this is not another "type me thread" I simply wish to make a thread going into the difference between 3w4 and 4w3, because I suspect a lot of people who think they are 4s are really 3w4.
- 3w4s are usually more calm and cool headed, 4w3s are more emotional and have more passionate energy. this is probably the most significant difference. 3w4s often think they're emotional, but they're usually one of the least emotional of all the types. if you considering or think you are a 4w3 but you're thinking "I'm just a less emotional 4", I would suggest looking at 3w4
- 3w4s have a bit more of a practical bent than 4w3s. this is not to suggest that 4w3s can't be practical, but 3w4s tend to be effectiveness first, embellishment second. 4w3s tend to have reverse priorities
- 3w4s are detached, they can actually look a lot like 5s and 1s
- both 3w4s and 4w3s have a flair for the dramatic and the theatrical, but 4w3s often take this to a more extreme degree. a 3w4 is more likely to have a more subtly theatrical personality with chosen moments of extreme drama/flair
- 4w3s under extreme stress turn into an emotional wildfire of a mess coupled with manipulation and emotional neediness. 3w4s under extreme stress turn into "ice queens" (quoted from Skylights ). they become more detached, more elitist and less likely to be empathetic or merciful. many times they become more driven to get what they want and will stop at nothing to accomplish goals (a good example of this is Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind). however it is worth noting that that under stress, 3w4s have more temperamental moments and the 4 and 3 tendencies become a little more split apart from each othe
- 4w3s are a little more easy to spot, 3w4s can look like a myriad of different types