• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] 3w4s vs 4w3s

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that I agree to the fact being selfish is good, however it is difficult to get an ideology that has been pounded into your skull, out. That ideology being that it is wrong to be selfish.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that I agree to the fact being selfish is good, however it is difficult to get an ideology that has been pounded into your skull, out. That ideology being that it is wrong to be selfish.

oh, so you're saying that you are battling with the previous ideology that has been pounded into your skull. that makes more sense. sorry, I wasn't getting where you were coming from before

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Exactly. So much so that early on when I was trying to exit that point of view the guilt was painful, very painful. The guilt is there, but I now understand that it doesn't make sense to live by a rule that no one else does. Few people live by the level of humility that I tried to attain (I'm talking Jesus stuff... I used to be devoutly Catholic. I am not atheist I believe in God, but not religion) Now I find myself aggravated at the amount of time I've wasted trying to achieve something so impossible, though I'm sure it will never leave me, because I see the theory of being selfless.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly. So much so that early on when I was trying to exit that point of view the guilt was painful, very painful. The guilt is there, but I now understand that it doesn't make sense to live by a rule that no one else does. Few people live by the level of humility that I tried to attain (I'm talking Jesus stuff... I used to be devoutly Catholic. I am not atheist I believe in God, but not religion) Now I find myself aggravated at the amount of time I've wasted trying to achieve something so impossible, though I'm sure it will never leave me, because I see the theory of being selfless.

have you considered enneatypes 1 and 2?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have, but then we go back to the image I wanted to show people.

Just skimmed over 1 and 2 descriptions and I don't know if I like people enough to be either one of those two (ha!).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have, but then we go back to the image I wanted to show people.

Just skimmed over 1 and 2 descriptions and I don't know if I like people enough to be either one of those two (ha!).

it sounds like it was much more than just an image. of course, 3s aren't ALL about image, but it doesn't sound like image was your main goal here
perhaps you're an INFP 3 like me :newwink: I've had deep, genuine beliefs and convictions ever since age 5, but I believe I'm a 3 because I am a natural actor and constantly find myself slipping into roles. these roles are all a genuine part of my personality, so that's why I personally took a long time to identify that I was type 3

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Perhaps I am an INFP 3. I have always wondered if this ENTP business was a facade, and I was just getting comfortable. You see though... INFP means that the belief stemmed from something internal, mine wasn't my own belief, but something I was shown and supposed to accept.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps I am an INFP 3. I have always wondered if this ENTP business was a facade, and I was just getting comfortable. You see though... INFP means that the belief stemmed from something internal, mine wasn't my own belief, but something I was shown and supposed to accept.

maybe you're an INFJ, ENFJ or another type. I agree though, ENTP is worth being skeptical of

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, maybe. Though I think the next logical step would be ESFJ. I don't know if introverted intuition exists within me.

Though I also don't think i have the multi-faceted version of Fe like a dom-user would. Which usually brings me back to ENTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm, maybe. Though I think the next logical step would be ESFJ. I don't know if introverted intuition exists within me.

Though I also don't think i have the multi-faceted version of Fe like a dom-user would. Which usually brings me back to ENTP.

whichever type you are, I sense you are either an F or an ENTP with a very strong Fe. do you have any previous cognitive function results?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Took the similar minds test just now and got unstable INTP. Barely though. Two percent dividing line between introversion and extroversion and that might be just because I am tired. The unstable part I'm sure is based off of the L in the big five I got RLUEI. If I were a little calmer it wouldn't have been so.

Took the actual functions test and got:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.2)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.4)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23)
limited use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or INFJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Took the similar minds test just now and got unstable INTP. Barely though. Two percent dividing line between introversion and extroversion and that might be just because I am tired. The unstable part I'm sure is based off of the L in the big five I got RLUEI. If I were a little calmer it wouldn't have been so.

hmm, if you're sure about these results, I could see your enneagram being
1w2, 2w1, 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, 6w5 or 6w7

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what a balanced array of cognitive function skills you have. I can see how you're confused :laugh:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't believe I am lying to myself. I try to be as honest as possible. They tell you to analyze carefully, but I tend to go overboard when someone tells me to do that so I take it quicker than most.

Yep. I've settled on the fact that I perceive first with something, and then the rest follows suit.

I feel like these scores are the result of being IxxJ... I'll try not to be to pompous and say INxJ. These scores also show that I do not act enough, otherwise I'd have command over my judging functions better... Obviously I don't as I don't believe if I did I'd be in the conundrum that I am in. Hahahaha, O, the irony.

B

brainheart

Back to op:

3 vs 4:

I have a friend who's a 3w4 sp/sx infp. We have many similarities. But... An example of a glaring difference-

I'm doing this three day novel writing contest in sept. Reason- so that I will actually sit down and write the novel I've been meaning to write for eons. (i spent five years writing a novel that I never finished because I spent too much time getting side tracked by research. And then I was bored with it.) Deadlines help me because then I'm forced to stop. More than anything, though, I love the idea of unfettered soul digging expression for three solid days. Ahhh...)

So I asked my friend if she was interested since she also writes. Her immediate response: "i would never pay the fifty bucks to enter unless I knew I could win." The prospect of winning had in all honesty never even crossed my brain. If anything, i'd rather not. I could use some more ambition.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thought that it isn't acceptable to be self-serving.

It depends. I think it's impossible to serve others without being self-serving first, (unless you're a saint or a very special person.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Back to op:

3 vs 4:

I have a friend who's a 3w4 sp/sx infp. We have many similarities. But... An example of a glaring difference-

I'm doing this three day novel writing contest in sept. Reason- so that I will actually sit down and write the novel I've been meaning to write for eons. (i spent five years writing a novel that I never finished because I spent too much time getting side tracked by research. And then I was bored with it.) Deadlines help me because then I'm forced to stop. More than anything, though, I love the idea of unfettered soul digging expression for three solid days. Ahhh...)

So I asked my friend if she was interested since she also writes. Her immediate response: "i would never pay the fifty bucks to enter unless I knew I could win." The prospect of winning had in all honesty never even crossed my brain. If anything, i'd rather not. I could use some more ambition.

I relate more to you in this instance. I'm not competitive for it's own sake. now, if there was a $50,000 prize for first place, then I'm winning that shit, but if not, I don't see the point in victory sans spoils

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It depends. I think it's impossible to serve others without being self-serving first, (unless you're a saint or a very special person.)

Yeah, it's easy to get in the ironic statements of you aren't really self-sacrificing if you enjoy it. At the core of that thought it is correct, but even still the level of deprecation that you have to put yourself through is tremendous. And if you realize that contradiction and you still wish to be self-sacrificing at that point I think you could find a way to be so without enjoying it... Don't know how. I'd say I forced myself to pretty damn close to sainthood when I was younger.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it's easy to get in the ironic statements of you aren't really self-sacrificing if you enjoy it. At the core of that thought it is correct, but even still the level of deprecation that you have to put yourself through is tremendous. And if you realize that contradiction and you still wish to be self-sacrificing at that point I think you could find a way to be so without enjoying it... Don't know how. I'd say I forced myself to pretty damn close to sainthood when I was younger.

I still think you sound like a 1