• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Suitable Partners for 7w8

Good Matches for 7w8

• 1w9

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 1w2

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 2w1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w3

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 4w5

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 5w4

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 5w6

• 6w5

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w1

• 9w8

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say Type 1 of either wing. Someone has to bring the 7w8 to heel.

if my to heel you mean bring them to their disintegration point. 7w8s need a partner who will encourage their wild, vivacious spirit, not try to reel it in.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
actually, for sp 7s, a 9 of some sort would be good, especially with sensing for ENP 7s. A sx/so 7 would probably pair better with an 8 or a 3, like from what I've seen.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
because while i search to "unite", sp-doms search for their own space. it can be quite painful/frustrating i tell you.
also, i like to discuss things that come from personal experience, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], rather than theory. your reasonings might be very logical but at the end of the day, its not about what id prefer but about what i feel and cannot escape feeling. i also have some relationship experience to be able to put this relationship in perspective to previous relationships with people that weren't Sp-doms.

what's wrong with Sp doms? would you rather have someone who's irresponsible, bad with money and doesn't know how to survive? :laugh: (though I can't this applies much to 4s, 4s suck at surviving regardless of instinctual variant :laugh: )

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because while i search to "unite", sp-doms search for their own space. it can be quite painful/frustrating i tell you.
also, i like to discuss things that come from personal experience, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], rather than theory. your reasonings might be very logical but at the end of the day, its not about what id prefer but about what i feel and cannot escape feeling. i also have some relationship experience to be able to put this relationship in perspective to previous relationships with people that weren't Sp-doms.

you seem to have missed the fact that my last comment was made for the sole purpose of joking.
if that's what you like, more power to you. go gett'em tigress

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 5w4 would nicely contrast 7w8's asshole-ry rep.

i find 7w8s the most intensely wantable. they're MY alter ego. the vulnerability required seems unfathomable. i also don't really naturally like them. the push pull is just the most intense. i have met a few entp 7w8 instructors who i thought were great, who had moved towards emotional truth, the necessity of balancing the impulse to dominate with the discernment of submission. i generally prefer 7w6, 4w5, and 1w9 because there's so much to build on, especially at the heart (i've never felt more true, complete acceptance than from these types). the attraction to 7w8 is more just about becoming complete for a 5w4 than about loving, but i imagine in some cases love emerges. there may be no distinction. simply being led by the heart by having the body wake up the heart. regardless, this is valuable, and they're a fucking shock to the system. i love chakra 2. so freeing, so much positivity, spaciousness, flow, creativity, presence, spontaneity, enjoyment, sweetness. chakra 3 is probably the biggest push/pull for me (and the biggest e5 + e4 deficiency).

Humm.... Just imagine if Jim Morrison (7w8 Sx/Sp) and Van Morrison (4w5 Sp/Sx) were gays and had an affair together. That could have worked very well!

apart from me thinking that van morrison is a 3w4, i think this is the most brilliant thing you've ever said.

XxEchoxX

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a 5w4(female), and I am currently interested in a 7w8 (also female). I've been looking into her type a lot since I suspected she may be 7w8, and I am seriously intrigued. It sounds so fun! And I'm looking forward to the challenge as well. I don't think I would have been prepared if not for my last long term relationship (which was with a volatile 6w7) followed by a dating turned best-friendship with a 7w6.
I definitely have a soft spot for Fours, but feel like they can be just TOO submissive sometimes, I like being dominant actually, but also loved the tables flipped on me...
I love that 7w8s are independent, don't NEED to be in a relationship (like 7w6), and are still playful and fun, and less dominating than an Eight, but still with the ability and tendencies.
My Four wing makes me far more passionate and emotionally in tune and expressive than a Six wing would, while my dominant Fiveness grounds me and allows me to detach from the helpless romantic in me when needed, so I guess I am a not-so-helpless romantic xD

I've got a bit of that Eight in me for sure, I feel like I'll need it to take on the Eight in her, and I LOVE that. Anything that encourages my Eight to emerge is good for me (at least in that respect.) I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes, but I definitely see great potential for a 5w4 and 7w8.
I also noticed that whether a 7w8 or 8w7, the subtype would most embody my strengths AND weaknesses, as a Five, which is fascinating.
However, I'd be more interested in 8w7 as a challenging friend, and 7w8 as a romantic interest.

I've been finding that "missing key" to the Five in the higher levels of the Seven lately as well (and have my 7w6 bestie to think for inadvertently guiding me to and through a lot of it), been quite the Social Butterfly apparently, which is new to me. And need to work on integrating that to Eight... I feel like we'd make a great pair for my continued development, as well as being good for her.... though we will see :)

She likes my intelligence (as well as humor and dark humor and sarcasm, etc - I like to debate and argue for fun like a 7w8 as well, so I'm looking forward to that muahahaha) and she has humored me in regards to my passion of the Enneagram so far, thinks it's "adorable," so that's fantastic.

Mostly speculating, as things are only beginning... but man, when we kissed last night I was on fire. Looking forward to more of that passion for sure.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Best fit:
8w7

Also suitable:
8w9
3w2
2w3
cp6w7

Wildcards:
3w4
p6w7
cp6w5

A 7w8 will run over delicate 9s, exasperate 1s and will be exasperated by 4s. 5s, detached as they are, will likely bore them.

While this is just an anecdote, I know an 8w7M - 2w3F couple who have pretty good chemistry. Not for me but clearly it can work.