User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: INFP 4w3?

  1. #31
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Really, my ultimate goal in life is a nice and simple way of describing the 4w3? Thank you!
    No. The "ultimate goal in life" is not a pertinent way to determine a type.

    Also, I honestly can't stand the dramaness associated with 4w3; 4's of both variety can be emotionally subtle and introverted without the envy or temper tantrums of children.
    Dramaness is associated with 4w3 with reason, because they are about drama, if you are no dramatic, you are not 4w3, that's all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No. Enneagram is not about your motivation, it is about the way you perceive the world, and the mental fixation and the passion who naturally rise from this.
    Bull, the enneagram is primarily about ones fear in the world, and how their motivations arise from it.

    No. They are authentic manifestations of the type. 4w3 don't act all the same way, but every release a specific vibe that you don't release.
    No, the thing is I can't be sure if those people are truly 4w3 just because you say they are; the same can be said of others typing of famous people: I would need either observation or evidence to fully beleive the claims of anyone (and granted my purpose was to probably research these famous individuals listed to see for myself what their personalities are like).

    Also, what evidence is there that types release a certain 'vibe'?

    There's others people who share the same type than you, but they are not 4w3.
    I meant that, that the people you listed could also be of different JCF, socionic, and instinctual varients as opposed to me, which would make us look very different despite being the same enneagram.

    No.
    I could really say the same about you actually.

    You look nothing like him.
    I'll know that for myself when I search up on him.

    No. The "ultimate goal in life" is not a pertinent way to determine a type.
    Bullshit it isn't; the enneagram is primarily based on ones fear/desire complex in life; 5's fear threats of outer world - thus gain knowledge and competence to combat it; 1's fear imperfection and corruption - thus desire high moral standard and righteousness; 2's fear being unloved - thus love other, etc.

    My ultimate goal (aside from more contemporary ones) is a motivation for authentic recognition; I fear that I will die virtually forgotten; a nobody in the endless sea of history. In all that I want to do, I really want to make sure that my unique presence here in the world will be known, thus giving my life meaning beyond mere existnetial means. That fits in line with the 4 desire.

    Dramaness is associated with 4w3 with reason, because they are about drama, if you are no dramatic, you are not 4w3, that's all.
    That's nonsensical stereotyping, and in fact, the very rigid personality bullshit that I oppose in every level; yes a personality system shouldn't be overly basic, otherwise it doesn't do its job of accurate typing, but it 18 types cannot alone describe people to such a perfect degree. This is why I have problmes with a lot of descriptions that say type 4 is X, Y, Z, even though the connection between the 4 desire and XYZ personality traits isn't necessarily true or even based on any empiracal data whatso ever.

    Or better yet, please cite where 4w3 is considered to be 'the drama queen' archtype.

  3. #33
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    My ultimate goal (aside from more contemporary ones) is a motivation for authentic recognition; I fear that I will die virtually forgotten; a nobody in the endless sea of history. In all that I want to do, I really want to make sure that my unique presence here in the world will be known, thus giving my life meaning beyond mere existnetial means. That fits in line with the 4 desire.
    On a side note, you last had yourself typed as a Type 1, so perhaps you thought you were a 1 because you were a 4 integrated to 1?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    On a side note, you last had yourself typed as a Type 1, so perhaps you thought you were a 1 because you were a 4 integrated to 1?
    That would be indeed another reason for why I may be 4.

  5. #35
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    SI, you are a waste of time.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #36
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Bullshit it isn't; the enneagram is primarily based on ones fear/desire complex in life; 5's fear threats of outer world - thus gain knowledge and competence to combat it; 1's fear imperfection and corruption - thus desire high moral standard and righteousness; 2's fear being unloved - thus love other, etc.
    actually, that's more 8's connection to 5 than a true 5. knowledge in this instance is another form of power "if I can't beat you with force, I'ma get strategic on yo ass!" an 8 fears a more powerful force taking them over and them loosing control of their lives and actions because of it.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #37
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, that's more 8's connection to 5 than a true 5. knowledge in this instance is another form of power "if I can't beat you with force, I'ma get strategic on yo ass!" an 8 fears a more powerful force taking them over and them loosing control of their lives and actions because of it.
    It could be 5w6 or 6w5, though - gaining security through the power of knowedge.

  8. #38
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    It could be 5w6 or 6w5, though - gaining security through the power of knowedge.
    he was talking about using knowledge to deal with external threats, not for overall security
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    SI, you are a waste of time.
    Oh fuck you.

    You don't even have the decency to back up your assertions with a counter-argument, assertions that aren't even true nor reasonable; if anyone is wasting time, it's you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, that's more 8's connection to 5 than a true 5. knowledge in this instance is another form of power "if I can't beat you with force, I'ma get strategic on yo ass!" an 8 fears a more powerful force taking them over and them loosing control of their lives and actions because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    It could be 5w6 or 6w5, though - gaining security through the power of knowedge.
    Well for the record I was loosely paraphrasing there, although the more I look at it, 5 and 8 do share striking similarities with each other, but that's another argument entirely.

  10. #40
    Member Alternatum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    Ixxx
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I wouldn't rule out 6w7, as it is particularly prone to keep trying on different E-types like exciting new coats. 3, 6 & 9 often have fuzzy identities and if individuality is important (e.g. INFP) can easily become obsessed with self-discovery and defining themselves. Remember also that six is possibly the most varied of types and can be similar in behaviour to any other type.

    But yeah you need to see it for yourself and not just take anyone's word for it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Questions for and about INFPs.
    By Cindyrella in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 12-12-2017, 09:46 AM
  2. [INFP] An INFP's Dilemma or Just Mine?
    By Meursault in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  3. [Enne] Infp 4w3 sx
    By Spitfireginger in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2016, 08:48 PM
  4. [INFP] INFPs, is that you?
    By Tayshaun in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-14-2015, 07:52 PM
  5. [INFP] Questions for INFPs about INFPs
    By marm in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO