First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."
    yeah exactly!

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.

^ to me it seems like 6 and INTP could get along very nicely. we are both interested in building possibilities off given data and also are both very analytical.
    I currently think that I'am 6 and INTP. Double benefit so.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I currently think that I'am 6 and INTP. Double benefit so.
    INTP 6w7? Interesting combination.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    INTP 6w7? Interesting combination.
    From what I can imagine, it seems worlds apart from the prototypical INTP 5. How well do you relate to INTP profiles Speed?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I feel so uncomfortable around 6s, even the ones on the web give me vibes that I'm not the biggest fan of. I can't really tell what it is
    I'm not this way around all 6's but there are a couple that can rub me the wrong way for various reasons.

Some 6's seem to rain on my parade. I get excited about some new idea or project and the 6 points out the negatives and what can go wrong. I know that things can go wrong- I don't need to be constantly reminded of it and even if they do, it's not necessarily going to be as catastrophic as the 6 makes it out to be.

Some 6's can be overly sarcastic or confrontational. It's mostly the unhealthy 6's or the highly counterphobic ones.

Some 6's are overly paranoid or skeptical of everything. They want to question everything you say and do. I have customers I serve that are like this. They want to question my credentials, have to have every piece of information validated by a source they consider "authoritative." Around them, I get the impression that I'm constantly being analyzed, that it's not good enough. Sounds like enneagram 1, except their motive is based more on security than in seeking perfection.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm not this way around all 6's but there are a couple that can rub me the wrong way for various reasons.
    I think I can tell why not all do

Some 6's seem to rain on my parade. I get excited about some new idea or project and the 6 points out the negatives and what can go wrong. I know that things can go wrong- I don't need to be constantly reminded of it and even if they do, it's not necessarily going to be as catastrophic as the 6 makes it out to be.
    Healthy 6es will present them as problems to plan for, rather than problems to make you quit. "What will you do if the engine cuts out?" instead of "The engine is gonna cut out and you're gonna die."

Some 6's can be overly sarcastic or confrontational. It's mostly the unhealthy 6's or the highly counterphobic ones.
    Yes >.> the opposite of this is pretty obvious.

Some 6's are overly paranoid or skeptical of everything. They want to question everything you say and do. I have customers I serve that are like this. They want to question my credentials, have to have every piece of information validated by a source they consider "authoritative." Around them, I get the impression that I'm constantly being analyzed, that it's not good enough. Sounds like enneagram 1, except their motive is based more on security than in seeking perfection.
    Healthy 6es will think of the most secure way to verify things that they can, and do it themselves wherever possible, instead of making someone else do all the checking including the stuff that ends up unnecessary in retrospect.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

lol, I don't think the world is going to end (in the near future).

It is exceptionally irresistable to point out all the potential downsides of situations, though. So you can be prepared. Like this thread is probably just going to turn into a pissing match.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    haha well this makes me doubt someones type. I have a 5 who is constantlytrying to convince me that something bad will happen.. "dont go to college because economy will colapse anyway", "i u go to school try looking for a career that will be useful after we loose all modern made things (electricity, computers) because it will soon all be destroyed by humans" Always that kind of answer! Maybe hes a 6
    Given how blasé your friend seems to be* about the grim future he envisions, he could well be a Five, especially a 5w6. Sixes are usually more visibly anxious, like those characters Woody Allen always seems to play.

* Just a vibe I got, sorry if that isn't the case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    Healthy 6es will present them as problems to plan for, rather than problems to make you quit. "What will you do if the engine cuts out?" instead of "The engine is gonna cut out and you're gonna die."

or better yet, "that engine sounds a little unusual to me. maybe it's just because you've fixed it up so nicely and it's running better than normal, but let's double-check it before you take off anyway."

though i ought to point out that as an FP w7 sp-last, i am probably not going to be the helpful one keeping track of your engine. that would be the TP w5 sp-dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Given how blasé your friend seems to be* about the grim future he envisions, he could well be a Five, especially a 5w6. Sixes are usually more visibly anxious, like those characters Woody Allen always seems to play.
    * Just a vibe I got, sorry if that isn't the case.

yeah hes definately too calm, cold-headed for a 6...no anxiety in him.. 5w6 makes a lot of sense

seeing ppl like that makes me believe in wings; which i normaly dont