a Sx person can seem asexual or reluctant towards intimacy. I'm extremely frigid when it comes to the idea of even being thought of as sexual, and I have an invisible wall to keep people from coming too close. These are strong thoughts/instincts withint me and seems to support my Sx variant rather than not. On the other hand, I think my social instinct is last because, well, it just don't bother me or occupy my thoughts much.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    I just accept the fact that I don't fit in like others and focus on more relevant/worthy areas in my life.
    Wait, what is relevant/worthy in your life? I'm asking because I wonder if finding instinct preference is as easy as that, and if you describe something about security, comfort, having your needs, etc. and things of that sort, then I can't help but think I'm an Sx-dom because what's the most worthy and valuable thing to me in my life are my interpersonal relationships, finding what's important to me that are not material (such as love and compassion), and, most importantly, a significant other whom I love and can have an ideal relationship with and spend romantic/intimate time with her a lot, etc.

MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Wait, what is relevant/worthy in your life? I'm asking because I wonder if finding instinct preference is as easy as that, and if you describe something about security, comfort, having your needs, etc. and things of that sort, then I can't help but think I'm an Sx-dom because what's the most worthy and valuable thing to me in my life are my interpersonal relationships, finding what's important to me that are not material (such as love and compassion), and, most importantly, a significant other whom I love and can have an ideal relationship with and spend romantic/intimate time with her a lot, etc.

I don't think it's that simple. If Sp's are all about material possessions and comfort, and your main instinct is what you consider worthy and valuable, then I feel like being an Sp is like saying I'm superficial and materialistic. I consider people and relationships far more valuable than material things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't think it's that simple. If Sp's are all about material possessions and comfort, and your main instinct is what you consider worthy and valuable, then I feel like being an Sp is like saying I'm superficial and materialistic. I consider people and relationships far more valuable than material things.
    Perhaps it's reason why we value certain things? Or perhaps I just don't understand instinct theory at all.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Perhaps it's reason why we value certain things? Or perhaps I just don't understand instinct theory at all.
    Yeah, this whole instinct theory is about the hardest part of the enneagram. I don't really get it either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

1) What is your type (5w4 or 5w6) and instinctual variant, and how positive are you that your variant is accurate?
    so/sp e54.

2) How would you describe your overall focus when alone versus in social situations?
    When alone, I spend all my time looking for new information, reformulating hypotheses, pondering existential reality. Focus tends to be on abstract mental constructs assembled over the years, replacing / adjusting joints on the fly.

3) How would you describe your interaction style when in a group?
    I'm mostly silent, gently grinning, more than likely wearing sunglasses, as eye activity reveals way too much information. Occasionally address an entire group, assuming we're discussing ideas I'm interested in.

4) How would you describe your interaction style in one-on-one situations?
    Compared to most other arrangements, pretty awkward, but feel more in my element if it's a one-on-one in a public environment rather than private; allows me to draw attention to surrounding, always interesting social dynamics.

5) How well does this description of your variant fit you?
    Alright? I'm no expert, but have insightful / meaningful ideas worth mentioning to the right people. It comes naturally to station myself for a few hours to take notes for my records for no reason. so/sp e56 intpjs are the experts.

6) How did you decide on your variant? Was there anything that gave it away, or else made you change your mind from what you previously thought it was?
    I thought it was strange how my sp/so e54 intp buddy seemed uber stingy with his resources, more than me, then realized we weren't as similar as I thought, just enough to catch on. Much like the socionics ego-superego shadow relation, I found that the sx/sp way of thinking was actually pretty complimentary, different, both looking to feed some immediate interest. Also am unfettered by criticism, unlike sx/sps, so I expose them to ways in which the world is an amazing thing to live in, while they provide a darker portrait, interesting in itself.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    I thought it was strange how my sp/so e54 intp buddy seemed uber stingy with his resources, more than me, then realized we weren't as similar as I thought, just enough to catch on.
    Really? I'm the same type and variant as that person, yet I'm not stingy with my resources at all. I like sharing--in fact, about the only thing I wouldn't share is my computer. I wonder if stinginess really has anything to do with your instinctual variant.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

As the 5w4 Sp-dom, all I can say to that is there are never enough resources available. "Where's the right tool to fix this? I never seem to have one." Feeling resourceless buys into this quest which is never resolved. Money? What's that. Some resource other people seem to have in great quantity.

So it's not superficial materialism. It's a need for resources that are never available.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    As the 5w4 Sp-dom, all I can say to that is there are never enough resources available. "Where's the right tool to fix this? I never seem to have one." Feeling resourceless buys into this quest which is never resolved. Money? What's that.
    Hmmm...I don't feel resourceless. I have all the things I need. I wonder if this could indicate Sp second rather than Sp first?