User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: 8s and anger

MBTI
    IsFJ

Perhaps there is a distinction to be made between "anger" and "passion"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Of course not. People have a right to exercise their will as long as it does not interfere with someone else's will. Someone commiting violence against another is a violation of this. There are legitimate methods, outside of violence, to prevent the exercise of force in this manner.

(*whew* That took a lot out of me to form that simple 'T' sentence. )
    My thoughts exactly.

(And good job on the 'T', uClassify says it's 97% thinking )

Anger doesn't feel good. But it's useful when you learn to focus it.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I try to deal with my anger immediately that way it doesn't fester and I don't become super bitch. When I was younger I had really bad anger problems (i also had a really bad home life), but I'd break things, punch holes in doors, etc. Now I do get angry (not nearly as often, but maybe more often than others) and I try to handle it maturely. I address it ASAP and move on. I do not think anger is negative I just think it depends on how you handle it. Holding it in is just as bad as having an explosive fit. I try to do neither!

ThatGirl

Anger to me doesn't feel good, mostly because I am soooooo 8 that I usually refuse to let someone see how they have affected me. So I just sit an feel it. When I am so angry that I direct it at the person (very rare) its not pretty. I've seen people with flat out fear in their eyes, and I feel like a monster afterward.

Discontent and irritation can be a motivating factor to change something, but no, I am not fueled by anger, and nothing good ever comes from situations where I am pushed toward it.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What's in my head.

Some people are alive because it's illegal to kill them.

But in all seriousness I channel my anger into class (not literally!). What I mean by this is that I really focus on doing my best; it's like a a fuel, a motivation to be the best.

I've lost my cool a couple of times and it's not pretty at all. It's very explosive and I become so consumed in my rage that I lost all sense of rationality; the look in the person's eyes -- just pure terror. Usually this happens when someone has really pissed the shit out of me with other prerequisites to warrant this anger.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

(I'm a 7w8 or an 8) my first response to anger is a plan of action. it's odd but in some ways I'm more rational when I'm angry. I immediately find what the problem is, bring it up to the other person and ask "this is the problem. here is my solution. now, I'd like to here your side of the story and what I need to do not to infringe upon you". when I was younger I would kind of just find what I wanted and take it, but I've since learned that being assertive and standing up for your needs (emotional, physical financial etc) does not always come naturally to people, so much of the time I have to ask this very explicitly and even then they take a while to figure that out and i need to get back to them (I honestly don't know how most people are even alive if they don't know what they want). studying MBTI and enneagram has helped me a lot in this regard as well as some study into basic human psychological needs. study, self reflection and most importantly defining what I justly have control over have helped me out tremendously. when I was younger this wasn't clearly defined so I would get into vicious confrontation over things that I thought I deserved or thought I needed, so this has both helped me to get angry much less and when I do get angry to channel it into something much more productive. my relationships have improved because i know what other people's boundaries are better
    the best type of person for me to get angry around is another assertive person who knows what he wants. when that happens, it's easy to come up with a solution that works in both our best interests. however, even then, I can be stubborn as a mule on a few issues that I won't compromise on (personally, I don't see this as bad in the right circumstances. compromise is great, but you can't have a situation like "we'll compromise, I'll only beat you twice a week").
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My anger is more like an ocean of lava under my feet than anything every really directed at people.

It's fuel for me to move forward, and generally stays where I keep it.

I'm easy to annoy or aggravate, but almost impossible to truly anger.

Ever so rarely though (once in my life thus far), it will boil over, and is a frightening thing to behold.

I've had rage blackouts before, where you just kind of go blank and, (redacted).

The scariest part is how good it feels to let go.

When I finally go to that place... I love being there.

[YOUTUBE="HNvzNWuzI9Y"]How did he die? Not well.[/YOUTUBE]

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Anger to me doesn't feel good, mostly because I am soooooo 8 that I usually refuse to let someone see how they have affected me. So I just sit an feel it. When I am so angry that I direct it at the person (very rare) its not pretty. I've seen people with flat out fear in their eyes, and I feel like a monster afterward.
    Discontent and irritation can be a motivating factor to change something, but no, I am not fueled by anger, and nothing good ever comes from situations where I am pushed toward it.
    could be wrong, but I think that's more NTJ 8s than 8s in general (although the 2 go together a lot). I've known an ESFP 8, an ENFJ 8 and an ISFP 8 and they were much more open when someone made them angry than the INTJ 8 I know who thinks more along the lines of "I can't show any weakness" (though he's learned to communicate it more pragmatically now and is able to avoid things that would make him loose control) as opposed to the "I don't have to take this" line of thinking more typical of an F 8 (though I think is probably also correlated with extroversion. an extravert might be more inclined to be direct and say something immediately)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    What's in my head.

Some people are alive because it's illegal to kill them.

But in all seriousness I channel my anger into class (not literally!). What I mean by this is that I really focus on doing my best; it's like a a fuel, a motivation to be the best.

I've lost my cool a couple of times and it's not pretty at all. It's very explosive and I become so consumed in my rage that I lost all sense of rationality; the look in the person's eyes -- just pure terror. Usually this happens when someone has really pissed the shit out of me with other prerequisites to warrant this anger.
    That's a 3w4 in that gif right there. Sorry, no 8 I know would say they lost their cool *just* a couple of times.

Anyway, anger is not inherently bad, it's just an emotion. It can result in very good or very bad things depending on what the person decides to channel their anger into.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.