• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Enneagram 6s, why don't I like you as much as I should?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what it is, but I feel so uncomfortable around 6s, even the ones on the web give me vibes that I'm not the biggest fan of. I can't really tell what it is :shrug:

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Maybe it's because we're all like 'hey! watch out for the man!' when you'd rather just ignore the man entirely.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe it's because we're all like 'hey! watch out for the man!' when you'd rather just ignore the man entirely.

And that's when disagreements start, it's strange. Supposedly 6s and 9s are very complimentary types, maybe I just don't get 6s enough.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
And that's when disagreements start, it's strange. Supposedly 6s and 9s are very complimentary types, maybe I just don't get 6s enough.

really? I was just guessing based on how someone pegged me as a 6. :eek:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what it is, but I feel so uncomfortable around 6s, even the ones on the web give me vibes that I'm not the biggest fan of. I can't really tell what it is :shrug:

I don't feel that way, maybe you have a bad past with 6's.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
really? I was just guessing based on how someone pegged me as a 6. :eek:

I really think that is it, you hit the bullseye straight off :alttongue:. I've had plenty of sixes try to convince me that something bad will happen, that some things are infeasible. 'nuclear fallout is happening!!! omg! *meltdown*', and I always seem to tell them something like 'lol, do you really realize how big this planet is? It's not even slightly troubling. It's not even happening on this side of the plannet', and i get the feeling 6s don't like being told this... but I can't tell. I think I read somewhere though that sixes like to be told everything is going to be alright because it eases that anxiety they are so well known for.

VagrantFarce

Maybe it's you?

It can't be good when your instincts say it has something to do with an arbitrary personality type.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It might be because some of us can be extraordinarily blunt.... especially when we are annoyed. :) I can get along with 9's, but I refuse to ignore anything.... and yes, that can cause serious problems in a real relationship. 6's can be truth-tellers; 9's want to ignore problems and pretend they are not there sometimes, and I can be determined to show 9's that they exist. It just doesn't work for more than a buddy-type relationship.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really think that is it, you hit the bullseye straight off :alttongue:. I've had plenty of sixes try to convince me that something bad will happen, that some things are infeasible. 'nuclear fallout is happening!!! omg! *meltdown*', and I always seem to tell them something like 'lol, do you really realize how big this planet is? It's not even slightly troubling. It's not even happening on this side of the plannet', and i get the feeling 6s don't like being told this... but I can't tell. I think I read somewhere though that sixes like to be told everything is going to be alright because it eases that anxiety they are so well known for.

hm. me personally, i'm actually not a sky-is-falling kind of person at all. i'm usually the one telling other people to not worry about things... like at work - just do the best you can and things will be fine, etc... i always appreciate it if someone talks about the bright side of things, but just saying "it's going to be all right" to me would be kinda useless... either i know that already or i've already been troubleshooting for days... i actually kind of like crisis situations, i feel calm and engaged during them...

my dad is a 6 too though - i think 6w5 sp/sx - and he's more like that, he can get really gloom-and-doom. it gets on my nerves sometimes... i guess it annoys my 7 wing, i dunno. it's like he creates a self-fulfilling prophecy because he's so worried about whatever happening that all he can focus on is that, so even if it doesn't happen, he experiences a huge flood of negative effects from it anyway, and then he blames it, even though all of us outsiders can see that the problem isn't the problem, the problem is his perception and subsequent reaction...

ICUP said:
It might be because some of us can be extraordinarily blunt.... especially when we are annoyed. :)

haha so true!

Chloe

haha well this makes me doubt someones type. I have a 5 who is constantlytrying to convince me that something bad will happen.. "dont go to college because economy will colapse anyway", "i u go to school try looking for a career that will be useful after we loose all modern made things (electricity, computers) because it will soon all be destroyed by humans" :laugh: :laugh: Always that kind of answer! Maybe hes a 6

btw he is typoC member; but I ll keep a name secret (for security reasons of course :D)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It might be because some of us can be extraordinarily blunt.... especially when we are annoyed. :)

Maybe I'm just annoying then, lol. I can definitely see that being the case :alttongue:.

Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha well this makes me doubt someones type. I have a 5 who is constantlytrying to convince me that something bad will happen.. "dont go to college because economy will colapse anyway", "i u go to school try looking for a career that will be useful after we loose all modern made things (electricity, computers) because it will soon all be destroyed by humans" :laugh: :laugh: Always that kind of answer! Maybe hes a 6

btw he is typoC member; but I ll keep a name secret (for security reasons of course :D)

hmm, I don't think I know the differences between 5s and 6s. :shrug:

edit: k, nevermind, I got it. 6s are much more straightfoward and like to build structure, 5s like to play Jenga a bit more.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
oh god, I don't want to get into this with you but I will say yes, that's exactly it. It doesn't help me because I'm more worried about the more subtle impacts of it - atmospheric pressure changes, health issues closer to the epicentre and the effect of that on economy, etc.

Sorry XD

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LOL, I definitely stress over stuff like nuclear fallout. But once I am confident that I am in no danger, through my own measurement and not by hearing the news, then I will settle down. 6w7's tend to rely on support from others, but 6w5's need to be convinced through their own studies and trusted resources moreso. I don't mind when people explain why I shouldn't be upset, but it doesn't usually work to quieten my mind haha.

I'm the type that will have a bomb shelter underground one day lol.... I'm a security monger.

I'm more worried about the more subtle impacts of it - atmospheric pressure changes, health issues closer to the epicentre and the effect of that on economy, etc.

I think about these things too.......:(

I think 9's probably see me as way too strung-out and creating problems that don't exist, while I see them as complacent and spacy lol......

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I think about these things too.......:(
Yar. I think to myself 'how can I invest in this disaster so that I can afford to protect myself once the effects reach me?' >.< but then I can't think of anything...

I think 9's probably see me as way too strung-out and creating problems that don't exist, while I see them as complacent and spacy lol......
maybe >.<

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I should appreciate sixes sixth sense (Bazzinga! :happy2:) for these things, as much as it rattles me when I realize that I turn to answers that aren't as solid as I idealize them to be and then share them without any proof, and then they seem to believe my words that I don't really have that much confidence in. I always felt I didn't understand 6s well enough, it makes a lot more sense now that I think about it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ to me it seems like 6 and INTP could get along very nicely. we are both interested in building possibilities off given data and also are both very analytical. :)

Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.

no.

:D

6w7's tend to rely on support from others, but 6w5's need to be convinced through their own studies and trusted resources moreso. I don't mind when people explain why I shouldn't be upset, but it doesn't usually work to quieten my mind haha.

well, i like the support of others, but it's only a temporary fix. for me, it's more like they're able to distract me temporarily, so i don't worry about whatever the problem is. that's kind of 7-ish, i figure - distracting yourself - so maybe that's part of why 6w7s tend to "rely" on others. i imagine more 6w5s are Ts and Is and 6w7s are Fs and Es, also, so that's probably a bit of a confounder... I/T will simply tend to be around people and seek interpersonal comfort less, while E/F will tend to be more interested in interpersonal comfort.

ultimately, though, i have the same root of needing to be convinced through my own study. an old roommate of mine used to always make fun of me because i would always wikipedia (/and google, and urbandictionary, and look up in the actual dictionary, etc.) whatever we were talking about... to me it's like, why not? i like having the most up-to-date information... and no offense to her but the collective understanding of people around the world is probably going to be more useful and accurate than the opinions of teenager from a rural town...

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe I should appreciate sixes sixth sense (Bazzinga! :happy2:) for these things, as much as it rattles me when I realize that I turn to answers that aren't as solid as I idealize them to be and then share them without any proof, and then they seem to believe my words that I don't really have that much confidence in.

Yep, if it is a 6w7 who trusts you, that can be the case. (A 6w5 too, but they usually have one trusted person to consult, as in my case, whereas a 6w7 will usually consult many.) Keep in mind also that if they are like me, a 6 might go along with something, much like a 9, just because they know that telling the truth won't get them what they need. That doesn't mean they agree with you, and they won't later.......

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."

Yes - when some people try to calm me, it does feel as if they are trivializing my worries. My S.O., however, will first tell me not to worry, and then he will start explaining why, and even help me find new resources. He does not act as if my worries do not matter, and that' s part of why I trust him.
He is into politics, and sometimes I will tell him I just can't hear anymore, because my body wants to respond as if it is a major meltdown episode, even though there is nothing I can do right now (like listening to how bad the economy is sometimes can make me feel stressed).

Funny story: We were out with his best friend, and I was feeling anxiety about being there, because I had been estranged from the relationship for awhile. We went in a bar, and were all drinking, and his best friend started talking about Japan's recent problems, and I turned around and puked in a glass. It was just enough to put me over the edge LoL.....