User Tag List

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default E5 and INFP. Rough deal?

Isn't that a pretty crap deal, when you think about it?
    I mean we feel intensely and have trouble expressing it and we malfunction regularly, and short circuit when the feelings get just a little too much? And then you realize you had no idea that you felt that way or that strongly in the first place?Usually at the most inconvenient time possible. I mean, we don't even really get the benefit of the classic INFP self reflection, even though, I do contemplate my navel a lot.
    What say you?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

But 5w4s (which I guess the vast majority of INFP 5s are) are the iconoclasts. I think of them as the butt-kicking INFPs; they have all the emotional intensity and complexity combined with greater self-confidence and courage to take the world on.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Can definitely be incompetent, particularly if I'm unfamiliar with the environment or have too much information rushing in at once. Feeling overwhelmed or drained can interrupt thinking. Fully aware of ambiguities but try to limit leaking those into decision-making. So much intermingling upstairs that it can be difficult to function under the described circumstances.

It's strange wire to tiptoe, wanting human connections but not having the resources to follow through on the notion, though having plenty of time to discover, speculate, and theorize without our subconscious requiring approval like other infps is a fair tradeoff, cuz then you learn to track your growth, capitalize on otherwise hidden opportunities.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Isn't that a pretty crap deal, when you think about it?
    I mean we feel intensely and have trouble expressing it and we malfunction regularly, and short circuit when the feelings get just a little too much? And then you realize you had no idea that you felt that way or that strongly in the first place?Usually at the most inconvenient time possible. I mean, we don't even really get the benefit of the classic INFP self reflection, even though, I do contemplate my navel a lot.
    What say you?
    Rubbish. All fives feel intensely and have trouble expressing it and malfunction regularly, and short circuit when the feelings get just a little too much. Staying in sync with your emotions "out in the open" is the central challenge that Fives face in life.
    Hello

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Rubbish. All fives feel intensely and have trouble expressing it and malfunction regularly, and short circuit when the feelings get just a little too much. Staying in sync with your emotions "out in the open" is the central challenge that Fives face in life.
    I think you misinterpret my intent. It was merely an observation. Nor a statement that I think NT's are any less intense.
    It was more a statement about how the classic profile of INFP is associated with greater congruency between their inner emotional life and their external expression. I was just musing, and probably expressed my self more emotionally than I intended, as I often do.
    Also it was also me following a tangent thought I had in the e5 and intimacy thread. One doesn't usually associate sticky and badly formed emotional responses with NF's normally, there's a tendency to be more sophisticated in expression and it was that concept that I wanted to ponder.

Southern Cross,
    You made me feel a tiny bit awesome.

Sleuthiness,
    That wire is pretty strange to tiptoe. It's so much easier when people just accept it is what is. Whilst I don't "need" approval, I like acceptance.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]