First 678910 Last

Thread: INFP 4w3?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Not entirely rue; unhealthy 4's may definitely embody those traits, but those adjectives alone are not the sole defining feature of what the 4 is.
    Even healty 4 embody these traits, but are also balanced with equanimity. A fragile balance though.

Yeah, because my desire to be remembered by humanity for all of history couldn't possibly be related to that at all.
    Megalomany is not a specific trait of 4.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

brainheart

Okay so back to the thread's point: so what makes you think 4w3, si? For me, I relate much to this creation of the ideal self and needing external validation of it being ideal. I really looked up to my 5w4 and 6w5 dad so I think I tried hard to be like them. I feel like with the 4w3 you are constantly between two forces of bring true to myself and what do people think, am I getting the sort of reaction I want to be getting. I suppose it depends on the instinctual stacking, what kind of success you want, for me it's been be a wonderful, genre breaking writer, filmmaker and be very attractive, interesting, desirable to those I want to attract. Unfortunately my attention often goes more toward the latter pursuit. My fear of failure often paralyzes me: I don't want to do something unless I can be great at it.

I think people get this idea in their head that w3 means you aren't interested in intellectual pursuits, learning. I think that is a major fallacy which makes lots of infps think they're 4w5s.

brainheart

Also, it seems more likely to me that a w3 would question their type than a w5.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Unfortunately my attention often goes more toward the latter pursuit.
    That's always something I admire.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

brainheart

I see the points both si and sg are making, and what it boils down to is... A four is going to give off a four vibe. If you don't get a four vibe at all, chances are the person isn't a four. All of the people who are typed as four on the pastebin list very much give off four vibes. There can be differences, even in the stacking- (maria callas and winona ryder), but there's still the four. And what is that, precisely? A sort of preciousness, melancholy, this aura of ' there is no one out there quite like me, which is both my badge and the cross I bear." Fours like to talk and write and think about themselves, not so much because they're narcissists but because their filter, their emotional reaction to things is how they perceive the world.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I see the points both si and sg are making, and what it boils down to is... A four is going to give off a four vibe. If you don't get a four vibe at all, chances are the person isn't a four. All of the people who are typed as four on the pastebin list very much give off four vibes. There can be differences, even in the stacking- (maria callas and winona ryder), but there's still the four. And what is that, precisely? A sort of preciousness, melancholy, this aura of ' there is no one out there quite like me, which is both my badge and the cross I bear." Fours like to talk and write and think about themselves, not so much because they're narcissists but because their filter, their emotional reaction to things is how they perceive the world.
    Yes. You express this very well. Actually, we are lot in writing descriptions on this site, and it's fine, but we should'nt forget that Enneagram is at first a narrativce and oral tradition. And it's what is recreated in Enneagram workshops: people of a specific type are gathered in the same round and start to speak about themselves.

At the beginning, they don't seem to specially have anything in common, but progressively their superficial differences fade and the "point" is visible more clearly. It can be really surprinsing. But each types realease a specific vibe, and theses vibes are finally really evident. It's exactly what we see in the pastebin list. This why I think that make so much sense and that it's an awesome work.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    But each types realease a specific vibe, and theses vibes are finally really evident.
    Is 6 the only type that releases a nervous vibe? Because whatever type releases that vibe, that's my type.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

brainheart

Thanks, speed. And on that note, I watched those paste bin clips months ago and thought, "what? I relate to the 4w3s way more!" It threw me for a loop, the 4w3s seemed more pleasant, adaptable, the 4w5s seemed so depressed and rigid in their thinking..." That's just the vibe I got, and it surprised me because I thought I was so clearly a 4w5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Is 6 the only type that releases a nervous vibe? Because whatever type releases that vibe, that's my type.
    I think type 6 fits you really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    But each types realease a specific vibe, and theses vibes are finally really evident.
    Just curious, what is 5's vibe like?