User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    4w3

Default How do fives show affection generally?

For me, something that has played a big part in understanding where I stand with a five, is learning, acknowledging and appreciating, how they might give the 'green light'. Obviously instinctual variants, love styles, jungian type, and other things factor in as to how a type 5 might reciprocate. But generally how, who, when, why do fives reciprocate? subjective individual answers will be helpful too.

Opening up and time spent.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it differs quite a bit between 5w6 and 5w4s. I'm a 5w4 and I find myself very affectionate. Often delving in areas of affections to a degree of obliviousness blissfulness in the moment, to a point of where angels fear to tread.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm a 5w6. I mostly tease and share my ideas, goals and plans. And make sure to listen, ofc. I like to make fun of everything, including of myself and of whoever I'm talking to. Helps if they don't take themselves too seriously.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like physical affection but I have to know you well and feel comfortable with you first. I'm not big on just casually touching someone. I tend to reserve affection for deeper relationiships.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

A window to the soul

Fives please correct me if I'm wrong. You show affection through gift giving.
    You notice things that someone likes and you surprise them with it.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

Just making sure- you're kidding, right?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Just making sure- you're kidding, right?
    No sir. I've heard both ISTP's and INTP's say that. Many of which are 5's. My Dad is a 5 and he is that way. I also dated what I believe to be a 5 and above all else, he showed affection through giving meaningful gifts. (He was a very introverted, very logical guy.)

Does that describe you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I suppose I can be this way in a relationship, especially on the first stages, but never with friends. Maybe the 5w4s are different, but I'm more about quality time.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I am dating a 5w6 and I wouldn't consider gift-giving a strong point at all. But I think this could be individual. I'd say the very best way to determine if a 5 cares for you, is if they are around. Seriously, it ain't much for us needier, valiation-seeking types.. but I've had this talk with my 5 over and over, and to him is it really fucking simple. If he didn't like me, he wouldn't be around. He absolutely despises any kind of expectation, and refuses to act on it, because they basically refuse to be inauthentic, ever. The best way to get love from a 5 is to give them ALL THE FREEDOM in the world. Very little expecatation, and try to keep emotionalism at bay. 5w6 shows love through time spent, and physically. They suck at verbalizing and aren't big on gift giving either. Acts of service can *sometimes* be shown.

Edit: Now I think about it, Nerdgirl, I think it's very possible a 5 might be different with children, assuming that as they age they develop inferior Fe more. I would imagine an older 5 could be alot more affectionate than when younger.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts