Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    I would say Type 1 of either wing. Someone has to bring the 7w8 to heel.
    if my to heel you mean bring them to their disintegration point. 7w8s need a partner who will encourage their wild, vivacious spirit, not try to reel it in.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

actually, for sp 7s, a 9 of some sort would be good, especially with sensing for ENP 7s. A sx/so 7 would probably pair better with an 8 or a 3, like from what I've seen.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

because while i search to "unite", sp-doms search for their own space. it can be quite painful/frustrating i tell you.
    also, i like to discuss things that come from personal experience, @Elfboy, rather than theory. your reasonings might be very logical but at the end of the day, its not about what id prefer but about what i feel and cannot escape feeling. i also have some relationship experience to be able to put this relationship in perspective to previous relationships with people that weren't Sp-doms.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what's wrong with Sp doms? would you rather have someone who's irresponsible, bad with money and doesn't know how to survive? (though I can't this applies much to 4s, 4s suck at surviving regardless of instinctual variant )

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    because while i search to "unite", sp-doms search for their own space. it can be quite painful/frustrating i tell you.
    also, i like to discuss things that come from personal experience, @Elfboy, rather than theory. your reasonings might be very logical but at the end of the day, its not about what id prefer but about what i feel and cannot escape feeling. i also have some relationship experience to be able to put this relationship in perspective to previous relationships with people that weren't Sp-doms.
    you seem to have missed the fact that my last comment was made for the sole purpose of joking.
    if that's what you like, more power to you. go gett'em tigress
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    I think 5w4 would nicely contrast 7w8's asshole-ry rep.
    i find 7w8s the most intensely wantable. they're MY alter ego. the vulnerability required seems unfathomable. i also don't really naturally like them. the push pull is just the most intense. i have met a few entp 7w8 instructors who i thought were great, who had moved towards emotional truth, the necessity of balancing the impulse to dominate with the discernment of submission. i generally prefer 7w6, 4w5, and 1w9 because there's so much to build on, especially at the heart (i've never felt more true, complete acceptance than from these types). the attraction to 7w8 is more just about becoming complete for a 5w4 than about loving, but i imagine in some cases love emerges. there may be no distinction. simply being led by the heart by having the body wake up the heart. regardless, this is valuable, and they're a fucking shock to the system. i love chakra 2. so freeing, so much positivity, spaciousness, flow, creativity, presence, spontaneity, enjoyment, sweetness. chakra 3 is probably the biggest push/pull for me (and the biggest e5 + e4 deficiency).

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Humm.... Just imagine if Jim Morrison (7w8 Sx/Sp) and Van Morrison (4w5 Sp/Sx) were gays and had an affair together. That could have worked very well!
    apart from me thinking that van morrison is a 3w4, i think this is the most brilliant thing you've ever said.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI None

I'm a 5w4(female), and I am currently interested in a 7w8 (also female). I've been looking into her type a lot since I suspected she may be 7w8, and I am seriously intrigued. It sounds so fun! And I'm looking forward to the challenge as well. I don't think I would have been prepared if not for my last long term relationship (which was with a volatile 6w7) followed by a dating turned best-friendship with a 7w6.
    I definitely have a soft spot for Fours, but feel like they can be just TOO submissive sometimes, I like being dominant actually, but also loved the tables flipped on me...
    I love that 7w8s are independent, don't NEED to be in a relationship (like 7w6), and are still playful and fun, and less dominating than an Eight, but still with the ability and tendencies.
    My Four wing makes me far more passionate and emotionally in tune and expressive than a Six wing would, while my dominant Fiveness grounds me and allows me to detach from the helpless romantic in me when needed, so I guess I am a not-so-helpless romantic xD

I've got a bit of that Eight in me for sure, I feel like I'll need it to take on the Eight in her, and I LOVE that. Anything that encourages my Eight to emerge is good for me (at least in that respect.) I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes, but I definitely see great potential for a 5w4 and 7w8.
    I also noticed that whether a 7w8 or 8w7, the subtype would most embody my strengths AND weaknesses, as a Five, which is fascinating.
    However, I'd be more interested in 8w7 as a challenging friend, and 7w8 as a romantic interest.

I've been finding that "missing key" to the Five in the higher levels of the Seven lately as well (and have my 7w6 bestie to think for inadvertently guiding me to and through a lot of it), been quite the Social Butterfly apparently, which is new to me. And need to work on integrating that to Eight... I feel like we'd make a great pair for my continued development, as well as being good for her.... though we will see

She likes my intelligence (as well as humor and dark humor and sarcasm, etc - I like to debate and argue for fun like a 7w8 as well, so I'm looking forward to that muahahaha) and she has humored me in regards to my passion of the Enneagram so far, thinks it's "adorable," so that's fantastic.

Mostly speculating, as things are only beginning... but man, when we kissed last night I was on fire. Looking forward to more of that passion for sure.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Best fit:
    8w7

Also suitable:
    8w9
    3w2
    2w3
    cp6w7

Wildcards:
    3w4
    p6w7
    cp6w5

A 7w8 will run over delicate 9s, exasperate 1s and will be exasperated by 4s. 5s, detached as they are, will likely bore them.

While this is just an anecdote, I know an 8w7M - 2w3F couple who have pretty good chemistry. Not for me but clearly it can work.