• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Type 5 the analyist

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
Do 5's analyize constantly other people or only certain ones in order to find out what makes them tick? How come they make good analyists when they themselves avoid feelings? How would they know what causes other psychological pain?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do 5's analyize constantly other people or only certain ones in order to find out what makes them tick?

For me it's a matter of degrees. If I've known you for long enough I'll get around to analyzing your type eventually. And then there is a degree of analysis. I might just determine your type in whatever system is easiest. Sometimes the Enneagram is easier than the MBTI.

But it's not always about analysis. Sometimes traits will just come out that I instantly recognize as belonging to a type.

How come they make good analyists when they themselves avoid feelings?

Those who are natural typologists, because of their people intuition, don't need typology.

How would they know what causes other psychological pain?

By listening, not by analyzing. Typology is not necessary for that.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
OP: you have half the answer in your second sentence.

simbad

Enneagram
4w3
Not necesarily. Sometimes it is not enough to detach from feelings in order to analyize the feeling state of others. Empathy is the capacity to recognize and share feelings (such as sadness or happiness) that are being experienced by another. Here is compassion also necessary.