User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    It might be because some of us can be extraordinarily blunt.... especially when we are annoyed.
    Maybe I'm just annoying then, lol. I can definitely see that being the case .

Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    haha well this makes me doubt someones type. I have a 5 who is constantlytrying to convince me that something bad will happen.. "dont go to college because economy will colapse anyway", "i u go to school try looking for a career that will be useful after we loose all modern made things (electricity, computers) because it will soon all be destroyed by humans" Always that kind of answer! Maybe hes a 6

btw he is typoC member; but I ll keep a name secret (for security reasons of course )
    hmm, I don't think I know the differences between 5s and 6s.

edit: k, nevermind, I got it. 6s are much more straightfoward and like to build structure, 5s like to play Jenga a bit more.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I really think that is it, you hit the bullseye straight off . I've had plenty of sixes try to convince me that something bad will happen, that some things are infeasible. 'nuclear fallout is happening!!! omg! *meltdown*', and I always seem to tell them something like 'lol, do you really realize how big this planet is? It's not even slightly troubling. It's not even happening on this side of the plannet', and i get the feeling 6s don't like being told this... but I can't tell. I think I read somewhere though that sixes like to be told everything is going to be alright because it eases that anxiety they are so well known for.
    oh god, I don't want to get into this with you but I will say yes, that's exactly it. It doesn't help me because I'm more worried about the more subtle impacts of it - atmospheric pressure changes, health issues closer to the epicentre and the effect of that on economy, etc.

Sorry XD
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I really think that is it, you hit the bullseye straight off . I've had plenty of sixes try to convince me that something bad will happen, that some things are infeasible. 'nuclear fallout is happening!!! omg! *meltdown*', and I always seem to tell them something like 'lol, do you really realize how big this planet is? It's not even slightly troubling. It's not even happening on this side of the plannet', and i get the feeling 6s don't like being told this... but I can't tell. I think I read somewhere though that sixes like to be told everything is going to be alright because it eases that anxiety they are so well known for.
    LOL, I definitely stress over stuff like nuclear fallout. But once I am confident that I am in no danger, through my own measurement and not by hearing the news, then I will settle down. 6w7's tend to rely on support from others, but 6w5's need to be convinced through their own studies and trusted resources moreso. I don't mind when people explain why I shouldn't be upset, but it doesn't usually work to quieten my mind haha.

I'm the type that will have a bomb shelter underground one day lol.... I'm a security monger.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    I'm more worried about the more subtle impacts of it - atmospheric pressure changes, health issues closer to the epicentre and the effect of that on economy, etc.
    I think about these things too.......

I think 9's probably see me as way too strung-out and creating problems that don't exist, while I see them as complacent and spacy lol......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I think about these things too.......
    Yar. I think to myself 'how can I invest in this disaster so that I can afford to protect myself once the effects reach me?' >.< but then I can't think of anything...

I think 9's probably see me as way too strung-out and creating problems that don't exist, while I see them as complacent and spacy lol......
    maybe >.<
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Maybe I should appreciate sixes sixth sense (Bazzinga! ) for these things, as much as it rattles me when I realize that I turn to answers that aren't as solid as I idealize them to be and then share them without any proof, and then they seem to believe my words that I don't really have that much confidence in. I always felt I didn't understand 6s well enough, it makes a lot more sense now that I think about it.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ to me it seems like 6 and INTP could get along very nicely. we are both interested in building possibilities off given data and also are both very analytical.

Do all 6s have a knack for sarcasm? I could see that being related to bluntness in some ways.
    no.

6w7's tend to rely on support from others, but 6w5's need to be convinced through their own studies and trusted resources moreso. I don't mind when people explain why I shouldn't be upset, but it doesn't usually work to quieten my mind haha.
    well, i like the support of others, but it's only a temporary fix. for me, it's more like they're able to distract me temporarily, so i don't worry about whatever the problem is. that's kind of 7-ish, i figure - distracting yourself - so maybe that's part of why 6w7s tend to "rely" on others. i imagine more 6w5s are Ts and Is and 6w7s are Fs and Es, also, so that's probably a bit of a confounder... I/T will simply tend to be around people and seek interpersonal comfort less, while E/F will tend to be more interested in interpersonal comfort.

ultimately, though, i have the same root of needing to be convinced through my own study. an old roommate of mine used to always make fun of me because i would always wikipedia (/and google, and urbandictionary, and look up in the actual dictionary, etc.) whatever we were talking about... to me it's like, why not? i like having the most up-to-date information... and no offense to her but the collective understanding of people around the world is probably going to be more useful and accurate than the opinions of teenager from a rural town...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Maybe I should appreciate sixes sixth sense (Bazzinga! ) for these things, as much as it rattles me when I realize that I turn to answers that aren't as solid as I idealize them to be and then share them without any proof, and then they seem to believe my words that I don't really have that much confidence in.
    Yep, if it is a 6w7 who trusts you, that can be the case. (A 6w5 too, but they usually have one trusted person to consult, as in my case, whereas a 6w7 will usually consult many.) Keep in mind also that if they are like me, a 6 might go along with something, much like a 9, just because they know that telling the truth won't get them what they need. That doesn't mean they agree with you, and they won't later.......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    lol, yeah, I'm supposedly a 6w5 and although I can appreciate the sentiment of trying to calm my worries, it does feel a bit like you're trivializing them. I guess it's the difference between "there's nothing to worry about, quit being silly" and "everything will turn out OK; we'll find a way."
    Yes - when some people try to calm me, it does feel as if they are trivializing my worries. My S.O., however, will first tell me not to worry, and then he will start explaining why, and even help me find new resources. He does not act as if my worries do not matter, and that' s part of why I trust him.
    He is into politics, and sometimes I will tell him I just can't hear anymore, because my body wants to respond as if it is a major meltdown episode, even though there is nothing I can do right now (like listening to how bad the economy is sometimes can make me feel stressed).

Funny story: We were out with his best friend, and I was feeling anxiety about being there, because I had been estranged from the relationship for awhile. We went in a bar, and were all drinking, and his best friend started talking about Japan's recent problems, and I turned around and puked in a glass. It was just enough to put me over the edge LoL.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype