• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 4] INFP 4w3?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dramaness is associated with 4w3 with reason, because they are about drama, if you are no dramatic, you are not 4w3, that's all.

The kind of drama is misunderstood. 4s are withdrawn types & a lot of their turbulence is internal. The 4w3 drama is often expressed via some creative expression, through their physical image, etc, not causing drama in their everyday life. The person may use dramatic, poetic language, but not stir drama with other people. People use the word "drama" now to mean someone who stirs unnecessary conflict, not someone with a Romantic flair in their demeanor/lifestyle, and I think the latter is the 4 style of drama.

When it comes to interpersonal drama, like starting problems with people & having a soap opera-like life, I think 6w7s & 7w6s are the prototypes (as I notice they have the most drama in their lives), not 4w3s.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh fuck you.

You don't even have the decency to back up your assertions with a counter-argument

I simply don't have the motivation to have a discussion with you because I know by experience that it's pretty annoying.

And I don't argue with you, I explain you why you are wrong. Problem is that the amount of wrong thing in your posts is so high that I don't want to waste my time answering to this.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The kind of drama is misunderstood. 4s are withdrawn types & a lot of their turbulence is internal. The 4w3 drama is often expressed via some creative expression, through their physical image, etc,

It's exactly how I envisaged it and how it's described, but it's not what SI is about.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The kind of drama is misunderstood. 4s are withdrawn types & a lot of their turbulence is internal. The 4w3 drama is often expressed via some creative expression, through their physical image, etc, not causing drama in their everyday life. The person may use dramatic, poetic language, but not stir drama with other people. People use the word "drama" now to mean someone who stirs unnecessary conflict, not someone with a Romantic flair in their demeanor/lifestyle, and I think the latter is the 4 style of drama.

When it comes to interpersonal drama, like starting problems with people & having a soap opera-like life, I think 6w7s & 7w6s are the prototypes (as I notice they have the most drama in their lives), not 4w3s.

this is why I kind of doubt 4w3 for SI, he's not emotionally turbulent at all. I see 5, 6 or 9 as most likely :yes:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh fuck you. [...]

Ooh, a little fiesty there, are we? Sorry, I'm not trying to chastise you or anything, but I just don't like it when there are hateful comments going on. Not like I would delete it if I was a moderator or anything, though. I'm libertarian, so I have no desire to do that.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly.
Yes, I still think he's 6w7 Sp/So or something.

I forgot 1w2 Sp/So, [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION] hella reminds me of Ron Paul :D he's hard to place though because he lacks blatant enneagram related natural weaknesses
I think the likelihood is
1) 6w7
2) 1w2
3) 5w4

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot 1w2 Sp/So, [MENTION=3518]Savage[/MENTION] hella reminds me of Ron Paul :D he's hard to place though because he lacks blatant enneagram related natural weaknesses
I think the likelihood is
1) 6w7
2) 1w2
3) 5w4

I think he can look like Ron Paul for the Sp/So, but he's more nervous, mental and anti authoritarian with a fun oriented side, 1w2 is controlled, instinctive and more rigid with an histrionic side.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he can look like Ron Paul for the Sp/So, but he's more nervous, mental and anti authoritarian with a fun oriented side, 1w2 is controlled, instinctive and more rigid with an histrionic side.

Ron Paul is kinda nervous and anti authoritarian, Ron Paul is also said to be an aspie, so that could be part of it too :D
that being said, [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION] reminds me so much of Kickass it's not even funny (an INFP 6w7)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had decided that I am a 4w3. But now I'm not so sure!!!! Jesus Christ, will I EVER get my Etype right?

My greatest fear is of being unhappy, and dying before I get to do all the things I want. I also greatly fear that I am full of potential, but not living up to it. I don't have these fears of the 4 when they say, being a no-one. I can be a no-one as long as I am happy and have close friends and family, and get to do lots of fun things. I also enjoy being unique and noticed, but I'd readily give these things up to be happy and connected. What type does that make me? Oh! Also, i have big fears pertaining to unhealthy and dark. I fear unehealthy bodies and mind. I fear negative thoughts (but still have them ofcourse). I fear physical pain. I can also find dark human behaviors very comical, but do not enjoy darkness at all. No S&M, hateful music, disconnection, etc.

Silveresque

I had decided that I am a 4w3. But now I'm not so sure!!!! Jesus Christ, will I EVER get my Etype right?

My greatest fear is of being unhappy, and dying before I get to do all the things I want. I also greatly fear that I am full of potential, but not living up to it. I don't have these fears of the 4 when they say, being a no-one. I can be a no-one as long as I am happy and have close friends and family, and get to do lots of fun things. I also enjoy being unique and noticed, but I'd readily give these things up to be happy and connected. What type does that make me? Oh! Also, i have big fears pertaining to unhealthy and dark. I fear unehealthy bodies and mind. I fear negative thoughts (but still have them ofcourse). I fear physical pain. I can also find dark human behaviors very comical, but do not enjoy darkness at all. No S&M, hateful music, disconnection, etc.

You sound like a 7 to me.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't rule out 6w7, as it is particularly prone to keep trying on different E-types like exciting new coats. 3, 6 & 9 often have fuzzy identities and if individuality is important (e.g. INFP) can easily become obsessed with self-discovery and defining themselves. Remember also that six is possibly the most varied of types and can be similar in behaviour to any other type.

But yeah you need to see it for yourself and not just take anyone's word for it.

Indeed; those who do seem to move around the enneagram a lot seem to be (in my opinion) either 9's or 6's (whom are somewhat general and all-ecompassing) or 4's who seem unsure of their true identity.

SI:

Off the wagon to say I recommend this site: http://russellrowe.com/the_enneagram_type_test.htm

good, thorough info.

Oooo, interesting, thanks. :yes:

I simply don't have the motivation to have a discussion with you because I know by experience that it's pretty annoying.

I'm sorry, when has discussion with me in the past ever been 'pretty annoying' to you?

And I don't argue with you, I explain you why you are wrong. Problem is that the amount of wrong thing in your posts is so high that I don't want to waste my time answering to this.

*facepalm* Just forget it, you're wasting my time if anything else.

It's exactly how I envisaged it and how it's described, but it's not what SI is about.

Why not? You don't know exactly how I feel on the inside, so how can you be so sure that I don't have desires to express emotional feelings at all?

this is why I kind of doubt 4w3 for SI, he's not emotionally turbulent at all. I see 5, 6 or 9 as most likely :yes:

Actually I realted a lot to what [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] mention there; my emotional feelings are not expressed everywhere I go, and I fear about exactly where I could express them.

Ooh, a little fiesty there, are we? Sorry, I'm not trying to chastise you or anything, but I just don't like it when there are hateful comments going on. Not like I would delete it if I was a moderator or anything, though. I'm libertarian, so I have no desire to do that.

He deserved it, if we were talking in person I would have said the same damn thing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the record: I have no doubts about other types in my enneagram (tri-type); I'm primarily concerned with my heart fix at the moment, which I think could very well be 4w3. Although after reading info from that site, along with discussion of someone very knowledgable in the enneagram, I am more certain that I'm 4w3, as opposed to 4w5, 3w4, 3w2, 2w3, or 2w1.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He deserved it, if we were talking in person I would have said the same damn thing.

I suppose I just don't understand the purpose of being crude to anyone under verbal circumstances. But don't take it the wrong way though, I'm just reeeeeally liberal. LOL :laugh:

B

brainheart

These descriptions http://personalitycafe.com/type-3-forum-achiever/65603-type-three-achiever-timeless-description.html (there's ones for all the types), sealed it for me that I, in fact, am a 4w3 (who decided long back- childhood, really) that the 4w5/5w4 was the 'ideal' way to be. So that's how I look, but that's not what I am...

This song describes what it is to be a 4w3 so perfectly:
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DLXbBAL-zHsI&v=LXbBAL-zHsI&gl=US[/video]

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suppose I just don't understand the purpose of being crude to anyone under verbal circumstances. But don't take it the wrong way though, I'm just reeeeeally liberal. LOL :laugh:

Indeed :yes:

These descriptions http://personalitycafe.com/type-3-forum-achiever/65603-type-three-achiever-timeless-description.html (there's ones for all the types), sealed it for me that I, in fact, am a 4w3 (who decided long back- childhood, really) that the 4w5/5w4 was the 'ideal' way to be. So that's how I look, but that's not what I am...

This song describes what it is to be a 4w3 so perfectly:
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DLXbBAL-zHsI&v=LXbBAL-zHsI&gl=US[/video]

Ohhhhh more info, thanks :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, when has discussion with me in the past ever been 'pretty annoying' to you?

Your whole personality is annoying.

Why not? You don't know exactly how I feel on the inside, so how can you be so sure that I don't have desires to express emotional feelings at all?

What you fantasize about yourself inside does'nt matter. If you were a 4w3, you would visibly match with the descriptions. And you don't.

Yes, people always deserve crudity when they simply talk with honesty.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your whole personality is annoying.

My sentiments to you as well amigo.

What you fantasize about yourself inside does'nt matter. If you were a 4w3, you would visibly match with the descriptions. And you don't.

From what I've read, 4's do desire to live to an ideal (in my case, an ideal self) and the 3 wing brings a desire for the external world to know of my internal being. Often they'll find an outlet of some sort to acheive that goal; which considering my desires and motivations in life, seems pretty right.

Although if you think 4w3 doesn't fit my heart triad, then what type does (according to you)?

On a side note: typing someone based solely on the content of their posts alone is an inaccurate and faulty method that is prone to error.

Yes, people always deserve crudity when they simply talk with honesty.

You called me a 'waste of time', which is nothing more than your personal opinion of me, not an objective fact. And no, don't say 'duhhh yes it's an objective fact' because in all honesty that betrays a great notion of stupidity.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sentiments to you as well amigo.

From what I've read, 4's do desire to live to an ideal (in my case, an ideal self)
Although if you think 4w3 doesn't fit my heart triad, then what type does (according to you)?

4w3 are aestetic and unique in their manifestation, with workhaolic tendencies. This is not you.

On a side note: typing someone based solely on the content of their posts

It's not what i do.

You called me a 'waste of time', which is nothing more than your personal opinion of me

Yes, and I tell it with honesty.