• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INFP 4w3?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
4w3 are aestetic and unique in their manifestation, with workhaolic tendencies. This is not you.

And if I were to show you some artistic creations and artistic ideas of mine, would you be inclined to change your mind on that matter?

It's not what i do.

So you're also typing me based of my questionaires and one time video (for the record, that video is not an accurate portrayl of me)?

Yes, and I tell it with honesty.

Because I love to repeat myself

And no, don't say 'duhhh yes it's an objective fact' because in all honesty that betrays a great notion of stupidity.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And if I were to show you some artistic creations and artistic ideas of mine, would you be inclined to change your mind on that matter?

You can have talent for art, that does'nt mean you are 4w3.

So you're also typing me based of my questionaires and one time video

Yes.

Because I love to repeat myself

People who love to repeat themselves are always annoying.

B

brainheart

So , speed, based in your limited interaction with me on here, what do you peg me to be, if you would be kind enough to indulge me here.

Just curious. :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can have talent for art, that does'nt mean you are 4w3.

And what if I said that my art was a means of expressing my subtle feelings in such a manner so that people can know me for who I am?

And regardless of any other reason I could possibly give, you think that those two factors basically sum me up perfectly?

People who love to repeat themselves are always annoying.

I really don't like you.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So , speed, based in your limited interaction with me on here, what do you peg me to be, if you would be kind enough to indulge me here.

Just curious. :)

I'd say 4w5 Sp/Sx. Eventually Sx/Sp.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what if I said that my art was a means of expressing my subtle feelings in such a manner so that people can know me for who I am?

I'd say fine, but that does'nt mean you are 4w3. 4 is Envy and Melancholy, don't see that in you.

And regardless of any other reason I could possibly give, you think that those two factors basically sum me up perfectly?

It's enough to eject 4w3 out of your potential typing.

I really don't like you.

Very well.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean by eventually? You thought I was sp/sx then changed your mind to sx/sp?

Why w5 instead of w3?

I meant possibly Sx/Sp, sorry. :biggrin: I hardly see you other than 4w5, especially after reading your writing. w5 because you seem austere, reflective and thrifty of your energy, not genteel and diva like 4w3.

B

brainheart

I meant possibly Sx/Sp, sorry. :biggrin: I hardly see you other than 4w5, especially after reading your writing. w5 because you seem austere, reflective and thrifty of your energy, not genteel and diva like 4w3.

Ok, thank you but sometimes I wonder how much that has to do with mood stabilizers, age, and hard lessons learned. I used to be very energetic and motivated. Many people consider me genteel, refined in real life and then they get to know me and realize I'm very, um, open.i change a bit depending on who I'm around, I'm adaptable in that way. But I get what you're saying, for sure. Not a diva, definitely not a diva...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say fine, but that does'nt mean you are 4w3. 4 is Envy and Melancholy, don't see that in you.

Not entirely rue; unhealthy 4's may definitely embody those traits, but those adjectives alone are not the sole defining feature of what the 4 is.

It's enough to eject 4w3 out of your potential typing.

Yeah, because my desire to be remembered by humanity for all of history couldn't possibly be related to that at all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not entirely rue; unhealthy 4's may definitely embody those traits, but those adjectives alone are not the sole defining feature of what the 4 is.

Even healty 4 embody these traits, but are also balanced with equanimity. A fragile balance though.

Yeah, because my desire to be remembered by humanity for all of history couldn't possibly be related to that at all.

Megalomany is not a specific trait of 4.

B

brainheart

Okay so back to the thread's point: so what makes you think 4w3, si? For me, I relate much to this creation of the ideal self and needing external validation of it being ideal. I really looked up to my 5w4 and 6w5 dad so I think I tried hard to be like them. I feel like with the 4w3 you are constantly between two forces of bring true to myself and what do people think, am I getting the sort of reaction I want to be getting. I suppose it depends on the instinctual stacking, what kind of success you want, for me it's been be a wonderful, genre breaking writer, filmmaker and be very attractive, interesting, desirable to those I want to attract. Unfortunately my attention often goes more toward the latter pursuit. My fear of failure often paralyzes me: I don't want to do something unless I can be great at it.

I think people get this idea in their head that w3 means you aren't interested in intellectual pursuits, learning. I think that is a major fallacy which makes lots of infps think they're 4w5s.

B

brainheart

Also, it seems more likely to me that a w3 would question their type than a w5.

B

brainheart

I see the points both si and sg are making, and what it boils down to is... A four is going to give off a four vibe. If you don't get a four vibe at all, chances are the person isn't a four. All of the people who are typed as four on the pastebin list very much give off four vibes. There can be differences, even in the stacking- (maria callas and winona ryder), but there's still the four. And what is that, precisely? A sort of preciousness, melancholy, this aura of ' there is no one out there quite like me, which is both my badge and the cross I bear." Fours like to talk and write and think about themselves, not so much because they're narcissists but because their filter, their emotional reaction to things is how they perceive the world.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see the points both si and sg are making, and what it boils down to is... A four is going to give off a four vibe. If you don't get a four vibe at all, chances are the person isn't a four. All of the people who are typed as four on the pastebin list very much give off four vibes. There can be differences, even in the stacking- (maria callas and winona ryder), but there's still the four. And what is that, precisely? A sort of preciousness, melancholy, this aura of ' there is no one out there quite like me, which is both my badge and the cross I bear." Fours like to talk and write and think about themselves, not so much because they're narcissists but because their filter, their emotional reaction to things is how they perceive the world.

Yes. :yes: You express this very well. Actually, we are lot in writing descriptions on this site, and it's fine, but we should'nt forget that Enneagram is at first a narrativce and oral tradition. And it's what is recreated in Enneagram workshops: people of a specific type are gathered in the same round and start to speak about themselves.

At the beginning, they don't seem to specially have anything in common, but progressively their superficial differences fade and the "point" is visible more clearly. It can be really surprinsing. But each types realease a specific vibe, and theses vibes are finally really evident. It's exactly what we see in the pastebin list. This why I think that make so much sense and that it's an awesome work.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But each types realease a specific vibe, and theses vibes are finally really evident.

Is 6 the only type that releases a nervous vibe? Because whatever type releases that vibe, that's my type.

B

brainheart

Thanks, speed. And on that note, I watched those paste bin clips months ago and thought, "what? I relate to the 4w3s way more!" It threw me for a loop, the 4w3s seemed more pleasant, adaptable, the 4w5s seemed so depressed and rigid in their thinking..." That's just the vibe I got, and it surprised me because I thought I was so clearly a 4w5.